US Open 2013 June 29-30th

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
xsisbest
Shredaholic

Re: US Open 2013 June 29-30th

Post by xsisbest » 11 Mar 2013 19:50

Sweet! Dibs on last place... so anyone that is gonna go and just play and not compete... don't worry.. I got your back.. :P
It's been a long time since I've been to Seattle. The change of pace will be nice! But as usual no matter where it is... It's awesome to play with incredible talent for a change!
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Mar 2013 20:11

Flights bought. I get in on Friday, I leave on Tuesday. Can't wait to see you all in Seattle!

Pirrotta
Shredalicious

Post by Pirrotta » 11 Mar 2013 23:51

Still working out the budget planning for the trip but im hoping to attend, Will be my first tourny. I briefly skimmed the hotel website, 250$ a night for the guest rooms :o is that a normal rate for U.S or is this place high class lol.
Antonio Pirrotta

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 12 Mar 2013 00:50

Pirrotta wrote:Still working out the budget planning for the trip but im hoping to attend, Will be my first tourny. I briefly skimmed the hotel website, 250$ a night for the guest rooms :o is that a normal rate for U.S or is this place high class lol
We would love for you to attend.

So far we've only set things up to hold competition events at the Washington Athletic Club -- we will make sure to choose an affordable host hotel. Justin's been doing a great job thoroughly weighing options thus far.
Last edited by rjadamson on 12 Mar 2013 07:41, edited 1 time in total.

Pirrotta
Shredalicious

Post by Pirrotta » 12 Mar 2013 03:40

Ok cool, Ill keep a lookout for updates and thanks for the response.
Antonio Pirrotta

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 12 Mar 2013 12:16

I am getting a quote for a special event rate at the WAC (Which is fancy), but if it's not competitive I will go with the other host hotels I have been checking out in the area. Hoping to have host hotel posted this week.
Justin Dale
Videos

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 12 Mar 2013 14:14

Once competition is over, if time allows, who would be interested in a basketball game? Or knockout? Or a freethrow contest?

Warinpeaceout
Circle Kicker

Post by Warinpeaceout » 12 Mar 2013 19:21

Justin Blotsky and I plan on driving down from Bellingham to attend this event :)

Kenar
Hack Fiend

Post by Kenar » 12 Mar 2013 21:13

I'll be there in the Intermediate Routine and Intermediate Circle events. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 19 Mar 2013 08:31

Update on Hotel info.
I have checked the hotels I was interested in for the area. They are all around $179 and $189 for double bed rooms. That would mean you guys could bunk up 4 to a room for 50 bucks a night and be comfortable. The best rate was actually from the WAC at $174 which is ridiculous since its the nicest place, and also the venue for the tourney and would allow me to work out something for night shredding and partying since it's all in house and they have so many facilities in the building. I will probably schedule that one but wanted to check with people attending and see if this works out for you guys. I would like to make it official by tomorrow. Please let me know what you think, if the $174 is sufficient or I should keep looking for something cheaper. This is downtown Seattle in June, normally $250 so this is a great rate.
Justin Dale
Videos

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Mar 2013 09:54

What amenities does the WAC hotel have? Is pool use included in the rate? Internet? Breakfast? Should we not worry about breakfast because there's good eats nearby? I looked at a Marriott (renaissance hotel) 4 minutes walk from the WAC, but there was no pool, breakfast, or internet, so I ruled it out. I think I'd be good paying around $200 a night if it means I don't have to worry about transportation or getting to the site. Does the WAC have fridges in their rooms?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Mar 2013 11:30

OK, I took some time to look at their website, and this is what I found:

https://www.wac.net/inn-at-the-wac/amenities

https://www.wac.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... 11-web.pdf

So it looks like no fridge, though there is free wireless. And probably you can use the pool if you stay there. I didn't see anything about breakfast, other than getting room service or eating at their sports bar.

Justin, for the rates you were quoted, do those include tax? The rates on their website say they don't include "tax or gratuity." They also mention a "$20 extra person charge per additional occupant ($15 for members)," though you could probably just be discrete and get around that.

I'm most likely staying at this hotel, unless the tax is insane or something. If there's a special rate for the tournament, or we need to mention something special when making reservations, can you let us know?

Thanks for all your hard work on the tournament.

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 22 Mar 2013 09:01

I like all of this. Great job on the venue, and on-site hotel is a big plus. Guys I'm freaking out a little here. Will probably arrive early and stay late, pretty much until you have to kick me out.
chris dean

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 25 Mar 2013 14:19

Ok, hotel is all set but the rate wont kick in until Wed. so I will make the formal announcement then.
What I got was 3 deluxe 4 person rooms (2 queen size beds) which have a living room, fridge, and 2 sink bathrooms for $194. These are basically suites and usually go for $350 a night. I'm hoping you guys can organize through the thread 4 people to a room (which should have plenty of space). Like in Boise if this doesn't work for you you are welcome to find another hotel like I did for that tournament. There is a phrase to say to get the special rate but I will announce all that on Wed. when it is in the system and ready to go.
Sadly no breakfast but plenty to eat everywhere. Everyone will have access to the pool area, since we are using them as the host hotel. Sadly the hot tub will cost $15 or something, which I find silly, but whatevs. We should probably be discrete about 4 people to a room, not sure if they will add the 20 dollars per person at the $194 rate (I was unclear if that was built in, so let just play it safe). This does not include tax and there is free wifi.
Justin Dale
Videos

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 28 Mar 2013 12:34

Hello,
Every other Wed. for me is the hardest day of my week. I was doing proofing and copy editing all day and my brain was just wiped. So I'm a day late.

The best ways to make reservations for the host hotel are:

· Email innreservations@wac.net

· Call toll free to 800.275.3775

Please have them request the US Footbag Social Pricing rate in order to receive their discounted rate.

The rep also mentioned:
Please explain that they should probably use one card per room and can split the charge upon check out if they are sharing.

Less confusing :)

Lastly, I am more than happy to put a room on my card for people wanting to stay in the host hotel and go through me. Please PM me and get a group of 4 together. Or if I get 4 PM's from people saying they want to stay in this hotel, 2nights-$100 total from each of you, I'll make it happen.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. On to the next item on my list. :wink:
Justin Dale
Videos

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 01 Apr 2013 13:01

I'm still looking into more options for Hotel etc. I'm expanding my search trying to find a more economic option but everything I come across is around $200 for 4 people and these places are just average. I would like to mention one of the more famous hostels in Seattle the Green Tortoise and is located just a few blocks down from the event site: http://www.greentortoise.net/
Any updates I make can also be found in the original post of this thread.
Oh, I should also mention that the rooms at the WAC are not contracted. We are getting the exceptional rate for those rooms but they are not holding them for us. We need to make sure we get them reserved before someone else does. If you are thinking of getting one of those rooms better to act now while they are available.
Justin Dale
Videos

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 03 Apr 2013 21:10

I booked my tickets today. Rain city shred here I come!

Also, anyone looking for roomies?
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 05 Apr 2013 01:56

C-Fan wrote:Once competition is over, if time allows, who would be interested in a basketball game? Or knockout? Or a freethrow contest?
I just saw this. You and Haley should visit Green Lake. It's beautiful, and there's renowned street court always bustling with activity. It's not uncommon for Huskies to play there. Did you ever play NBA Street? It was one of the courts.

I'd be down to play bump on the half court.

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 11 Apr 2013 15:38

Should have an update coming soon, we are overdue. Reilley and I just haven't had a chance to sit in front of the computer together lately to coordinate our updates. Since we are only using half the gym for shred, the other half is open for bball all day. Many a game of knockout will be had.
Justin Dale
Videos

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 14 Apr 2013 22:09

USO or Worlds. I'm so torn. I can make both, but only one is within budget. Ahh. I want to make both but I do not think I can. I will give this some more thought and a final answer in the next week or so.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!