Toronto Regional Informal Circle Kick (T.R.I.C.K) July 12-14

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Camilleon
Fearless

Toronto Regional Informal Circle Kick (T.R.I.C.K) July 12-14

Post by Camilleon » 15 Jun 2013 13:57

The Footbag Association of Toronto are throwing a little footbag jam in Toronto as a warm up to Worlds for those in the area!
Or it may be great for those who can't make it to Montreal.

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/4826301 ... 6/?fref=ts

Just a casual weekend of footbag & chillin! A cheap weekend! Cheap T.R.I.C.K ! ;)

Friday, July 12th - Sunday, July 14th.

We will be playing outdoors (read: free). If it rains, we will play at the beach in one of the shelters intended for bbqs.

After-partying at my place, as well as crashing. I have comfortable sleeping space for about 10 people.
There may also be a few spots with others, we shall see. Please pm me if you need a place to stay.

Hope to see ya then, really lookin forward to it!
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

Johnny
Post Master General

Re: Toronto Regional Informal Circle Kick (T.R.I.C.K) July 1

Post by Johnny » 15 Jun 2013 14:08

Will be there, weather permitting (working on a farm, may be harvesting wheat).

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces!
Johnny Suderman

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 17 Jun 2013 17:40

I'm coming. Gonna work out the details with mah baby's mama, the whole fam is coming haha.
I need a pre-worlds jam to get me warmed up!
James McCullough

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 18 Jun 2013 01:50

Amazing, I'll try to make it to this if I can.

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 18 Jun 2013 06:48

Wouldn't miss it :footbag:

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 19 Jun 2013 01:29

I'll be there.
Jorden Moir

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 25 Jun 2013 17:46

Shit just got real!

:p

And Johnny you best make it out boi!
James McCullough

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 15 Jul 2013 09:04

This event was absolutely incredible!!

Friday

I decided to take the scenic route instead of transit and made the 40 minute trek from Union to the Friday night event site. When I arrived shortly after 7pm I was greeted by Marnie and Ruby on the sidelines watching shred by Jorden, Adam, Camille, Tom and JJ. Lots of shred took place as well as some kicking of the shuttlecock which I somehow managed to break.
Hangouts were at Camille’s house after shred at which point Johnny Suderman arrived. Tom brought cards against humanity which I had never played before. This game is a riot and many laughs were had. Camille’s M Night Shyamalan cards were definitely the best play of the night.

Saturday

Camille, Jorden, Johnny and I made the walk to the event site. A Ti Kwon Do grading was taking place under the shelter which we were hoping to play and as a result the start of our session took place in the hot sun. Adam arrived and despite the heat many good tricks were hit and eventually we were able to take over the somewhat dirty but much cooler shelter. Maciek whom I met for the first time this weekend busted super hard but unfortunately disappeared before I had an opportunity to say goodbye. James from Montreal came out to play and so did Mike Faille. It was really cool to see them both again. Camille's boyfriend Lane appeared at some point but I didn't even recognise him because he had shaved and cut off his dreads. Just when we thought we were done for the day and completely wiped out Tom Mosher arrived and convinced us to keep playing! Tom’s energy must have rubbed off because Johnny and I were able to keep playing and hitting lots of fun strings.

Jorden brought some weird toys that I’ve never seen before and him and Adam also did some juggling tricks.
There was some takraw action as well as kicking of Tom’s now taped up shuttlecock. I kicked it on the roof of the picnic shelter twice! Luckily it rolled off each time. I seem to have very bad luck with that thing.

The event site had a free public pool. It felt super good to go for a swim after a long, dirty session.

After shred and swimming there was sushi with Camille, Johnny, and Jorden. I got to try some new things and Jorden amused himself by playing with his food.
Saturday night Adam had been invited to a live music party on the rooftop of someones apartment. Adam, Camille, Lane and I paid $5 at the door and made our way through somebodies grimy apartment to a rooftop packed with well over 200 people. If you like personal space this was not the place to be. Sadly we missed the live show and there was a DJ playing very loud music. While it was definitely worth the $5 to see a party like this it was rather uncomfortable so after a short time Lane, Camille and I headed over to Tom’s workshop to meet up with him and Johnny. Tom was giving Johnny a lesson on his new sewing machine. Johnny made a very small couch (pouch, actually) which he was not happy with at all and promptly hid. Leaving Tom behind, we headed back to Camille’s place and things are a little fuzzy at this point but Adam met back up with us. We walked Camille’s hilarious dog Auto to the nearby park and hung out until the sun started to come up. Back at Camille’s place Adam got Jorden get up and we chilled and talked even more until we finally decided to get some sleep around 5:30.

Sunday

Jorden had to leave super early and when we finally dragged ourselves out of bed Johnny, Camille and myself went out to get some breakfast. The place we went was pretty cool, every inch of pretty much everything was covered in graffiti/vandalism which made it pretty unique. We enjoyed some good food and conversation and headed back to get ready for some more hack.
Once again the shelter was taken at the event site. We searched around and found a little shaded spot that was sufficient for some shred. James came out again and the four of us shredded for a couple hours. We were all a little off at the start and realised that it was because we didn’t have any beats. Normally Adam supplies the tunes and he wasn’t able to make it out on Sunday. I put some music on my small portable speaker and things picked up a bit. After a while Tom and Marnie came out and James had to get going.

When everybody was completely burned out (except Camille who overcame her hangover and started playing really well near the end) we said our goodbyes to Johnny, Tom and Marnie. Camille and I headed to the pool to cool off. We floated around in the water and talked about various things for well over an hour. It’s really nice to have another woman footbagger around. The guys are awesome but I can relate to Camille in a completely different way and that’s really refreshing.

When we were finished at the pool Camille walked me to the nearby subway and we said our goodbyes. Saying goodbye at this jam was much less bittersweet than for most footbag events since we had the knowledge that we would meet again at worlds in a couple short weeks.

It’s always amazing to see old friends again. This was just a small event but it has probably been one of my favourite footbag jams so far. It was completely laid back and stress free the entire weekend which I really enjoyed. I'm so glad that everyone who came out could make it. I was already really stoked for worlds but this has put me on a whole new level of excitement for footbag. I’m pretty much on a cloud right now that I have no intention of coming down from any time soon.

Love all you guys and can’t wait to see everyone again at WORLDS!!!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Jul 2013 18:08

Great writeup; thanks for that.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 15 Jul 2013 21:42

Wish I could have still been there for this. Sounds like a lovely way to enjoy fooshack.

Thanks Cassy.
Jay Boychuk