30th IFPA World Footbag Championships 2009 Berlin

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 29 Jun 2009 13:57

Oh i cant wait to eat a doner :!:

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 01 Jul 2009 23:31

I may have eaten a doner :( Is it like lamb/mystery meat pita with cucumber sauce?

Paulsator
Multidex Master

Post by Paulsator » 02 Jul 2009 01:03

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :D :D :D

come to berlin and have a real DÖNER KEBAB man!!!
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 02 Jul 2009 01:25

Paulsator wrote::lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :D :D :D

come to berlin and have a real DÖNER KEBAB man!!!

+10000 :!:

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 02 Jul 2009 07:08

WHOOO KEBAB!
That's pretty much all I'm going to eat for ten days. Can't wait.

About the arrival info - If I want to get straight to the East Side City hostel, should I follow the orders how to get to the gym that are on the Worlds website and then walk a couple kilometers to the hostel, or is there a convenient way to get directly to the hostel?
And please don't answer "taxi" :P

Paulsator
Multidex Master

Post by Paulsator » 02 Jul 2009 07:26

please just wait for all the info to come...

but yeah its only abot a ten minute walk from the event site to the hotel :wink:
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 03 Jul 2009 05:16

Two Weeks until swimming, movie-theatre-ing, seeing Ted Fritsch, seeing Vasek's aura, seeing Milan rip people apart, eating Kebab, seeing a group of 50+ Polish Players arrive in one massive cult, fruit digesting, partying, seeing Lauri hit drunken whirring swirls, MORE kebab, routines, speaking German, circle contest finals, getting lost on some public transportation, seeing Matt Cross sell 100% of his awesome bags to Europeans, seeing Nick Landes show everyone what is up, seeing Goldberg run shit, seeing Ianek gently heading Circle, having Tina get a 200+ shred 30, many sick 3's dropped, request contest being fun, inevitably losing a footbag in a hard to reach area, watching someone nearly die retrieving said footbag, watching Anssi hit spanishfly's until you cry, seeing young Mariusz show all the 20 year olds up, silently watching Juho from a distance being too shy to introduce yourself, watching Ales play doubles, seeing Serge hit fearless, trying to freestyle with a net bag, juggling, injuring yourself, telling everyone you're injured and playing through it, seeing Rafel and Norek hit more symp torques, gossip about Damian vs Vasek, wonder why Kozlov isn't there, whine about Moir, Penske and Clavens, late-night-hall-shredding until 4 A.M, trying to assemble 15 footbaggers for dinner and taking 2 hours to do so, ending up with 5 of the 15 actually going somewhere, hitting that trick on front of your idol and internally screaming like a schoolgirl, having 20 people ask you for a bag and not buy one, ruin your new tshirt with Kebab sauce, half-wonder if you should go site-seeing, watch the Quebecois come back from site-seeing, attempt to get net playing former freestyler's to play, gossip about next worlds being in North America, go grocery shopping, forget sunscreen, think about arranging a tournament in your area, Asmus chilling on a bench, some guy filming EVERYTHING and not doing anything with the footage, salivating over what Mads will edit, not even blinking when Vasek shreds for 56 seconds, almost getting into a circle with Honza, see someone try pixie atomic ss flurry 203 times, and say they were close, and then claim they could have hit it if some other factor was in effect, get some media coverage, talk about Felix and hear he still kicks once in a while - but is really one sided, argue about B.A.P, drink more beer, kick yourself because you SHOULD have saved yourself for Routines, say goodbye to the same person about 4 times, end up riding to airport with said person, wait for plane with said person and get to know them, wonder where that week just flew by.

I can't wait.
Jay Boychuk

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 04 Jul 2009 02:13

Okay, turns out we will have one free spot in our room in X-berger hostel, which is located only one block from tourney area.

Our room is at the moment: I, Phil Morrison, Daniel Boyle, Olaf, Pawel Rozek, Alvaro Junca and David Castillo.

PM me if interested!
-Tuukka Antikainen

sergio
Multidex Master

Post by sergio » 04 Jul 2009 06:31

jay7 wrote:Two Weeks until swimming, movie-theatre-ing, seeing Ted Fritsch, seeing Vasek's aura, seeing Milan rip people apart, eating Kebab, seeing a group of 50+ Polish Players arrive in one massive cult, fruit digesting, partying, seeing Lauri hit drunken whirring swirls, MORE kebab, routines, speaking German, circle contest finals, getting lost on some public transportation, seeing Matt Cross sell 100% of his awesome bags to Europeans, seeing Nick Landes show everyone what is up, seeing Goldberg run shit, seeing Ianek gently heading Circle, having Tina get a 200+ shred 30, many sick 3's dropped, request contest being fun, inevitably losing a footbag in a hard to reach area, watching someone nearly die retrieving said footbag, watching Anssi hit spanishfly's until you cry, seeing young Mariusz show all the 20 year olds up, silently watching Juho from a distance being too shy to introduce yourself, watching Ales play doubles, seeing Serge hit fearless, trying to freestyle with a net bag, juggling, injuring yourself, telling everyone you're injured and playing through it, seeing Rafel and Norek hit more symp torques, gossip about Damian vs Vasek, wonder why Kozlov isn't there, whine about Moir, Penske and Clavens, late-night-hall-shredding until 4 A.M, trying to assemble 15 footbaggers for dinner and taking 2 hours to do so, ending up with 5 of the 15 actually going somewhere, hitting that trick on front of your idol and internally screaming like a schoolgirl, having 20 people ask you for a bag and not buy one, ruin your new tshirt with Kebab sauce, half-wonder if you should go site-seeing, watch the Quebecois come back from site-seeing, attempt to get net playing former freestyler's to play, gossip about next worlds being in North America, go grocery shopping, forget sunscreen, think about arranging a tournament in your area, Asmus chilling on a bench, some guy filming EVERYTHING and not doing anything with the footage, salivating over what Mads will edit, not even blinking when Vasek shreds for 56 seconds, almost getting into a circle with Honza, see someone try pixie atomic ss flurry 203 times, and say they were close, and then claim they could have hit it if some other factor was in effect, get some media coverage, talk about Felix and hear he still kicks once in a while - but is really one sided, argue about B.A.P, drink more beer, kick yourself because you SHOULD have saved yourself for Routines, say goodbye to the same person about 4 times, end up riding to airport with said person, wait for plane with said person and get to know them, wonder where that week just flew by.

I can't wait.
Spoiler! Now we don't even need to go anymore..
Serge Kaldany
75 Adds - Paris

Paulsator
Multidex Master

Post by Paulsator » 04 Jul 2009 08:19

yes you do...
you've got noooo idea what you're in for... 8)
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

matt_bailey
Multidex Master

Post by matt_bailey » 04 Jul 2009 14:48

jay my mouth started watering and had to save my laptop from destruction

registered today :D
Matt Bailey

"what's up gov'ner!?"

webmaster
Shredaholic

Post by webmaster » 04 Jul 2009 18:29

This is your last chance to register and pay for Worlds:
* click here to register

I don't know if everyone understands this:

New Policy for 2009: All players must be pre-paid by July 9th or they will not be able to compete in Worlds!

* Please don't just ignore this e-mail because you are already registered or because you aren't going. Please help me make sure everyone you know (not just on Modified, but in your local clubs) understands this!

* Every person reading this, please make sure you tell all your footbag friends (especially ones who live in your area, and kick with you, and who are going to Worlds) that they must pay their entry fee online by July 9th!

For bank transfer, this means the real deadline is Monday, July 6th!!!! That's one day left, really! If you or your friends want to do bank transfer, it will barely be enough time if you do it first thing Monday morning!! After that, the only option is PayPal by Thursday morning. Then it's all over.

On July 10, we will start making the seeding and pools for Worlds. It will not be able to be changed after that.

This is serious!! And it's a big change. Please help me avoid all your friends being disappointed and upset when they go to Worlds and find out they can't compete. PLEASE help me communicate this to everyone!!!!

Thanks.

Steve Goldberg
Registration Czar
click here to register now!
Steve Goldberg

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 04 Jul 2009 20:29

Dear Steve,

My life fell apart and got flipped upside down and I no longer have a way to World's. You should sponsor me so that I can be there to complete my duties as Judge and MC and Official Party Starter. I'm sure the Berlin crew will endorse this expense. :P

But seriously, if you wanna make it happen holla at me. :) .... :cry:

Hugz,
Tom
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 05 Jul 2009 01:08

Tom,

If I had the money, I would buy your ticket. I really hope that you make it out to Germany. I am bringing an apple! Maybe I could throw you a few yen from Japan...if I could get it back sometime, like the money that you still owe me for the shoes that you bought in 2006.

Good luck!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 05 Jul 2009 20:53

Tjuggles wrote:Tom,

If I had the money, I would buy your ticket. I really hope that you make it out to Germany. I am bringing an apple! Maybe I could throw you a few yen from Japan...if I could get it back sometime, like the money that you still owe me for the shoes that you bought in 2006.

Good luck!
hahah did I really not ever pay you!?

I appreciate the offer.

When I am ballin' I will buy you hella shoes TJ. :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 07 Jul 2009 15:23

25 seconds of crazy Footbag Net spikes in HD on YOUTUBE or 25 seconds of crazy Footbag Net spikes in HD on VIMEO

Our short Footbag Net clip that is airing on Berlin's subways as of today! No Audio of course, but a longer version with a great soundtrack and more spikes & blocks is coming soon.

If you're planning to come to worlds and didn't register yet, don't forget that you have to register by tomorrow!!! All information at http://www.footbag.org/worlds2009

until then you can watch the preview version with the second screen, that gives you the same info as the berlin public transport audience on YOUTUBE or on VIMEO

Along with the subway TV spot we will be distributing 3000 footbags in the city for free, just like the ones in the beginning of the video.

The spot is airing as of today for another 2 weeks 80 times daily, reaching 1,000,000 people each day!

Don't forget to rate/like/comment/favorite, if you do so!

Players:

Yves Kreil
Antonio Fritsch
Yassin Khateeb
Ulrich Haase

Camera:
Norwin Natschbach

Production & Edit:
Max Kerkhoff

Shot on a Canon 5D Mark II
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 07 Jul 2009 17:57

awesome clip! huge props everyone

Post by ville » 07 Jul 2009 21:14

Nice clip guys! I can imagine that's going to get noticed on the U-bahn!

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 09 Jul 2009 19:19

I hope that this is an appropriate place for this...

NOTICE:

Kenzo and myself still are unreserved for a hotel from the 20th to the 26th.
If anyone has two open spots, we would love to fill them.

I know this is last minute and everyone is probably set already, but just in case...

Please PM me if anyone can help us out.

Thank you.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

webmaster
Shredaholic

Post by webmaster » 09 Jul 2009 20:00

But, TJ, you're not registered. At least, not according to:
http://www.footbag.org/registration/reg ... 1226679678

Did you know this year you cannot compete unless you paid by tonight? Registration is now closed. Anyone who didn't pay now must be converted to guests and scratched from the events. You can still register as a guest, but not as a competitor.

So, I hope you were planning on registering as a Guest, because it is no longer possible to register as a competitor.

Steve
Steve Goldberg