Dominion Riverrock Richmond, VA

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 09 May 2012 05:18

Okay, it looks like I spoke too soon. Don't think I can make it anymore :( Will still try, though
John Goode

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 10 May 2012 15:29

This is coming up super fast. I need to get all my ducks in a row. I'm not sure what the deal is with all NYFA and what not, things still need to be settled on who is coming and who isn't. Those from beantown who need a ride, need to speak up. I would hate if someone didn't come because they had no means of getting there.
Drew Martin

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 10 May 2012 15:49

Yes indeed.

I've got a room reserved for Friday and Sat...anyone coming in Friday? Let me know if you want in on the room.

Nathan is donating a prize bag!

Ordered shirts today - design is up on first post.

Net site will be confirmed tmrw. I'm thinking it will be at Carillon, it has a sunken mall.

Ryan Thomas

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 10 May 2012 18:21

I'm planning on being there on Friday.

My plan all along has been to roll down to DC on Thursday and crash with Vince, then to get up on Friday and go the remaining distance to Richmond so I can be there kind of early on Friday.

I'll stay anywhere... where do you recommend.
Last edited by Outsider on 10 May 2012 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Outsider

Post by Outsider » 10 May 2012 18:21

Oh, so thats how double-posts happen... I'd always figured thats how people did that, but I don't think I'd ever done this here until now...

NYFA
BAP

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 11 May 2012 08:49

You've never double-posted?

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Outsider

Post by Outsider » 11 May 2012 16:17

Well, I've probably got one or two before, somewhere back in the history. But, lets just say that its been so long I forgot. Keep in mind, for somebody who's been on the forum for 9 years, and never stopped actively reading and posting, I've got a relatively low count of total posts, and since some of my posts get pretty long-winded I've learned to be careful (I always highlight and copy my posts before posting, and usually preview too).

Anyway, this isn't really the right place for this discussion. But, thanks.

NYFA
BAP

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 17 May 2012 00:07

Confirmed going. First tournament since Worlds '07 (wow memory failure, actually forgot about my brief appearance at Worlds '10), someone's gotta represent SOUF. Pretty psyched, can't wait to kick it with everyone!
Ben Barrows

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 18 May 2012 06:22

So unfortunately plans didn't come through and I will not be able to make it. Sorry guys I was really looking forward to this. Hope you guys have an awesome time.
zach jahner

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 20 May 2012 06:10

Can't wait to see some footage guys! Hope yallz is having a blast!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 21 May 2012 07:24

fun jam! It was nice to reconnect with folks, and to meet some new people. Let's all hear it for Ryan Thomas!!!

*applause*

It went by way too quickly...everyone should try and make it out next year if/when it happens again!

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 21 May 2012 07:33

Couldn't make it up this time :( too much going on. Making it to a footbag event is definitely a goal, so will hopefully make it one here soon.
Aric McIntosh

Outsider

Post by Outsider » 22 May 2012 09:56

Ryan,

Thanks for setting up this event! Serious good times!

For all you who missed it -- Dominion River Rock was a really awesome event. The event itself was really cool, a real festival with music, food, runners, kayakers, climbers, and SHREDDERS. The bands we kicked to kicked ass, the weather was great, the host hotel was just four blocks from the event site, and the crowds were genuinely digging on our freestyle. The River Rock event organizers were clearly pretty pleased to have us there, and they'd drive by every now and then in their golf-carts and hook us up with cold sports drinks. The beer flowed freely, but we mostly had to pay for that ourselves. None-the-less, it was nice to have it right there just 30 feet from where we kicked (on a hot sunny day, to finish shredding and get a cold one two minutes later is nice...) Also, the Air Dog pool jumping event was funny, and it was cool that tons of people were bringing their dogs out to have a good time too. It made the whole thing seem just that much friendlier.

The only thing that would make River Rock even better is if we had, like, twice as many kickers there. There were about twelve of us freestyling, in total, and we made a big impact and lots of the locals joined us, to varying degrees (some hackers joined in, to their ability, and alot of kids experienced their very first hack circle :D ) but we could really blow 'em away and kick Richmond's ass if we had 25 or 30 kickers instead.

If we're lucky enough that the River Rock organizers want us back, and if we're lucky enough that Ryan Thomas makes it all happen again next year, then more of you should come -- it was totally worth the trip for me, even though my car was giving me fits all the way there and back.

NYFA
BAP

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 May 2012 10:25

Thanks for the write-up Jon. Sounds like an awesome time! Props to Ryan for making it happen.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 22 May 2012 14:15

This event was killer, everything from the music to the dogs to the slackline, oh and not to mention the SHRED . Give it up for Ryan Thomas everybody! Great times, if it happens again I will for sure be there. :twisted:
Drew Martin