PA Jam! April 15-17, 2011 (AND IT WAS A BLAST!)

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.

Would you be able to make it to this event?

Definitely! :O
100%

Total votes: 17

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Apr 2011 09:43

Erica: It was awesome to finally meet you too! Keep up the stitching. You've got a NATURAL GIFT. I'd love to kick with you again sometime soon. You're a really cool girl and I hope to get you out to some more jams this summer. Glad you had fun! We'll be in touch.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Apr 2011 10:15

ITEMS LEFT AT MY APARTMENT

:arrow: Grocery bag filled with sweaty shred attire (Contents: turquoise shirt and black shorts)
:arrow: Drew's vegetarian food items
:arrow: Dark blue Penn State hoody
:arrow: Black & White Adidas shorts
:arrow: Dark blue shirt with a single pocket
:arrow: Black sweatpants with a logo of a burning piano that says "Fantasia"

Claim them if they're your's!
Nick Polini

Funblog

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 18 Apr 2011 10:50

when bruce posts I hear bruce lee's voice narrating everything he types.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 18 Apr 2011 10:58

sick jam! i hope everyone had as much fun as i did. my anticipation for the tournament was half dreadful (bad weather conditions), half optomistic (seeing old and new people). it turned out to be fully radical. Saturday was freaking great in the rain location. Sunday was even better. Josh Gayhart is the man. him and his cousin were probably the highlight of the weekend with all of the hooters excursions and beavis and butthead side talk. it was great to see matt cross killing it! holly bananas matt. sick meeting those ohio dudes and big ups to everyone that came.

Sunday was even better. Sticks on the ground will live with me forever. watch out for a video. facebook!

i know it was a good weekend when i cant even walk from playing so much footbag

-boats

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 18 Apr 2011 12:34

JUDAS!

I'm surprised I woke up alive Sunday.

Sick jam. Thanks everyone!
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 18 Apr 2011 15:48

You really hooked it up Nick, for a first time organizer you really did it up right and your game is really coming along. Keep pushing yourself, you have a very high ceiling. It was super fun chilling with everyone, sadly i kicked with no one.

I just got one last thing to tell y'all, STICKS ON DA GROUND
Drew Martin

the_music_man
Shredalicious

Post by the_music_man » 18 Apr 2011 15:55

The Fantasia sweatpants are mine XD

BTW... Sick jam nick, was so fun!!!
Footblog

(Ryan Straub)

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 18 Apr 2011 18:55

I had a great time. Thanks to Nick for making it happen, and to all the players. It was lots of fun keeping the bag off the ground with you guys.

Special thanks to everyone who bought a bag or placed an order!

speaking of which, Bruce Dole lost a large, faded orange and fuchsia footbag with a spiral pattern. If it got mixed up in your collection, please shoot me a PM.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

bcooke02
Hack Fiend

Post by bcooke02 » 18 Apr 2011 20:27

Nick you are the man. Thanks for everything!
Benjamin Lee Cooke
NYFA

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Apr 2011 23:09

Kevin: Wish you could have come with Doug to this one dude. I'll be watching out for the dates of Boston Jam. I'd really like to hit that up.

Dave: Yo man, your style has been going crazy with madd improvements since Funtastiks. Thanks for coming out and I'm glad your half dreadful/half optimistic thoughts were comforted by total radness! Keep dem sticks on da ground. Haha can't wait for that video.

Josh: Dude, thanks a bunch for traveling down here with your cousin, Jeff. You guys were such awesome guests. I will never forgot when i walked in my livingroom at 3 am only to see you and Jeff curled up next to each other listening to hardcore music haha good times. I'll get that shirt out to you asap.

Drew: Yo MC StiXXX OTG! Great having you down. Sorry you couldn't play too much due to the injury :\ Thanks for the encouraging words on my game. That shit means so much to me and it's just little quotes like that, that I think about when I'm drilling that drive me harder. Great job MC'ing on Sunday. Stoked for your new record to be released. I just can't get enough of your old one, "Stickin' It To Da Man" Shit is fresh, yo!

Ryan: Hey man, I had a feeling those sweatpants were your's :P Glad you were able to come this weekend. You really surprised me with your improvements since last time we played. Keep working that shit both sides. I can't wait until you realize how lucky you are to have the crank you have. Oh and Tim Harper got an RV today and was asking for the spot that our's are located... How sick would that be to get together with Tim and Josh on weekends this summer and shred at Ferry Boat Campgrounds!?

Matt: Hey man, thanks for showing up. Great to see you and kick with you again. I'm gonna take some trips to NYFA this summer to shred with you guys, no doubt. I love my new "Rod Laver footbag carrier". I just can't let anyone who doesn't footbag see it... because I think it's a purse... But I could really care less, because it's frickin awesome. Also, thanks for offering up those prize bags and thanks a TON for staying late to help us clean up the apartment. That was really nice of you guys. So close to Mobius> Mobius man! I could have sworn you had it. Also, thanks for demonstrating Swirling near mirage so I could see what a good one looked like. I'm so pumped I hit it! I'll be working the swirling sets on both sides in the near future.

Ben: Yo man, you were awesome! It was so cool to finally meet you. Your style RIPS.... HARD. Your nukes and stepping ducking really inspired me. In fact, I hit a handful of new flipside stepping ducking tricks tonight. I studied how you did them and I kind of picked up on it. It was great being your beer pong partner, we kicked ass... kinda haha Well, at least we sunk some sweet shots. You blew my mind when you were hitting those crazy tricks with athletic pants on in that circle with Matt and I. Purple is the best color out there. I plan on coming to kick with NYFA this summer at least a couple times. Tell Ricky I said thanks for coming along on the trip. She seemed really nice. Can't wait for the music video of StiXXX on the Ground!

Also, thank you to everyone who bought a shirt from me. I'm glad you guys liked the design.
Nick Polini

Funblog

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 19 Apr 2011 10:24

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:ITEMS LEFT AT MY APARTMENT

:arrow: Grocery bag filled with sweaty shred attire (Contents: turquoise shirt and black shorts)
:arrow: Dark blue shirt with a single pocket
i'm pretty sure these are mine, sorry about that. i knew i forgot something.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Apr 2011 11:39

I just threw them in the washer. Next time we kick I can give them to you.
Nick Polini

Funblog

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 19 Apr 2011 17:31

Worst. Event. Ever.

:P

Fuckin awesome job Nick! I had so much fun! Thanks for being such an amazing host and putting up with so many smelly footbaggers. I'll be sure to return if you ever hold another jam, or just to kick it for a weekend.
Doug Tank

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Apr 2011 17:33

Pics from the Jam (I don't have too many, because my camera ran out of batteries): If you have more, please upload them and post them here

One Rice Crispy Jawn for everyone who had to sleep on my floor ;)

Brednen, my room mate, who stuck around to see what was good this weekend. He's a champ.

Dave and Mike gettin' stoked.

Dave jumping for joy, Mike checkin' out Dave's thighs, Waylon setting for a micro symp mirage, Jackson pumped on being stoked.

The boys chillin' with the hookah, watching "Natural Born Kickers"

John loves Matt

Dave is blinded by the light, wrapped up like a doosh, another roller in the night.

Doug Tank about to disagree with something.

Jeff... "This beer tastes like PISS!"
Drew is BALLIN'! While Bruce is levitating the pong ball with his previously mentioned drunken telekinetic powers.

Beer Pong

The Hooters babes that Josh, Jeff, and Mike were hitting on before they got kicked out... oh... and Ryan :P

Rainy day indoor shred circle

Brandon: facebook stalking... Toolan: clueless

Brandon: Clueless... Mike: Stalking.

A very classy Dan Greer

Waylon getting prepared to floss his teeth. Jon hypnotized by technology

ImageJohn struggling with a slackline
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 19 Apr 2011 18:05, edited 2 times in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Apr 2011 17:41

Doug: Thanks for the awesome words! It was great getting to know you better, shooting the shit with you and kicking with you. Thanks for making such a long journey to get here. And thanks a bunch for bringing that hookah tobacco! As for another trip to PA... I might consider kicking with you again in the future... maybe ;) Hope to see you again at Boston Jam, whenever the phuck that may be. Keep kicking man. Mob> Mob is yours soon.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Green Lanturn
Hack Fiend

Post by Green Lanturn » 22 Apr 2011 22:15

Nick, I'm glad to hear that it went so well. Footbag needs more people like you who are willing to work hard to promote an event and get people excited about the sport (Especially here on the East Coast). Your passion for footbag comes through loud and clear.
David Maimone

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Apr 2011 08:18

Wow, thanks for that man. That was nice to read. I really do have madd passion for this sport. I want to do all that I can to revive the scene. I'm kinda like that with everything I get into. I used to be obsessed with Ska music and I was all about trying to revive the scene, and I did do it to some degree. Got a good handful of people into it and brought them to their first Ska shows. It was really awesome. But yeah, thanks a lot dude. that was nice of you to write.

PS. I'm trying to throw another jam at my campgrounds in Harrisburg in the summer sometime. I haven't worked anything out yet, but I'm going to be talking to the owner once the camp opens for the year. You'll all hopefully be hearing about it sometime in the future.
Nick Polini

Funblog

the_music_man
Shredalicious

Post by the_music_man » 24 Apr 2011 16:46

Camp shred sessions!!! Can't fucking wait! any news on Tim?!
Footblog

(Ryan Straub)

the_music_man
Shredalicious

Post by the_music_man » 26 Apr 2011 15:34

dolercoaster wrote: BTW If anyone finds a Matt Cross (see below) footbag, numero 446 (see below) please let me know! It's MIA, and I love it and I miss it :(
Dude, I cleaned out my Slackline bag today, and I found that bag. The only reason I can think of why it was in there was because I had the bag laying on the Picnic table. What's your address, I can mail it to you.
Footblog

(Ryan Straub)

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 27 Apr 2011 09:26

Dude, I cleaned out my Slackline bag today, and I found that bag.

awesome, I PM'ed you my address!

Thanks, man!!!!!!