Green Cup 2012: May 26th-28th: Bay Area, Cali

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 29 May 2012 16:28

That was awesome, I had a great time.

Did anyone film circle finals? I'd like to see it. Steve didn't post my routines because I asked that they stay private (thanks again), but I'd be happy to see the rest of the comp footage.
chris dean

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 29 May 2012 16:33

Also, watch the Alex vs Justin sudden death video (they tied in circle semis), it was riveting. Alex has gotten so good! He and Dustin both surprised me with how skilled they have become.
chris dean

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 30 May 2012 08:16

Yeah, this tourney was a blast!!!
Big thanks to Steve for organizing it, and to Dave for helping out.

Thanks a bunch to Jay (and Michelle), Chris, and Justin for making it out :)
Everyone was tearing it up this weekend, fun stuff.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 30 May 2012 15:48

Big thanks to everyone! Chris for being a great driving partner and inspirational shredder. Alex for being a great competitor. Dustin for coming back to footbag in a ferocious way and bring a great crowd to the event. Jay for his insights on various concepts I got to ask him about. Brian for drinking with me all night on Sunday and letting us crash at his place. David especially, for humoring all my questions and really supporting me this weekend. And most of all Steve. You are why I come down. Events like these are so important and getting hard to come by. You are a great host and I really appreciate all the hard work you do for us and the footbag community. This event was great as always and you make it possible and look easy.

The biggest take away from events like these are the bonds your make with people. These smaller tourneys really allow you to get to know your fellow shredders. My favorite memories from this weekend will be all the conversations I had with Brian and David. Thanks Guys!

PS. I'm going to miss that hot tub.
Justin Dale
Videos

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 31 May 2012 08:34

Is it cool if I post some of the circles videos? Wasn't sure if Steve hadn't uploaded them for a reason. Greatest weekend of my life thus far, thank you so much Justin for taking time to walk me through some of the vast knowledge you have on footbag. I love how everyone there could tell me exactly what was going with my freestyle. Thank you Brian for bringing me into this! Meeting Chris Dean, Justin Dale, Jay Boychuk, and David Clavens seemed beyond unreal. If there wouldn't have been so much awesomeness going around, I probably would have passed out from happiness.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 01 Jun 2012 04:05

Derek wrote:Is it cool if I post some of the circles videos?
cd wrote: Did anyone film circle finals? I'd like to see it. .
this :3

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 01 Jun 2012 15:20

Derek, please post circle video!

I think Steve didn't post it because I asked him not to upload my routine, and so he didn't put up any video of me. But I am cool with everything besides my routine being public, and I'd love to see footage of finals!
chris dean

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 01 Jun 2012 15:21

Yeah Derek, I believe you can post the circle comps. Steve's had a week. I think many of us are anxious to see the videos.
Except for my meltdown in Circle Finals. Ugh.
Justin Dale
Videos

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 01 Jun 2012 16:00

I uploaded one of the Finals vids today. I'll do the rest tonight. Sorry I didn't link it here, my username for youtube is FootbagBrah. It should be under 2012 Green Cup- Circles Finals (?).
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 02 Jun 2012 19:01

Justin Dale
Videos

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Jun 2012 09:55

Here is the Density Circles. Thank you Justin for pointing out the other was Variety. Sorry for the missing chunk, damn batteries. Also wasn't sure if I should upload the Circle semi's?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHXjkZYbIY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfFdNUzanr0[/youtube]
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Jun 2012 09:58

My bad for taking longer than I said, hella freakin' grad parties this time of the year.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield