PA Jam! April 15-17, 2011 (AND IT WAS A BLAST!)

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.

Would you be able to make it to this event?

Definitely! :O
100%

Total votes: 17

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Mar 2011 21:49

CHECK OUT THE SHIRTS!!!

Also let us know if you'd buy one, we're trying to get them as light green with black text. More details inside Zach's post.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 02 Apr 2011 09:29

Just got my tickets. Should be arriving in Philly around 5:10pm and then driving up with Drew and Toolan not too soon after.

Super(fly) psyched!
Doug Tank

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Apr 2011 16:31

Good to hear man :D See you that Friday night then
Nick Polini

Funblog

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 02 Apr 2011 17:40

DTank126 wrote:Just got my tickets. Should be arriving in Philly around 5:10pm and then driving up with Drew and Toolan not too soon after.

Super(fly) psyched!
awesome shit man !!!

nick did you get my text with the Number? call the dude tomorrow! im sorry im so busy :(

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Apr 2011 18:20

I gotcha covered dude. No big deal, we all get busy from time to time. I'll call Mr. McShirtman tomorrow.
Nick Polini

Funblog

bcooke02
Hack Fiend

Post by bcooke02 » 05 Apr 2011 23:13

DTank126 wrote:Just got my tickets. Should be arriving in Philly around 5:10pm and then driving up with Drew and Toolan not too soon after.

Super(fly) psyched!

Hell yea Doug!!!
Benjamin Lee Cooke
NYFA

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 07 Apr 2011 14:16

Anybody coming through west penn/the pittsburgh area? I either need a ride or I could drive. Doesn't matter to me.
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Apr 2011 19:49

Hey again everybody! I have some more good news regarding the PA Jam:

The other day, I went through hell and back trying to book an indoor shred spot, just in case it rains. Gym was totally booked, and there was no way I could book an empty indoor room on campus because there will be an open house that day. I started to think that there would be no indoor plan B spot... then I found this.... and I booked the crap out of it:

This will definitely fit all of us. So even if it rains that weekend (fingers crossed), we can still play footbag!

Tomorrow, I'm getting the shirts made. This is actually coming together... I can hardly believe this is being pulled off.

~PLEASE READ~
I just want to thank everyone who's confirmed as attending. It's always been my DREAM to host a footbag jam. I look at the list of attendees, and words can't express how exuberant it makes me to see that this many people actually want to come to this thing. You guys are all helping make one of my biggest (if not, THE BIGGEST) and wildest dreams come true. I really can't thank you enough for being a part of my first event.

...But enough of this General Hospital crap! You guys better get stoked up! Only one more week!!!!
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Apr 2011 19:20

T-Shirts!

New Improved T-shirt Design (Rough Version)

This is the front image, there will be a Laver footprint as the back image with the Jam name and all that good stuff. I'll hopefully have a better idea by tomorrow night.

Sorry to throw up these new designs, but the old ones wouldn't have worked out. Plus I think these are going to be way cooler.

All shirts from Sizes S-L all in Lime Green and $10 a pop
Nick Polini

Funblog

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 09 Apr 2011 22:07

I'm a fan! I'll be happy to purchase one
John Goode

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 10 Apr 2011 11:17

so stoked! this is going to be ultra baller

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 10 Apr 2011 18:40

Oh **** this jam is this weekend.

Whooooooooooooooosh
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 11 Apr 2011 06:55

I don't think a L will fit me, but I'll toss you some bucks just to help out. Looking forward to the event Nick, thank YOU for doing all the work to make it happen!
Bob R.

Runkstafari
Shredalicious

Post by Runkstafari » 11 Apr 2011 08:25

I would like to purchase a shirt even though I will not be there! I can throw 15 for it! I really want to be there for this...

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Apr 2011 09:36

Wow, I can still hardly believe it's going down this weekend. Friday! Friday! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! We excited! We so excited!

Sensei Bob, Thanks for throwing some ca$h to help out with the event. I appreciate the heck out of that. Lucky for you, I bought 2 extra large shirts, just to be safe ;)

Joey, Let me know your size and pm me your address and I can mail you one. Superbly bummed that you can't make it, man.

Announcements:
:arrow: Just to make it clear, Friday night and the Saturday after party will be BYOB, but there will be one or two younger kids at this event staying at my place (I think the youngest is 14), so I prefer it not to get too crazy with alcohol. Not saying you can't have fun, just pretty please be cool about it. IF YOU DO PLAN ON BRINGING DRINKS, PLEASE BRING BEVERAGES INTO MY APARTMENT IN A BROWN BAG OR HIDDEN SOMEHOW, THANKS IN ADVANCE
:arrow: I also plan on setting my hookah up in the living room and a 4-square court in my dining room.
:arrow: Not mandatory, but it would be nice if a few people could bring snacks/drinks for everyone, since I'm supplying the crash space. I'm going to try to get a few cases of donuts for us too.
:arrow: When you guys arrive, please bring as little as you can into my apartment (sleeping bag, a change of clothes, toiletries... footbags) just to maximize room for everyone. There will definitely be enough room for everyone, I've measured it out about a thousand times (almost serious :P I really didn't want to screw anything up and have there be not enough room for everyone, since this is only my first event and i'd like to run a good, fun first event that everyone will remember in a positive way). If you guys and gals could leave duffel bags and other larger whatnots in your cars or friends' cars until you need it, that would be ideal.
:arrow: If you are arriving Friday night, try not to be at my place before 6:30, because I have an internship preparation class from 4-6 every Friday, and I can't skip it. I will be back at my apartment by around 6. It's annoying, I know, I apologize for this time constraint :\

I'll update this on the first page too.

Really looking forward to this guys!
Nick Polini

Funblog

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 11 Apr 2011 16:01

I also plan on setting my hookah up in the living room
:D :D :D I know what I'm doing Friday and Saturday night. Whats your favorite flavor? I'll stop at a place near me and pick something up.

Also, damn you Ben Cooke! I thought I had a chance at making final circle but now I'm screwed! :P

EDIT: Hey Josh G. I'm getting into Philly around 5 on Friday and am driving up with Drew K, maybe contact him if your still looking to share a ride.
Doug Tank

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Apr 2011 16:11

Ooooh. Guava would be awesome :) Or whatever really. I'm not picky. that would be nice of you Doug, Tanks (zing!) I gotta pick some new stuff up this week too, realized we're real low on what we got. Room mates used most of it :\
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Apr 2011 13:52

It kinda sucks to announce this:

:arrow: Zach Hoffa quit playing footbag. He couldn't have picked a better time to do it, now I'm stuck running this Jam all by myself. Kind of nervous for it, plus it might rain, which would suck, but I booked the backup shred spot in case of rain, so we should be alright.

He said we would host this Jam together and we split the work... I ended up doing everything. Kinda pissed about it. Pretty low on his part to stop playing right before the biggest topic we've been talking about all year and leave me take care of it completely solo. But it's his loss.

Event is still going to be held as planned, just minus Zach...

Cross your fingers for beautiful, dry skies everyone.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 12 Apr 2011 16:42

Nick, I am sorry to hear about the disappointing news. I'm sure everything will work out either way, it's going to be a blast!! You've been doing a fantastic job organizing it so far!

On a side-note, I see that you are not far from French Creek state park.

I've been meaning to go disc golfing there for quite some time! If I brought some extra discs, would anyone want to accompany me for some disc golfing after shredding, on saturday?

Edit: grammar

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 12 Apr 2011 17:21

Drew: YES! I'm pretty awful... but I've been jonesin for some disc golf for quite some time now.

Nick: Why? Zach's seemed so keen on footbag lately and from what I've seen on modified it appears he's been making great progress. Very strange. Either way, I'll try and help you as much I can during the event (although it sounds like you've already done most of the heavy lifting) so don't hesitate to ask.
Doug Tank