NYFA Jam 5

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 06 Jun 2011 14:32

the rough design for the t-shirt is on the link below. they're going to be black t-shirts with white print. i suck at photoshop so my friend is going to help me with the final dezign.

-Boatz
Last edited by boats on 06 Jun 2011 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 06 Jun 2011 14:44

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 06 Jun 2011 15:46

My manager was a bro and gave me off all of Friday. Since that's the case, I'll probably come in a bit earlier on Friday and hang.
John Goode

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 06 Jun 2011 17:46

I don't think I can make it. I am going to try, but I think it would be a very bad idea if I did. The one weekend it's a problem because I need to prepare to teach a class that starts Monday morning. I am a little bit sad.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Jun 2011 18:48

Ew dude, that shirt design is far too demented to wear in public!

...Sign me up for one, please! :wink:

Also, I'm going to try to get to NYFA on Friday sometime. I'll fill in when I find out.

Ian, I was hoping you'd be there. I really wanted to kick with you again. My visit to PSU was fun this year. I hope you end up coming, but if not, hopefully see you at another upcoming jam.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 07 Jun 2011 04:56

Looks like I'll be able to hit this up! Hopefully the ankle behaves -- looking forward to seeing you all again. I'm planning on getting in on Friday night (maybe 8:30ish?).
Mark Bull

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 07 Jun 2011 08:42

I think we should make a venue change. Washington square is still under construction, and MMW is playing summer stage. Bruce still wants washington square. chime in let us know. I like live music and shade and Bruce likes shorter train rides and tic and tac lol.
Drew Martin

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Jun 2011 08:50

Looks like most people are getting in on Friday evening.

For those who need to get to my place -

When you get here, you will need to call me at:

I live at:

342 Eldert St, Apt 212
Brooklyn, NY

which is off the Halsey stop on the L train.

Bruce is off the Myrtle - Wyckoff stop on the L train, which is the next stop to the West.

Hopefully, Bruce will post his address.

For those of you getting in to one of the main terminals by bus or whatever, check out

http://www.hopstop.com

for directions.

I recommend choosing the "Subway / Rail only" option under "Transportation Preference".

I know it looks like a ton of info, because it lists all the stops that you pass on the way from one train to the next, but if you just write down the trains, the direction they are heading, and the stop you get off at, you should be all right. Most people are friendly about helping with directions if you get confused. Also, most trains feature the stop names in order on the walls above the windows.

Sometimes, Hopstop will say "Take train X toward Brooklyn" or something like that, and when you get to the train, it will give you two options for the direction, neither of which are "Brooklyn", in a literal sense. One of the options may be IN Brooklyn, but it can get confusing. Once again, people are pretty friendly about giving directions.

I think that most people will be getting in around evening time. If anyone's thinking of getting in much earlier, maybe we can get together at my place for rooftop shred with some other NYFA members.

PM me if you have questions.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 07 Jun 2011 09:35

Hey Party People.

I'm coming from Friday afternoon/evening to Monday mid-day.

See you all there!

:P

Friday, June 10, 2011 Leave
Depart: 1:40pm Buffalo, NY (BUF) Non-stop
Arrive: 3:15pm New York, NY (JFK)

Monday, June 13, 2011 Return
Depart: 2:00pm New York, NY (JFK) Non-stop
Arrive: 3:49pm Buffalo, NY (BUF)
Jay Boychuk

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 07 Jun 2011 10:36

helllllllllllllllllll yes.

Drew, please edit the first post to include my address and phone number when you get a chance.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 07 Jun 2011 10:46

Bruce, you still have crash space?

I think I might have to show up.

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 07 Jun 2011 12:11

Hopefully, Bruce will post his address.

it's on page three, Drew could you also add it to the initial post?

Drew (Krause), I wish I had more space...I've got six people staying in what is essentially a one room apartment (I moved)...so far I've had to turn away Mark Bull (on Saturday, at least...Toolan had a spot reserved from way back but he's not getting in until Saturday) and Jay Boychuk.

I put out a plea to fellow NYFers on our listserve, hopefully somebody will come to the rescue...

If I have to, we'll cram people in, but we may have to start lopping off some body parts to make everyone fit. I'm guesing you guys will choose "arms", like true freestylers :wink:

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Jun 2011 12:49

dolercoaster wrote: Drew (Krause), I wish I had more space...I've got six people staying in what is essentially a one room apartment (I moved)...so far I've had to turn away Mark Bull (on Saturday, at least...Toolan had a spot reserved from way back but he's not getting in until Saturday) and Jay Boychuk.

I put out a plea to fellow NYFers on our listserve, hopefully somebody will come to the rescue...

If I have to, we'll cram people in, but we may have to start lopping off some body parts to make everyone fit. I'm guesing you guys will choose "arms", like true freestylers :wink:
I'll sleep in a bathtub if it will make room for an extra person. I'm serious. I've done it before. Bathtubs are pretty comfy. I used to study for Biology and Chemistry tests in one. My room mates thought it was weird, but I thought it was peaceful. I dozed off in it once and it was pretty comfy. So yeah, to make space I'll sleep in the bathtub. Actually, any odd spot that someone normally wouldn't want to sleep (ie. Balcony, closet, underneath a bed, etc...), I'll take that spot. I'm pretty flexible, so I can fit into most small spaces. Stuffed myself in a dryer once.. But yeah, anything to make room for more peeps.

In other news, I think that Drew and I might be going up together on Friday, instead of Saturday.

So stoked for this. Just peed a little.
Nick Polini

Funblog

colefieldhouse22
BSOS Beast

Post by colefieldhouse22 » 07 Jun 2011 13:07

I am super sad to say that I won't be able to make it. It blows that I will be in NYC but can't come out. There are no breaks in the Bach party for me to make it out. So I hope y'all have fun and maybe I will be up in NYC later this summer
Adrienne Craver

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Jun 2011 13:10

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: Stuffed myself in a dryer once..
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: Just peed a little.
Win win!

Also, I can't wait for the videos that will come from this tourney.

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 07 Jun 2011 13:29

I am super sad to say that I won't be able to make it.

and I'm super sad too, both that you won't be able to make it and for the fact that the crate of little black bowties and perforated pants that I bought are non-refundable. :oops:

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Jun 2011 14:38

Please post ASAP when we know if there will be extra crash space available, because Drew K is on the line about going now. Thanks NYFers.
Nick Polini

Funblog

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 07 Jun 2011 14:53

we'll DEFINITELY find space for Drew...it's just unlikely that it'll be at my place. I'll have to break the news to my cat...she's a big fan of Krause, maybe becuase it rhymes with "mouse"? Who knows the mysteries of a cat's mind...

But yeah, it's gone be a good time, and he should come. I'll make some calls about the specifics of where he can stay.

(edit)

update: Barrett's got a couple of spaces at his place. Once I get home I'll do some more serious space assessment and figure out the maximum number of folks I can fit. But again, we do have crash space at Drew's and Barrett's at the very least. Everyone should come! Except Vanilla Ice, I think that guy's probably kind of a douche.

Nick, I think I'd feel bad if you slept in the bathtub....considering the kitty litter is in the bathroom...and the proximity of the toilet to the bathtub, and the amount of drinking that we're likely to be doing...sounds like a recipe for disaster :) Then again, it might make for a goood photo op if nothing else. :lol:

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 07 Jun 2011 15:54

Hey Matt, I think I'd be down for rooftop shred on friday. I think the bus I'll be taking gets to port authority at like 1:45
John Goode

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 07 Jun 2011 16:09

Im pretty sure Pete's gonna end up in the bathtub regardless, and after he gets through with it, kitty litter will be the least of your problems....
Doug Tank