East Coast Footbag Championships 2011

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Sep 2011 12:14

dolercoaster wrote: AND I have a kitty :)
:( I miss you, Mr. Bruce's Kitty.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 21 Sep 2011 12:14

RipWalker wrote: Stoked for this weekend!

+1

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 21 Sep 2011 17:08

I'm still toying with the idea of coming down on Saturday morning, and everyone crashing at my place on Friday night. It's gonna be more expensive and probably less comfortable to stay at a hotel ...google maps (which is the best, if you recall) tells me that New Brunswick is literally an hour away by car from my place. Given New York traffic on the weekends, maybe that makes it an hour and forty minutes, easily doable on Saturday morning, even factoring in the inevitable imbibation (yeah, I said it...) of tee many martoonis the night before.

I haven't yet heard of a plan to party on Friday in New Jersey. We can just get beers and sit in a hotel room, but again, that seems kinda silly when we could be doing the same thing in a more comfortable setting an hour or so away.

AND I have a kitty
Sounds good to me Bruce! Free 6-pack for you.

Is there a certain time I should wait until to get there? Or if I get in early (5ish) would anyone be around and wanna have a little laid back pre-ECC kick? Or just go to a bar or something?
Doug Tank

tristand
Circle Kicker

Post by tristand » 21 Sep 2011 19:22

I'm down for both! Can't wait to get the FUCK off this island for a couple days!! I may get into the city around 6 depending on how I end up getting there, but I'm down for anything.

-JG

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 22 Sep 2011 13:31

So, ECFC is almost here, and, many of you have probably looked at the weather Fourkast with some worry...

Well, worry not! ECFC has a VERY large covered area to play under all weekend.

The net players may not be as comfortable, but shredders will be high and dry (the high part is actually up to you, but there will be picknick tables to stand on top of).

I'll just make one more reminder on this -- the Rutgers University footBALL game is likely to generate alot of extra traffic and fighting over parking spots --- you should plan on arriving as early is possible to avoid that problem. Official freestyle competitions begin at 1:00 pm, but we are doing almost all the player registration on-site, and you'll want time to warm-up...

And, lastly, a bit of advice --- the event site, Buccluech Park in New Brunswick, NJ, at the corners of Easton Avenue & Huntington Street, or the corner of Huntington St. and Wyckoff Street, and College Ave. and George Street (its a big park, ya know, so its in-between a lot a streets, so take your pick...) --- mapquest and other driving-direction assists usually suggest taking I-287 to the RIVER ROAD exit #9... I don't like that route... I think that it is better to take I-287 to the EASTON AVENUE (country rte. 527 S) at exit 10 instead. I prefer that route at any time, but especially this weekend because the park is actually on Easton Ave anyway, not on River Road, and even more-so because the FOOTBALL Stadium IS on River Road, so, River Road is likely to be much more crowded than Easton Ave on Saturday.

That is all. Good luck.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Sep 2011 13:36

Just got news that Jackson Raap and my girlfriend (She's been learning how to freestyle) are trying to drive up together to come to East Coasts.

Nadiah is definitely staying with me in my room :wink: but could anyone squeeze Jackson in with them if my room doesn't have the carrying capacity?

If not, I'll make him sleep in the bathroom :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Sep 2011 14:00

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Nadiah is definitely staying with me in my room :wink:
Just to be safe though, don't introduce her to that smooth-talking Jon "Lothario" Schneider. :wink:

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 22 Sep 2011 17:25

C-Fan wrote:
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Nadiah is definitely staying with me in my room :wink:
Just to be safe though, don't introduce her to that smooth-talking Jon "Lothario" Schneider. :wink:
:lol:

Woo footbag comp!
John Goode

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Sep 2011 18:29

Lol thanks Ken, I'll keep her away from that freaky-legged fiend :P

(Not really, I kinda wanna introduce her to Jon first, because I've already told her how he's my favorite player and how he's the number one influence on my game lol)

Sorry for the embarrassment, Jon, but you are my favorite player :P
Nick Polini

Funblog

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 22 Sep 2011 19:38

Sorry for the embarrassment, Jon, but you are my favorite player
Thanks, Nick, but, this weekend I'm gonna be your least favorite PLAYA... :P

Don't hate the playa...

:roll:
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 23 Sep 2011 11:03

fuckin' AMPED! in approx 3 hours I'll be cruisin down with John Goode and Drew Martin. Stoked to see everyone!

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 23 Sep 2011 11:44

Outsider wrote:I'll just make one more reminder on this -- the Rutgers University footBALL game is likely to generate alot of extra traffic and fighting over parking spots --- you should plan on arriving as early is possible to avoid that problem. Official freestyle competitions begin at 1:00 pm, but we are doing almost all the player registration on-site, and you'll want time to warm-up...

And, lastly, a bit of advice --- the event site, Buccluech Park in New Brunswick, NJ, at the corners of Easton Avenue & Huntington Street, or the corner of Huntington St. and Wyckoff Street, and College Ave. and George Street (its a big park, ya know, so its in-between a lot a streets, so take your pick...) --- mapquest and other driving-direction assists usually suggest taking I-287 to the RIVER ROAD exit #9... I don't like that route... I think that it is better to take I-287 to the EASTON AVENUE (country rte. 527 S) at exit 10 instead. I prefer that route at any time, but especially this weekend because the park is actually on Easton Ave anyway, not on River Road, and even more-so because the FOOTBALL Stadium IS on River Road, so, River Road is likely to be much more crowded than Easton Ave on Saturday.

That is all. Good luck.
In addition to there being a football game, I learned from my friend who goes to Rutgers that tomorrow is also Parents' Day. I'm not sure if that will affect parking at all, but everyone should also be mindful of that as well.
John Goode

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 23 Sep 2011 12:39

Hell yeah...I'm in route...delay in Houston then flying into Newark.... Excited to see everybody....

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 23 Sep 2011 15:39

Is anyone at the candlewood suites hotel yet?

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 23 Sep 2011 16:25

We are checked in, right now getting food at Freddy's across the street

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 25 Sep 2011 18:46

Hell yea. Sick turnout. Met lots of cool people and both days of shred couldn't have gone any better. Props to everyone who put it on and everyone who came. It was a good first tourney for me. Cheers.
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 25 Sep 2011 18:49

Oh yea, I somehow now owe Nick Polini 8 bucks. I'll hook you up next time we play dude.
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Sep 2011 20:00

Results?!?!?!?!

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 25 Sep 2011 20:19

Routines:

1st: Mark Monistere
2nd: John Goode
3rd: Jon Schneider
4th: Nathan Pipenberg
5th: Dan Greer
6th: Drew Martin
7th: Nick Polini

Circle:

1st: Mark Monistiere
2nd: Nathan Pipenberg
3rd: Jon Schneider
4th: Dan Greer

edit: Mark Bull won intermediate routines and Jordan Alejandro won intermediate circle. I don't really remember any of the other orderings for that.
I'll have the routines and stuff posted sometime this week!
Last edited by g00d33 on 25 Sep 2011 21:19, edited 3 times in total.
John Goode

Tripp
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Tripp » 25 Sep 2011 20:20

Mark won everything.
Josh Gayhart ... keeping footbag tuff since 2002.