NOLA JAM SCHEDULE

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

NOLA JAM SCHEDULE

Post by Jazzkid » 14 Jan 2014 10:52

Official Annoucement
New Orleans first Freestyle Footbag Jam
Dates Thursday April 10th - Monday April 14th

Hey everybody .... For those who don't know me , I'm mark monistere and I am the only freestyler within hundreds of miles
.. I've only been to two comps east coast and us open .....and they were some of the best times with the best people ever.
I am hosting the first footbag jam in New Orleans .. I am planning a fun couple of days of music fest , food, footbag etc and I want you to come ....

Footbag Events
Circle
Sick three
Horse
Paper rock scissors
Texas Holden poker
Wii bowling
Most tips from a crowd wins
Most Consecutive flapper kicks

Winner of circle is crown best player to show up ...wins bottle of crown And trophy
Winner or horse gets a free seafood poboy and beer ...loser gets crowned horse titties and has to take a shot , wear a dress , and flash us when we throw mardi gras beads at him for about an hour and possible be responsible for circle Footage .... But will of course get a free shot
Paper rocks scissors champion gets an additional letter in horse and
Coolest trick or link of the competition gets awarded the appropriate props

- New Orleans events to do
Giant music fest downtown all weekend with local acts
Walking downtown on Decatur
Bourbon during the day and night
Frenchman street ( music clubs ) day and night
Voodoo vampire tour
Uptown and driving around and going out
French quarter flee market
Performing on the street
Paint party available

Food to eat
Raw , fried , and chargrilled oysters
Crawfish
Last edited by Jazzkid on 16 Mar 2014 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
SHRED HARD!

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Re: New Orleans first footbag Jam

Post by DTank126 » 14 Jan 2014 16:19

:D this sounds absolutely phenomenal. Depending on finances I'm going to do everything I can to make it to this. Will there be any available crash space or relatively cheap lodging available?
Doug Tank

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Jan 2014 11:14

Oh man... I bought tickets to this before I found out Doug Tank might be there. I wonder if I can get a refund... :?

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 15 Jan 2014 15:23

Oh me oh my, this sounds so awesome! I really wanna come and I'm gonna do my best to make it happen. I would also like know about the accommodation situation. I have wanted to go to New Orleans for years now and the more I hear about it the more I wanna go.
Drew Martin

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 16 Jan 2014 21:22

I need to figure out the logistics of this ....but I may be able to put both your asses ( Drew and Doug ) on my floor on an airmattress or something .
SHRED HARD!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 17 Jan 2014 00:18

This sounds like it will be awesome! Props for organizing.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 19 Jan 2014 17:40

HOUSING INFO ok guys......im trying to figure out how to help yall with hotel stuff....... here is the deal.....if you stay anywhere downtown near the Canal Street, Poydras street, or anywhere near the french Quarter...you would be in the center of everything and also walking distance from the fest but its also packed and more expensive to stay downtown...... The airport is called Louis Armstrong International MSY .....which is actually in a city named Kenner.....about 20 minutes from downtown.....in between Kenner and New Orleans is METAIRIE (where I live) which is about 8 miles from Downtown.....I called around my house.....and found two cheap places.... about 70-89 per night choice of one bed or two beds....up to FOUR people per room if your splitting cost.... both of these places are less than five min from my house and also about 10 min from downtown...... SUPER 8 right next to dennys 2421 Clearview Pkwy Metairie , La 70001 504 456 9081 does allow pets for a $25 per day extra fee. second place... DAYS HOTEL right next to an IHOP 3400 South Interstate 10 Service Rd W, Metairie , La, 70001 (504) 833 8201. I would check orbis or any other price break site because i saw rooms as low as fifty something...... The La Quinta that is at 301 Camp St New Orleans 70130 504 598-9977 is RIGHT in the middle of downtown and a perfect location to be in the middle of the city, walking distance to the music fest and Bourbon St and everything ....... There are of course more options....but figured I call places near my house which is easy to get to you if I need to pick you up , not too expensive to go downtown in a cab .....and also really easy for you to party at my house and go back to your place....... Last but not least I am opening up my home to house a couple players.....I have limited space though......my kids will be staying at my parents house (two blocks away) so I have a room and a couch and floor space.....I am willing to line up a bunch of you on my floor with sleeping bags and or airmatresses in my house with the only cost being that you have to be chill in the morning and allow my ass to get some sleep ..... ....could probably fit 4-5 players in my house Jonathan Schneider being the first one to book has a room at my parents, Ken Somolinos and his girl are staying at my house......and since there is so much to do i will probably shove players in a van and bring you places. So far JOHN and KEN are the only confirmed, but I am happy to say that Drew Martin, Doug Tank , Scott Davidson, Nick Polini, Kevin Hogan, Ian Brill, and others have expressed interest in coming.......this is looking like its gonna be one hell of a party and a fun time....... Glad to see players interested in coming to my jam ......
SHRED HARD!

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 24 Jan 2014 00:59

Add two more confirmees to the list! My mom and I will be attending and are super stoked for the footbag, music, and food opportunities. We have tentatively booked a room in La Quinta near french quarter, but could exercise our free cancellation and rebook if someone finds a more enticing option. Our flight itinerary is as follows:
Arrive Thursday April 10th @ 5:25pm (American Airlines 1615)
Depart Monday April 14th @ 1:35pm (American Airlines 150)
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 24 Jan 2014 15:51

Toolan and I are planning to drive down. If anyone between Rochester ny and new Orleans would like to join us let us know!
Doug Tank

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 29 Jan 2014 08:15

First , damn I'm glad that Rory and his mom are confirmed ... Second .... Doug , Mike ....sweet!!!!!
SHRED HARD!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Jan 2014 14:36

Yo, I'm in on the NOLA'ness! Nadiah and I are down with the clown til we're dead in the ground ("The clown" being "road trip to Nawlins")
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 30 Jan 2014 07:33

Nice nice nice. Getting excited for this already!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 01 Feb 2014 11:37

looks like i either swing this or psu as their so close together. i'm gonna shoot for this but time will tell.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

etphonehome
Shredalicious

Post by etphonehome » 12 Feb 2014 07:14

I'm in! My flight is booked and I'm super excited for all that is NOLA. HYPEEEEE
Mikie Etlinger

NYFA!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 27 Feb 2014 10:06

Ok. ...schedule will be completed after mardi gras....this is the busiest time of the year for me so next week i will try to secure an indoor location...or we may just fest it....anyway.... chew on this while you wait...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPCHd7oflHw
SHRED HARD!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Mar 2014 11:06

Schedule worked out. I''m likely going to come, perhaps with some more CIC and friends.
Thurs-Mon or Tue.

Looking to get a cool spot, maybe get a dope spot in a super location on airbnb with some fellow kickers. Temporary NOLA shred house.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 08 Mar 2014 12:12

Just bought my ticket. Thursday morning- monday evening

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 12 Mar 2014 08:05

Ok so far this is who I have as attending...I marked you with a ! please post if I have missed you or if there is a ? Next to your name ... Also solidifying crash space so who's still in need here ?
Ken Somolinos And girl !
Rory Dawson and mom !
Jonathan Schneider!
Mikie Etlinger and girl !
Nick Polini and Nadiah !
Tom KO !
Brandon Turner ?
Michael Green and wife ?
James Risden?
James Chance?
Marco Hartig ?
Johnny 'Breakdown' Sarah?
Doug Tank ?

I'm excited about this !
SHRED HARD!

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 12 Mar 2014 16:24

Flights booked! So pumped!

I arrive on Wednesday at 830 pm and leave on Tuesday at 9am. Any chance for some floor space?
Drew Martin

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 13 Mar 2014 00:01

This jam looks so sick! Have fun everybody!