Gyro Double Legover/Gyro Mixer

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Gyro Double Legover/Gyro Mixer

Post by Senor Grommet » 17 Oct 2004 21:29

Gyro DLO/Gyro Mixer
CLIP > BACKSPIN [BOD] >> SAME IN [DEX] > OP OUT [DEX] > SAME TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/4gyrodlo.wmv

Who can help me to hit this move more consistently?
Please drop some advice on set height, how to spin after/during the set, etc.

Thank you.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

bob
Le Meurtre Faux

Post by bob » 17 Oct 2004 23:42

even though i'm not crazy consistant at it, i'll tell ya how i started hitting it more and more:

first thing is to have a good gyro mirage. as for me, i don't even have a very good dlo, but my gyro mirage is on about everytime.

second thing is the height of the set. i set it a little higher than i would a regular dlo. mine comes up to about the bottom of my rib cage and thats about where i spot it. right beside of my body right by my rib cage.

which brings us to the third point, like every move, you wanna keep the bag close to you. not under you of course, but close to you.

for me it really does feel like a high gyro mirage that i do a quick leg over at the end. comparing it to dlo i'd say that i set it a little higher and maybe dex with my first dexing leg a little higher.

i think it's more in the set. cause like i said, i'm not that good dlo's. actually i probably hit gyro dlo far more than i hit dlo. hope this helps.

bob glasser
Bob Glasser

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 18 Oct 2004 00:47

I on the otherhand would advise to set low :)
If you set spin and bring your dexing knee up while you do that, if you've set it low enough, you should be on one foot with your dexing leg up and the bag just under your knee (other foot stillon the ground). Then it's just a small symple leg-over and you're good!

Check out that warm-up video in the videos from the Finish open. Vasek does one of the easiest looking gyro dlos EVER! It's looks soooo easy you'd think it was a guilt!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

bob
Le Meurtre Faux

Post by bob » 18 Oct 2004 10:48

i'd probably listen to max on this one :wink:

he's good

bob
Bob Glasser

ednie
Shredalicious

Post by ednie » 20 Oct 2004 05:06

max's way is pretty smart
i haven;t heard that one before
gyro dlo can be hit as though its a five and is a good climax move in routines
set torso height keep your set leg inthe air, and do two phat dexes
your ability to hit this trick everytime comes when you can rescue with the dlo even when the set was wayward, which it will be often

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 15 Feb 2007 13:29

WHALE TAIL :!: :D: :P:

Is there time to spot the bag on this one? I've footed this several times BS now. I just feel like I am setting (a little higher than gyro mirage but not too high) then whipping around and doing a DLO and praying the dexes will clear the bag and the legover will hit because there's no time to spot it.

I can hit gyro mirage fairly well. I set pretty low to insure my mirage dex will clear the bag no matter what, turn and dex but usually don't spot the bag until after I've miraged it. Is that wrong? Could that technique be screwing me for gyro DLO?

Help?

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 15 Feb 2007 17:32

Iron Clad Ben wrote:I set pretty low to insure my mirage dex will clear the bag no matter what, turn and dex but usually don't spot the bag until after I've miraged it. Is that wrong? Could that technique be screwing me for gyro DLO?
Ya, for Gyro DLO you want to be able to spot the bag ASAP. Preferably when it is on the way up or at least peaking. Then do your DLO like you would from just a normal clipper. This is the same thing I do for gyro mirage.

I set Gyro DLO the same height I set DLO's from clipper. I would say whatever you are most comfortable with.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 18 Feb 2007 18:48

Another thing I would suggest is to KNOW where you are setting the bag. Yes, you have to spot, but 'seeing' where the bag is going to be, in accordance with your first dxing leg, helps a lot with timing and placement.
After all, gyro DLO is really just a (mostly) down-time dlo, right? Right. Set, spin while first dexing foot is getting in position, then a dlo is all that is left.

Hope that helps.

TJ
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 18 Feb 2007 18:49

Sorry. Double post.

Well, I might as well say to also keep trying the trick, because practice makes perfect. :)
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Feb 2007 12:57

Definitely set this one low.

-set low.
-spin fast
-don't think about the mirage dex
-focus on the legover dex
-try and set slightly behind you

Another thing you may want to try, is whipping your far arm over the bag. This helps you spin fast and stop right before doing anything gyro. Vasek and Takumi do this, go watch their vids and you'll see what I mean. So like a left foot clipper, you'd set, then whip your left arm horizontally (but behind you) and kinda karate chop over the bag. Your legs should be in position for mirage already, and then you can kinda just fall into the legover.

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 20 Feb 2007 00:05

sorta on topic... does anyone know of a working link for that warm up video? ive heard a lot of people talk about but the original post is too old and the links are broken. any new links?

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 27 Feb 2007 13:37

EDIT: For some reasons the direct link won't work.

Go

http://www.zavezniki.com/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=48

Hit 2004, Search for Finish Footbag Open 04 - footage (Warm Up)

This website is an awesome collection of videos, I totally love it.

Gyro DLOs are hit at 7:21. Good luck skooling it! :wink:
Sergey Pikalov

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 05 Mar 2007 14:40

drill gyro mirage until its nothing. Then you can start to drill the legover in there.
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Mar 2007 16:42

Ken's arm trick may be a really good idea, since any time I miss this trick it is because I've hit the bag away with my arm; concentrating on not doing that may help.

It's definately all about a FAST spin and a good DLO, which sounds really obvious, but I kind of feel that gyro DLO and gyro mirage have quite a different feel. (That's not to say that gyro mirage won't help, though -- maybe practicing the pause for gyro mirage will help give you enough time to add a legover intead).

The trick to gyro mirage is stopping in time and not overspinning, or overdexing, whereas the trick for gyro DLO is dexing the heck out of the legover. Gyro DLO is kind of like one huge motion, and gyro mirage requires a break in the momentum after the spin to properly dex the mirage. I feel like I'm saying too little in too many words.

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Mar 2007 10:16

gyro dlo is one of my favorite moves.

The key for me is to set low, spin fast, and as my spin is over, I'm hopping off the support leg to jump into the DLO. At this point my other leg as already started the mirage dex.

If you set the bag correctly, this trick becomes really easy. I still think PDX Dlo is harder then gyro dlo :D
Mathieu Gauthier

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 05 Apr 2007 20:49

Mathieu told me this same tip and I hit the move on the spot. I had already hit it, but not consistently.