POSSIBLE NEW ORLEANS JAM

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

POSSIBLE NEW ORLEANS JAM

Post by Jazzkid » 28 Mar 2012 08:59

Hello,

I am considering throwing a jam here in New Orleans... Im not even sure when yet, but wanted to get an idea of who would be in to coming. There are a couple of things such as Jazz Fest and Mardi that would be cool to have in around but Mardi gras just passed and Jazz fest might be too soon...

Either way, New Orleans is a super fun place to be any time of the year. Lots of music, some of the best food in the world, and basically hot as hell year round.

I am the only footbagger with hundreds of miles and need some freestylers to come visit, kick and party.

So ...the question is....

WHO WOULD WANT TO GO TO NEW ORLEANS FOR A JAM and when would be cool to do it?
SHRED HARD!

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 28 Mar 2012 09:28

My wife and I will go. New Orleans is her favorite place in the US. Some time around November would be nice.
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Mar 2012 10:56

If you called it "new orleans footbag jambalaya" then I'd likely come. I'd vote for sometime in the fall, since it'd be tough to budget for USO, Worlds, and another jam in the summer.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 28 Mar 2012 11:04

I am interested. :)
Jay Boychuk

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 28 Mar 2012 11:07

I would consider it, depending on how much vacation time I have to spare. Like Ken said, fall is probably the best time. I think I'd vote late September, but anytime up to mid November would work for me.
chris dean

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 02 Apr 2012 11:33

I'm down. Depends on my employment situation at the time, but I really want to check out N'awlins.
Doug Tank

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 03 Apr 2012 12:58

I'd be interested in another trip to New Orleans. I had really good times before staying with Rob Creel

Jazz-Fest in particular was really amazing, and a jam/small competition during Jazz-Fest would be excellent.

Mardi Gras was just a tiny bit too cold for me, and all those parades cutting through town made traveling around the city less convenient, however, Rob and I freestyle-marched down the parade route in-between two parades, and that was real good fun, and I'd love to do that again with, like, 5 or 10 kickers instead of just two (a footbag mini-parade!). Really, I propose a tournament just a day or two AFTER we march-kick-shred down the parade route with banners and flyers --- I imagine that this would bring many more spectators than average out to see a competition (Rob and I get mucho bueno response from many parade spectators when we walked back up the parade route going the other way --- on the way down I had no idea if anybody even noticed us, but on the way back it was obvious we'd made a splash)

Jazz-Fest and Mardi Gras are, of course, a long way off from now. I'd also consider a trip in early autumn, but I'm really not sure --- if there was some sort of special New Orleans event that is worth seeing for it's own sake (like Mardi Gras or Jazz-Fest) that happens in the fall, then I'm a little more interested.

All you shredders should visit New Orleans anyway, just 'cause its an uncommonly cool place, but Jazz-Fest especially was really dope.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 03 Apr 2012 18:49

If it does happen in the fall, I'll keep it in mind and try to come!
John Goode

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 03 Apr 2012 19:04

I would definitely try and make this. The fall would probably best too.
zach jahner