Returning to footbag in Oakland/SF

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Returning to footbag in Oakland/SF

Post by FootbagginBum » 28 Feb 2014 20:51

blessings family! after many years on the sidelines Barely kicking at all, I'm ready to make some magic happen with my feet again! I'm newly relocated to the Bay Area. I'm going to be teaching a freestlye class beginning in April. Although my mind says that the scene in this area collapsed with the retirement of the First family, I'm hopeful that enthusiastic people that helped bring worlds to oakland in 2010 might still be active, and perhaps there is even a thriving community. I will be reaching out to Dave Clavens and Steve Goldberg in the next hours and others they point me too, but wanted to give a shout on here for anyone in the area to shoot me an email at gethappy@happyom.com if you want to connect. Or text 530-588-0581. I will be teaching footbag and yoga in the area until summer at least, and am really potent in both. Also looking for used lavers to share and dusty footbags if anyone isn't using them anymore but happens to catch wind of this message. Big blessings!

Happy Om
(Aka Loren "Bum" Baum... from Las Vegas)
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Asmus
Ass Moose

Re: Returning to footbag in Oakland/SF

Post by Asmus » 01 Mar 2014 08:33

Great news that you are returning Mr. Bum!
One of my greatest footbag memories is still kicking at your place in Vegas many moons ago.

Hope all is well at your end.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 03 Mar 2014 12:59

hey hey!

Stanford crew is still playing :) I am out of town for a bit, til early april. but they play every tuesday at stanford still starting at 3:00.
Hope to play with you soon, I think I remember you from a vegas jam not too long ago.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Mar 2014 22:25

I remember you from NBK. I was really inspired by that one Pixie Torque you hit at the end of your string. Thanks for inspiring me back in the day. Great to hear you're back in action! Hope to hear some future news and maybe see some future footage from you.

Best of luck and positive vibes to you in your new chapter of life.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman