Montreal Wedding Bash, July 9-10

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 19 Jun 2011 20:06

YES it's great that this is happening!

I am preeeetty sure I'll be able to make it - just a few things to check first. I'll RSVP soon.

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 20 Jun 2011 07:58

Dio wrote:YES it's great that this is happening!

I am preeeetty sure I'll be able to make it - just a few things to check first. I'll RSVP soon.
Really hope you can make it!!!

Guys I need a quick head-count, please post if you're coming :)
Nicholas Laroche

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 20 Jun 2011 14:43

I'll be there, and I'm driving from London. I have three seats available, and am looking to share expenses.
Johnny Suderman

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 21 Jun 2011 07:51

OK so I have a rough idea who's coming, so that's good. Holla if you haven't yet though!

Like I mentioned before, we recommend staying at the hostel, but if anyone is in dire straights PM me and we'll see if we can work something out for you.
Nicholas Laroche

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 23 Jun 2011 19:48

I'm a no go. Broke at the moment.
Have fun guys!

JM
Jorden Moir

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 26 Jun 2011 18:51

Gah, I have to work on that Friday... and I really need to save the money up for Helsinki later in the month anyway. Have fun anyway guys and congrats Nick!

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 02 Jul 2011 12:24

hey just wondering about how many footbaggers are gonna be at the wedding, and when are they arriving.

to the vermont guy, are you going through the eastern townships or straight through to montreal, because we could carpool if you wanted to.

jean-philippe labbé

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 04 Jul 2011 08:07

Sorry for lack of updates, been busy with wedding stuff. Please let me know if you have questions about anything. I was thinking, Sunday, if it's nice, we might all congregate at the Tam Tams. Again, easy to reach from the Hostel. I'll get some directions on this post tonight.

My phone number is five one four, seven six six, three zero seven two. It's a landline though. Will try and get a cell contact for you guys asap.
Nicholas Laroche

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 04 Jul 2011 13:36

yeah, just wondering if anyone has any plan to meet and whatnot, I dont live in Montreal, so i might be coming either friday or saturday depending on what people are doing. to everyone coming you should all post when youre planning on coming and all that.

jippe

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 05 Jul 2011 02:45

Place des Arts

Here's a link to Place Des Arts, highly recommend you guys meet up here. If you guys aren't showing up for Friday, that's OK, but this should be the meeting ground. 5 minute walk down St-Catherine street to hit the Hostel.

Hostel Google Map

Plan yourselves guys, I know it's tricky and a little messy because there's no direct host, but, do it anyway and come to the reception Saturday night, it'll be a riot!!! :D
Nicholas Laroche

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 05 Jul 2011 09:12

been sending PMs to people who are supposed to be there, what about the montreal players though? any news from james, seb, marc and mathieu?

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 05 Jul 2011 14:08

I've sent Sebastien Duchesne a message and hope to hear back soon. James will be there pho sho, Mathieu is MOVING that day so ahhhh not sure, hopefully... Ianek I'm not really in touch with, gonna try and PM me if I can find his account! This might not be a huge footbag event, but it's still a huge event... it's a great time to be in town, and with a bunch of footbaggers running around it'll be wild!

SUNDAY, TAM TAMS, I WILL BE THERE!!

Was kinda bummed at not being able to see my footbag buddies, but whoever can come from the wedding reception will be coming to the Tams! Not sure what time exactly, but roughly 1pm would be a good guess.

This will rock. <- Period.
Nicholas Laroche

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 06 Jul 2011 08:39

Hey, so Ian and I should be getting in Friday night around 9pm, will anyone be around and willing to kick, or should we just amble along the mean streets of Montreal in search of cheap booze and a strip club?
Doug Tank

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 06 Jul 2011 13:53

I'm looking to getting to montreal on friday night, do you guys have a cell number? anyways i dont have one, looking forward to a great weekend!

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 07 Jul 2011 08:48

Nick and Bailey: Congratulations on your most happy and joyous ceremony. :) I wish I could make it.

Have fun!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 07 Jul 2011 10:34

Ahh Way Way, sad you won't be there :(

I've PMd you guys Master James' phone number, so call him whenever, for whatever reason, at any time of night. He's down for whatever, so give him a call and he'll set up some kicks!

Supposed to be beautiful weather this weekend, so that's a relief. All in all this is gearing up top be a small but distinguished footbag crowd. I hope you guys will have an excellent time while down here, and I'm just sorry I couldn't be more involved with you guys while your here.
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 08 Jul 2011 02:28

I'll be on the corner of St-Hubert and St-Catherine at the metro berri station from 1PM to 2PM today, that's my lunch break (I now work next to this station)

If anyone is in the mood for a warmup kick, I'll gladly play.

Sad part is, that's the only hour I got for the weekend. (or more like 45 mins since I got to dry up before going back to work!)
Mathieu Gauthier

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 08 Jul 2011 14:15

will be getting to montreal around 12pm on saturday gonna go and wait for people at the Place des Arts, while warming up

see ya there guys

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 09 Jul 2011 11:26

so i got to montreal late in the afternoon, its now 15h30 and im near place des arts which is under construction, if you guys see a guy with a mohawk and dreadlocks in the back its me, ill be around place des arts in case anyone gets here soonish. see you guys either there or at the reception, hope we can ick and get there all together.

sorry i dont have a phone number

jippe

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 11 Jul 2011 17:07

hey i just wanted to thank Nick for the wedding invite, it was a great wedding we had lots of fun even if we're a bunch of motherfucking pussies as Justin-Paul was sayiing.

I caught the garterbelt oh yeah!!

it was nice to meet new people, all in all it was a great time, can't wait for the next jam, possibly Boston!

woo hoo

oh and all the vinyls I got are top notch, listening to Led Zeppelin III, 1$ what a bargain!