East Coast Footbag Championships 2011

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 14 Sep 2011 18:32

Ok. Which hotel should I stay at?
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Sep 2011 10:06

wait a week>fly to new jersey>go to my first comp....

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 16 Sep 2011 15:41

I will 99% be there unless the sun explodes or work pounces on me with some weekend stuff (which is possible, and I need the money).

Either a day trip down, or I could possibly kick in for a room. John Goode, I'm looking at you since you seem to be trying to fill a room.

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 17 Sep 2011 16:16

Word of caution about next weekend ---

There is a big footbag game going on at Rutgers University on Saturday afternoon ---

This will mean plenty of extra traffic --- driving into town will take extra time, and finding parking may be harder too. There should be sufficient parking IN THE PARK where we play, but, your best insurance would be to plan on arriving early.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Sep 2011 18:05

Outsider wrote:Word of caution about next weekend ---

There is a big footbag game going on at Rutgers University on Saturday afternoon ---

[/b]
DUH lol

I'm assuming you meant football though haha Excellent mistake. Madd high fives for that.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 18 Sep 2011 06:34

Oops, yeah, Rutgers footBALL game...

My fingers just auto-pilot to Bag instead of Ball on their own.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 18 Sep 2011 11:32

some old lady asked me if I was playing "football, or something" when she saw me kicking at the park a week ago.. Haha, at least its better than someone calling it kicky-bag or some shit.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 18 Sep 2011 12:01

Hey, so I was wondering how NYFA was planning to get to Jersey? I plan on taking a bus into NYC Friday, getting in around 5 or 6 (I'm flexible, no classes that day), and was hoping to catch a ride with someone, otherwise it looks like I could take the Northeast Corridor train to the Trenton Transit Center.

Also, would anyone be willing to let me crash at their place/in their hotel room Friday night? I'll buy you beer or pitch in for hotel costs, or maybe both if you play your cards right. :wink:
Doug Tank

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 19 Sep 2011 09:51

NYFA will be getting there, that's all I can tell you. If we decide to head out Saturday morning to save money on lodging, you're welcome to crash at the crashtle (did ya see what I did there?) on Friday night

....and that goes for anyone else who's coming through NYC on the way to NJ. Hogan, I'm looking at you. Well, technically I'm looking at a cereal box with your picture on it, but you get the drift :)

Has anyone reserved a room at either of the two hotels listed at .org yet? I guess we'll find a spot to party other than our hotel rooms, so maybe it doesn't matter if most of us are staying at the same place, but ya know, strength in numbers yada yada

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Sep 2011 09:58

dolercoaster wrote: Hogan, I'm looking at you. Well, technically I'm looking at a cereal box with your picture on it, but you get the drift :)
Might that be... THIS box?!?

:lol:

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 19 Sep 2011 11:48

Ok Megan and I are looking to go in on a room with some people. Get at me.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 20 Sep 2011 14:08

I booked a room at Candlewood Suites- 41 Worlds Fair Drive, Somerset, NJ. I think I have a couple of floor spots left. I have myself, John Goode, Jordan A, and Will T, I know other people have expressed interest in space but no one besides these people have spoken to me. People who need a spot that I know of are Mikie, Toolan, Tank, and Josh and Meg (if i have forgotten anyone please let me know). Bruce might also have extra space too.
Drew Martin

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 20 Sep 2011 14:18

I booked a room at Candlewood Suites
for which night(s)?

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 20 Sep 2011 18:15

Yea, I need crash space brahhh, i'm bringin a sleeping bag if I can, so I'll grab floor spot.
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 20 Sep 2011 18:21

Friday and saturday. Josh contacted me first so him and meg have dibs. We'll find space for everyone I'm sure.
Drew Martin

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 20 Sep 2011 18:27

we'll only need saturday night.

high five

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 20 Sep 2011 21:01

Yeah, we booked a room at Candlewood Suites, too. We have Doug (S)Tank in our room, he was the first to ask us aside from direct members of our Penn State crew. But, I talked it over with Nathan and we would be willing to trade for someone cooler :P
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 21 Sep 2011 08:12

Just for that Nick Poopini, I'm going to aim for you all weekend in 4 square. :twisted: I'm not worried about Nathan because he's capable of aiming for himself.

So I take it NYFA's going down Friday if yall got a room (which I'm interested in for Friday night, Drew). Is anyone driving or taking the bus? I dont really know where I'm going after I get to NYC so I was hoping I could just follow one of you guys.
Doug Tank

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 21 Sep 2011 09:23

They're all out of 2 bed rooms at Candlewood, but they do have some available at the other place, so I'm leaning towards the other place...but then again, two single bed rooms at Candlewood is just a little bit more expensive than a 2 bed room at the other place, so....

in my room(s) I think we'll have me, Boats, Tristan, Mikey, and Wayway. Am I missing anybody?

I'm still toying with the idea of coming down on Saturday morning, and everyone crashing at my place on Friday night. It's gonna be more expensive and probably less comfortable to stay at a hotel ...google maps (which is the best, if you recall) tells me that New Brunswick is literally an hour away by car from my place. Given New York traffic on the weekends, maybe that makes it an hour and forty minutes, easily doable on Saturday morning, even factoring in the inevitable imbibation (yeah, I said it...) of tee many martoonis the night before.

I haven't yet heard of a plan to party on Friday in New Jersey. We can just get beers and sit in a hotel room, but again, that seems kinda silly when we could be doing the same thing in a more comfortable setting an hour or so away.

AND I have a kitty :)

RipWalker
BSOS Beast

Post by RipWalker » 21 Sep 2011 11:18

True that, Bruce...

Stoked for this weekend!
Mark Bull