A Special Thank You to Chris Holden

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Splint
Angry Hippy

A Special Thank You to Chris Holden

Post by Splint » 17 Feb 2005 10:25

Back in September Chris asked me if I wanted to help organize CSS6. I told him I'd be happy to; whereupon I proceded to railroad him in many aspects of event organizing.

One of the things tournament directors complain about is that they tend to get little to no help or respect from local players or out of town players during the preparation period of the event. Come event day, that all changes of course and everyone is awesome :D .

Well Chris and I have been working on CSS6 for several months and believe it or not we only live 30 minutes apart and still have not met face to face. :lol: We're hoping to meet some time before the event, but if not we decided that CSS6 is a very opportune time.

Here's where the thankyou comes in. As I said I've plowed through a lot of this event and along the way I forgot something very important. CSS6 would be nothing if not for Chris Holden. He has offered up $1000 of his own money to make sure that many costs for this event are taken care of, including prize money. Chris has put in countless, and mostly thankless, hours of his own time doing anything and everything that I have ever asked him to do (and I'm a nag). He has taken care of all of our multimedia (fliers, shirts, web design) and designed our fundraising shirt just because I mentioned it as a good idea. He has totally kept my head on straight and hasn't asked for one thing in return (well except for a shirt).

So, I really just want to say thankyou to Chris for putting up with me and doing such an awesome job. He's been the best person to organize an event with and I look forward to an excellent CSS6.

Thank you Chris.
Old Skool

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 17 Feb 2005 11:49

And let's give a round of a applause to Brad Kaplan.

Not only did he successfully play the role of bad cop in our good cop/bad cop style of tournament organization, he was my man about town, footsoilder, and link to the outside world. All that, while juggling school, work, wife and child.

Get that beer hand ready, good buddy, cause we is gonna celebrate! :P

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Feb 2005 13:01

Why have you guys never shredded together?!

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 17 Feb 2005 15:10

BainbridgeShred wrote:Why have you guys never shredded together?!
What're you nuts???? And defile my lavers by touching the same bag???

Actually, it hasn't been for lack of want or invitation, I'm just permanently injured so I haven't shredded with anyone in a long time. It's a good time if I can screw around in a "hack" circle for half an hour one day a month.
Old Skool