30th IFPA World Footbag Championships 2009 Berlin

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Paulsator
Multidex Master

30th IFPA World Footbag Championships 2009 Berlin

Post by Paulsator » 08 Jan 2009 13:57

** THE ALL NEW WEBSITE IS NOW ONLINE @ http://www.footbag.org/worlds2009/ **

Dear Friends,

On behalf of IFPA and FC Footstar Berlin, I would like to officially announce the 2009 IFPA World Footbag Championships, to be held July 19th-26th, 2009, in Berlin, Germany.

Dates are confirmed, and you can start making your travel bookings now.

The Footbag Conspiracy Footstar Berlin is very proud to be hosting the 30th Worlds in the German capital and our beloved hometown, Berlin. Ten years after the now legendary first European Masters (1999 in Berlin), we are happy that the international footbag scene will return to our city to celebrate the next season's biggest footbag tournament.

We are trying our best to make these Worlds very special for all players and guests, and we invite all of you to become part of the experience.

The official website with all important info will be online shortly at footbag.org.

For now, we can inform you that, in order to compete, we will require pre-payment and pre-registration for all events from all competitors. There will be no exceptions. There will not be late/on-site registration at all. Only guests will be able to do so, but will have to pay an extra fee.

The registration fee will be a flat rate for everyone -- intermediates, open competitors, and guests -- regardless of how many events you want to participate in. There will be no price money.

The tournament will start on Sunday, July 19, with the intermediate qualifications, and the rest of the events will begin on Monday, July 20. The event will officially conclude on Saturday, July 25. On Sunday, July 26, our local arrangements team will ensure optimal conditions so that you all will have an opportunity to casually shred and spike.

We are organizing accommodation for everyone's needs and budgets. Please wait for the official information on the website before booking anything! All of the options will be within very close reach of the event sites. Our hope is that you will not have to use public transportation at all.

We also hereby announce the official Worlds 2009 Video Contest. We will accept all footbag-related videos sent in through July 1, 2009, for the competition. We reserve the right to decide which videos to show at the public screening at Worlds if too many are sent in. The best three will be judged and awarded there. Start filming now!

Once again, we are really really looking forward to Worlds and meeting all of you again for a week of crazy footbag action and fun in the summer of 2009!

Book now!

Paul Cronjaeger,

on behalf of

FC Footstar Berlin e.V.
IFPA

www.footbag.org/worlds2009
http://www.footbag.org/events/show/1226679678
www.fcfootstar.de
www.footbag.de
Last edited by Paulsator on 10 Jul 2009 05:28, edited 9 times in total.
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Jan 2009 15:37

Will any afterparties be held at world-famous whorehouses?:wink:

In all seriousness though, I'm going to do everything in my power to make it to this. Good luck FC Footstar, and thanks for taking on this responsibility?

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Jan 2009 16:28

I still have no clue if I will come this year after being in the last 4 worlds.

But I will probably do something for the video contest this year!
Mathieu Gauthier

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 09 Jan 2009 03:52

C-Fan wrote:Will any afterparties be held at world-famous whorehouses?:wink:
we'll work on it, just for you.
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 13 Jan 2009 04:24

Artemis is pretty world famous.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 13 Jan 2009 08:16

After years of being dumb, I just realized I'm using one of your old graphics for my avatar. 8) :oops:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 Jan 2009 16:02

BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH!!!!! Why are there not tons of posts about this yet?

People don't know how excited they really should be about this, World's is being thrown by the most competent, slickest crew of shredders in the world and in the coolest city in the world.

I am at 85-90% certainty that I will be there, fuck, I wouldn't miss it for anything!

BERLIN! I can't wait to go back! Best place on earth!!!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

krawallier
Fearless

Post by krawallier » 13 Jan 2009 17:23

mosher wrote:BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHH!!!!! Why are there not tons of posts about this yet?

People don't know how excited they really should be about this, World's is being thrown by the most competent, slickest crew of shredders in the world and in the coolest city in the world.

I am at 85-90% certainty that I will be there, fuck, I wouldn't miss it for anything, but for 10-15% incertainty!

BERLIN! I can't wait to go back! Best place on earth!!!
i found a little mistake and corrected it. everything else seemed right to me. 8) :twisted: :D 8) 8) :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
max kerkhoff

fcfootstar

! 30TH ANNUAL IFPA WORLD FOOTBAG CHAMPIONSHIPS 2009 - BERLIN !

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 13 Jan 2009 18:34

haha as a nerd I recognized that there was a slight inconsistency in my claims.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! hahah

FUCK YESSSS, BERLIN!
Tom Mosher

chris-
Shredaholic

Post by chris- » 13 Jan 2009 21:59

@mosher word! :)

this worlds gonna rock and for sure im in.
hope to see the glashouse and bathship again as an event site, this place was so nice to hang out. even so the weather wasn't that good at the footbag berlin summer 08.

BERLIN!!111
Footblog
Christoph Alexander

Lise
Multidex Master

Post by Lise » 14 Jan 2009 10:33

i am looking very much forward to this event.

yay!

:D !!
--Lise Thygesen--

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 14 Jan 2009 13:35

I'm pretty sure I will come!! I'm going to find a job for the summer to get the money I will need for it... :lol:
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 14 Jan 2009 16:18

TomTilly wrote:I'm pretty sure I will come!! I'm going to find a job for the summer to get the money I will need for it... :lol:
What are you talking about? You don't have to pay for a 1k ticket to just get over there. If US players can make it, you should be able to really now. :)

Also is it possible to buy the "I survived Worlds 08" shirt at the site?
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Paulsator
Multidex Master

Post by Paulsator » 15 Jan 2009 03:06

if you make one...
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 15 Jan 2009 12:20

I'd like to go, but I haven't really solidify what my summer plans would be this year. I'm in the process of getting my life together, so a lot of things might contradict with my attendance for this year's Worlds.

If there is a huge list of American/Canadian attendees, I might be more convinced to go.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 15 Jan 2009 19:22

Wasabi wrote:If there is a huge list of American/Canadian attendees, I might be more convinced to go.
That's a terrible attitude!!

Go no matter what and hang out with whoever is there, it will all be footbag people and you should look forward to meeting new people, not just huddling with the same people you always see!

But regardless, those people should come too!

One thing I think people probably don't realize is that Berlin is NOT just another random city in Europe, it's a magical fantasy land with everything you've ever wanted to see or do.

GO TO BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom Mosher

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 15 Jan 2009 19:56

Two questions:

1) Will there be a stage? I'd rather not perform on gym floor.

2) Which freestyle events will receive prize money?

Thanks.
Jorden Moir

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 15 Jan 2009 20:17

mosher wrote:One thing I think people probably don't realize is that Berlin is NOT just another random city in Europe, it's a magical fantasy land with everything you've ever wanted to see or do.
Alright, if it's not going to be raining beer and women (dressed as bar maids with golden pigtails) during the week I'm there, I will be SEVERELY disappointed Tom. :wink:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Paulsator
Multidex Master

Post by Paulsator » 16 Jan 2009 04:51

Jorden,

1. the preliminaries will most likely be in a gym on a wooden floor, in front of bleachers, while the finals will be in a famous concert hall onstage (stage size around 10x8x1,50 meters) in front of thousands of people.

2. Price Money? Hum, does that really matter? well I guess for you it does since you have a definite shot at it and flights arent that cheap. For now I can only say that *official* events will definitely receiver price money: Those will be probably Open Routine, Women Routine, Doubles Routine, Women Doubles Routine, Mixed Doubles Routine, Circle and Shred 30!
Sick3, Request and TwoSquare will only be sideline events and to my understanding wont receive price money.
Prize money has not been a primary concern to us, but i guess it will be dealt with in the usual manner

Just come! There finally needs to be a real battle between all the good northern americans and europeans. ITS WORLDS!
and we wont disappoint you 8)
Paul Cronjaeger
84 * fcfootstar berlin

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 16 Jan 2009 16:18

I'm coming. I be doing everything in my power to make it. I am so excited for this I can hardly contain my self.
Drew Martin