2011 IFPA World Footbag Championships in Helsinki, Finland

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
mohkale
The Mohkale

2011 IFPA World Footbag Championships in Helsinki, Finland

Post by mohkale » 14 Feb 2011 22:23

Dear Footbag World,

Get ready for some great news!

On behalf of Finnish Footbag Association, I'm thrilled to announce that the dates for the 32nd IFPA World Footbag Championships are finally set!

The tournament is held between July 31 and August 6, 2011. A few days ago, the City of Helsinki confirmed that we can use the venues we want. Most of the action will take place in Töölö Sports Hall which is conveniently located within a walking distance from the heart of Helsinki.

More information about the best week of your lives will be published on the event website. It will be launched by the first week of March. Before that, be sure to check out information about the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134362689963261.

To make this the best footbag event of all time we are joining forces with an event production company, Soul Productions Ltd.

Go on, book your flights to the beautiful, summery Helsinki and get ready to rock!

On behalf of Worlds 2011 organizing team,

Matti Pohjola
Finnish Footbag Association
Matti Pohjola

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Feb 2011 19:24

Sweet. Thanks for posting dates, this should make planning a lot easier.

Is that sports hall the same as the one in 2005 worlds?

ilkka m.
Hack Fiend

Post by ilkka m. » 16 Feb 2011 23:54

C-Fan wrote:Is that sports hall the same as the one in 2005 worlds?
We have different venue this time, with a more convenient location. You'll find some info on Wikipedia about Töölö Sports Hall.

See you in Helsinki!
Ilkka Malin
Suomesta

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 17 Feb 2011 18:30

I bought my ticket from Frankfurt to helsinki.

July 27th - august 7th.

Now i'll buy my ticket from canada to europe. I will probably stay from late may until the end of august! Will visit few coutries for sure! I will mostly be based in Germany. I guess i will visit france, czech republica, switzerland germany and maybe Poland! Can't wait to see you guys at worlds!

Mat

Dorota
Hack Fiend

Post by Dorota » 21 Feb 2011 13:40

MathieuGM wrote:
I guess i will visit france, czech republica, switzerland germany and maybe Poland!
Mathieu, you should definitely visit Poland at the end of August!
Of course, other shredders are invited too. This year's Polish Championships will be a fantastic event.

By the way, it's very nice of you to write the name of our country with a capital letter as the only one in here ;)

Polish representation in Helsinki will be numerous (as always) - our tickets booked already... so see you at Worlds!
Dorota Wojtasiuk

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 21 Feb 2011 17:51

I really wish i could visit poland at the end of August. But my GF wanna go in France. So i guess i'll go on that side :). For now i plan to vist switzerland/poland on the last of jube and the first of july!

Can't wait to see all the polish crew at worlds!

Mat

mohkale
The Mohkale

Post by mohkale » 20 Mar 2011 12:33

The official website for the 32nd annual IFPA World Footbag Championships is now online at http://www.footbag.org/worlds2011/. There you’ll find initial information about the tournament, including accommodation, basic schedule, Helsinki info, the organizing team, and much more.

We’ll update the site frequently, so stay tuned! And don’t hesitate to ask us in case you need more info. Expect to see full online registration coming in the next few weeks.

Our team is working hard to ensure you’ll have a great week of footbag in Helsinki. Venues for the competition are booked, and all the other preparations are well under way. To make this the best Worlds yet, we're planning some special festivities, like the Hall of Fame party to honour the legends of the sport. We're all very excited to have the Worlds tournament in Finland, and we’re hoping to see all of you here in the summer!
Matti Pohjola

Kuba
Shredaholic

Post by Kuba » 04 Apr 2011 14:19

Hi! Me, Dorota and Damian "Twister" Gielnicki are looking for a roommate to Omena Hotel in Helsinki. We're going to stay in Eerikinkatu 24, from July 30th to August 7th (8 nights). Total cost will come to about 120 euro per person.
We are nice and friendly people and can assure calm nights without spewing in the middle of the room and singing while coming back from afterparty ;)

If you are interested, please contact me via e-mail: kubafootbag@gmail.com.

Greets,
Kuba
Kuba Grabarczyk

Nowe Miasto Footbag Association
www.zoska.eu

matt_bailey
Multidex Master

Post by matt_bailey » 27 Apr 2011 10:54

As the above space was taken, I've now also booked at room at the Omena Eerikinkatu. I believe Roy Klein will be sharing so if 2 more people want in we can keep the cost down.

Give me a PM, reply or email at matthew_bailey@live.com

Thanks
Matt Bailey

"what's up gov'ner!?"

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 06 May 2011 10:16

looks like i might be goin to wolrds 8)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Tomas Tucek
Circle Kicker

Post by Tomas Tucek » 11 May 2011 05:57

Hi,

Me and Martin Sladek are looking for two roommates to Omena Hotel (Lönnrotinkatu). We're planning to stay from July 30th to August 7th. 8 nights and total cost will be about 120e per person. This hotel is near to the eventsite.

Is here anybody interested?

Please reply by PM or tomtucek@centrum.cz

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 13 May 2011 02:27

hey, i am looking for a room i can sqeeze in since my plan on booking a room with a few buddys failed due to them not really going now :D anyone still got some space?
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 21 May 2011 12:45

Dante, Sebastien Duchesne, Evan GAtesman and I are going to stay at Omena Hotel, There are 3 of these hotel. i would like to know wich one you reserved (kuba.... damian..? anybodfy else?). Would be awsome to be all at the same one!

Mat

LinoSphere
BSOS Beast

Post by LinoSphere » 21 May 2011 20:17

berlin crew is staying at omena yrjönkatu. don't know about anybody else. i hope this one ends up with the most footbaggers in it... we shall see.
Matthias Lino Schmidt

Gielnik
Shredaholic

Post by Gielnik » 22 May 2011 10:47

Dante, Sebastien Duchesne, Evan GAtesman and I are going to stay at Omena Hotel, There are 3 of these hotel. i would like to know wich one you reserved (kuba.... damian..? anybodfy else?). Would be awsome to be all at the same one!
we are staying at Omena Hotel - Eerikinkatu 24.

mohkale
The Mohkale

Post by mohkale » 23 May 2011 08:03

It doesn't really matter which Omena you choose. All three hotels are within a footbag golf driver kick distance from each other.

MAtti
Matti Pohjola

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 23 May 2011 20:02

I'm keen to stay at Omena with some other footbaggers, if anyone has some spare space or is also looking please do let me know!

matt_bailey
Multidex Master

Post by matt_bailey » 26 May 2011 11:49

Roy, Olaf, Pawel and I are in Eerikinkatu. COME ON!
Matt Bailey

"what's up gov'ner!?"

m@tte
Hack Fiend

Post by m@tte » 27 May 2011 08:18

can´t wait for Helsinki 2011!

I read this under the online registration :" Note that you can easily cancel without penalty if you find a roommate who already has a room and cancel before the cancellation deadline; so it's better to reserve a room now, than not have one."

When exactly will the cancellation deadline be?

greets
Mathias Blau
Mathias Blau,

Denmark

Aalborg footbag team

mohkale
The Mohkale

Early bird registrants eligible for fee refund

Post by mohkale » 27 Jun 2011 00:37

From http://www.footbag.org/worlds2011/06/21 ... ee-refund/ :

Online reg­is­tra­tion con­tin­ues for the upcom­ing IFPA World Foot­bag Cham­pi­onships in Helsinki, and by the time of this writ­ing 74 play­ers rep­re­sent­ing 13 dif­fer­ent coun­tries and four con­ti­nents have already reg­is­tered! (You can check out the side­bar flag wid­get for the lat­est stats, updated daily.)

To encour­age even more play­ers to book their trip well in advance, the Finnish Foot­bag Asso­ci­a­tion has decided to offer free reg­is­tra­tion to three com­peti­tors, drawn ran­domly, who sign up and pay by the end of June. So, if you plan to travel to Worlds this year, let us know by reg­is­ter­ing online by Thurs­day the 30th, and you have a good chance of win­ning a full refund for your reg­is­tra­tion fee.

The final dead­line you must reg­is­ter and pay online by is July 17, about three weeks from now. Please note that there will be no on-site or late reg­is­tra­tion as in some other tour­na­ments. Whether you are a com­peti­tor, a side­line player, a vol­un­teer or a mem­ber of the staff, please reg­is­ter and pay as soon as pos­si­ble. For your con­ve­nience, you can pay the reg­is­tra­tion fee by Pay­Pal or within the SEPA area also by bank transfer.

85 players have registered so far. Register and pay by the end of June for the possibility of winning your registration fee back. Register and pay here now http://www.footbag.org/registration/reg ... 1293877677
Matti Pohjola