sen

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Jan 2005 11:26

I'm still not 100% from being sick so I've been taking it easy when i play. I did however sew a new bag while I was sick and I thought I'd talk about that.
My last and first 32 pannel sucked. It was HUGE! so i found a new pattern and made another one. It's much smaller and better, but I still had some problems. It's not super small but it plays alright. I want to get more fabric and then try to make my own pattern so i can modify it my way.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 19 Jan 2005 07:24

I don't seem to be having any problems hitting moves I could hit before I took my break. . .I'm pretty happy about that, I thought it'd take some time for my to catch up to my game. I guess my string lengths are kinda short, but they never were really long. Last night I hit spinning whirl for the first time ever!

I plan to take things slow and round out my game before I start going hard. I have some flipside issues I'd like to resolve as well as some style stuff to fix up. The next couple weeks are pretty busy for me so I may have to wait till Feb before I can REALLY session hard.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 19 Jan 2005 21:18

glad to here you are back and kicking! the praries need more shredders! props on the spinning whirl man, a sick trick! i'm impressed that you have the self control to work out the kinks in your game, i think after a break i would just want to play abunch, and wouldn't care about those things for a while. cheers.
A.G.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Jan 2005 07:09

Ya, when I first picked up the bag I really just wanted to go for it and hit everything I could and have tons of fun. . .I did that for one session and then looked at my play and realized there were lots af area's that needed attention. I figured now is the perfect time to fix them.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Jan 2005 11:59

I shreded alot at school yesterday, and by the time I went to play at 9:30 I could hardly feel my legs. . .needless to say the session sucked. I ended up doing some homework and then wacthing The Lions Den. When I was done I rewound it in the VCR. This morning I went to eject it and it didn't come out! The VCR ate my tape. I'm really pissed at that stupid machin now. . .grrrr. Only DVD's for me for awhile...
I'm gonna try to skool my flipside tonight. . .alot. Hopefully it works out.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 20 Jan 2005 12:23

Now that you're back in action, you can come to the Edmonton Jam. :)
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Jan 2005 11:46

qphox wrote:Now that you're back in action, you can come to the Edmonton Jam. :)
When is it?? I'd love to come.

Last night I tried to session, but it just wasn't happenning. . .stupid legs felt slow and sluggish. How do I know what a slug feels like??
Moving on. . .today I decided I would hit torque, and I did! It felt awesome, then some guys came up and wanted to play so we played what they call around the world. One person does one then the next two, ect, ect. I beat them all using tiltless strings, it felt really good to actually count the contacts. I think I had to get up to like 15 or something. . .normally I don't know how long my strings are.
It seems like there is some interest in the sport in my school, but noone will put in the time it takes to learn freestyle.

I'm gonna have to take the weekend off since I'm going to S'toon and will be busy the whole weekend. I would love to hook up with Brett and them but I have no time, nor the contact information to call them. I'm also not sure how next week will go for footbag as I have finals all week. I plan on studying alot but I will probably just end up shredding instead. Hopefully I pass all my classes. . .

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 21 Jan 2005 12:37

June 24-26. I'm sure the Saskatoon boys would be glad to pick you up, you're totally on the way. :P
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Jan 2005 12:46

Crap!!
I've got a convention in Saskatoon that weekend! That totally sucks!

sen
Post Master General

LOOOOOOOONG TIME. . .

Post by sen » 06 Mar 2005 18:43

It's been a long time since I posted in here. . .or on the forum. I kinda took another break. . .I'm bad for that lately.

Anyways, I've been playing alright since I started playing again. I hit a few new moves mostly pixie set stuff. I've got some wicked bad splin shints and I almost broke my ankle on Friday. . .stupid spinning whirl. . .
Anyways I'm gonna take some time off. . .but just untill Wednesday, if I make it that long. I'm ichting to start playing again so I may not make it past the night.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 08 Mar 2005 07:44

I didn't make it untill Wednesday. I played last night for about an hour in all. Nothing felt too good but that's because I working on some flipside stuff that I suck at. Mostly my out to in 2-adds, as well as my clipper. The clipper was coming along pretty good, and I can finally set from it with some accuracy. I only landed about one each of flipside fairy and illision. I really need to work on them before I do anything else. I won't have much time to skool today. I'll be playing in the pit at noon so I'll have an audience and need to actually land stuff so they don't think the sport sucks.

I was a dance last weekend and near the end I pulled out my bag and started playing, this guy came up and was really impressed, and started playing with me. It was cool and he had some great skills for a circle kicker. He did a couple spinning dragonfly kicks, and I was like "WHAATT??" and then I did an osis pass to him and he just went crazy cuz he thought that was soo cool. A few days ago I got his e-mail from a friend and sent him a letter talking about footbag, and gave him links to flipsider and .org, he wrote back and said he enjoyed playing with me and that he had been trying osis. . .he didn't actually say osis but I knew what he meant. He lives in Prince Albert, which is quite a ways from where I live, but I should see him at dances and stuff in the future. I hope he sticks with it, that'd be awesome!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 09 Mar 2005 07:51

I played yesterday in the pit* at noon. I didn't hit anything too speacial or new, but I had some decent length strings. Nothing spectatular, nothing absolutley horrible.

*I figured if anyone actually reads this they would have NO CLUE what the pit is. So I'll explain it. The Pit is a location in my school, it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door, and it's also a place where kids like to sit and hang out during breaks and noon hour. It's got a bench all around it and is has an almost padded feel to the carpeting both on the benches and the floor. I really like the feel of it, and there is a three-stair entrance to the pit on either side. . .nice for street, as well as 2 feet benches and 4 feet benches and 5.5 feet planters. All fun to do tricks off of. Sometimes painful, but fun.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 10 Mar 2005 07:44

Last night I played at home a about a half hour. . .I'm SOO out of shape!

Anyways, I filmed my session, and had a couple really nice strings. Can't remember much off the top of my head, but I think I did something like:
whirl>osis>butterfly>butterfly>legover>pixie legover>drop I was pretty proud of that because it wasn't all two add stuff like most of my strings. I also hit ducking mirage a couple times. I footed spinning whirl a bunch. . . I really wanted to hit that on film.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 14 Mar 2005 07:46

I'm taking it easy again. Stupid shin splints, I'm really getting annoyed with them. I played a bit on Saturday at a dance, but was doing mostly easy stuff that didn't hurt at all. Not much foot changing.

sen
Post Master General

Am I a POSER?

Post by sen » 14 Mar 2005 07:48

Last night while I was washing dishes I wondered, Am I the footbag equivelent to a skater poser?

I wear the clothes, I wacth the movies, and I play at a very low skill level. Does that make me a poser? I hope not. I'm not even sure what being a skater poser is, but I think I'm a footbag poser. Meh, whatever, I love the sport and I try to get better so who cares if I'm a poser?

I think about wierd things while doing dishes.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 17 Mar 2005 07:47

So, I'm kinda out of action again. I played last night, or rather tried to, but I have a stupid cold that makes breathing really tough.

NO breathing + Shredding = DEATH. I'm gonna sit it out for while. . .maybe. Maybe I'll just keep playing. Probably just keep playing because when I don't play I watch video's and after watching some videos I end up playing.

THANK YOU to everyone who post video's for me to watch.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Mar 2005 07:41

Ya, I just kept playing instead of taking a break. I had an awesome session last night, it was soo fun. I decided to start a Footbag Journal on my computer at home so I could write stuff while it was still fresh in my memory. I don't have internet at home so I'll just put it on a disk and bring it to school to post. Here's last night's entry:
Thursday March 17, 2005
I had a session tonight. Lasted almost an hour. I decided to try out a new method of sessioning, and after about 15 of playing I'd come to the computer and wacth a video, I figured this would keep me motivated. It did. Nothing was going too great at first. I was working on my flip fairy/illusion. . .not working. Then I suddenly decided to try a PS WHIRL. I almost hit it first try and got it second or third. WOAH! That's my first 5 ever! I was super stoked. I even tried it flip side. And I even came close to hitting it flipside. I've never even hit whirl flipside. Any ways I continued working on my flip fairy and illusion, and they came kinda close, but not good enough to include in runs. Towards the end of the session I tried spinning ducking clipper and hit it second try. After hitting that with relitive ease I thought "Osis." Then I tried it. After missing about 50 times in a row I finnaly hit. That was my second 5 ever, and in the same session!! I decided to end my session at that time, mostly because I couldn't feel my legs and when I did feel them they hurt! OUCH! I thought I'd add what my main problem was with most of my spinning ducking osis attempts: most frequently the bag would land on my shoulder after the dex. Any times I got past that my osis foot was no where near the bag. I footed about 5 out of the 50 or so attempts before finnaly nailing it.
After hitting my first two FIVE ADD moves I've come very grim realization: I am super ONE-SIDED! I can hit two five's on my strong side but struggle with most of the two's on my flip. So, that sucks and I really need to work on that, but sometimes I just have to hit somthing new to get me totally stoked for the sport, otherwise I end up quitting. I have to thank Jorden Moir for my great session tonight. I read in either his blog or his 2nd Hobby thread that he often trys a move at the end of a session and won't quit untill he gets it. I decided to do the same and it had great results. Thanks Jorden.
THINGS TO WORK ON NEXT TIME: flipside twos. use them in runs. often.

sen
Post Master General

oops!

Post by sen » 18 Mar 2005 11:29

So, I just looked it up and it turns out I didn't hit PS WHIRL :cry: . I never did the plant after the clipper delay. What would that be? So I guess my first ever Five add is actually spinning ducking osis. And I only have one in total. Crapitty crap crap! Oh well, soon enough, as in TONIGHT!!! :twisted:

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Mar 2005 07:37

Friday, March 18, 2005
I just had a short 40 minute session. Not much was happening in it. I was thinking I'd work on my flip out dexes and I did manage to hit flip illusion a few times, and then I decided to go for flip alternating osii. The most I had ever done was 2. . . so I try and i get three, well that felt good. I decide to go for five before I let the session end, and during the entire session, right from the end I noticed that my shins were really hurting. By the time I was trying for concec. osii, they REALLY hurt. Anyways I kept going and was getting like one. And they left me with nothing to go on, o way of getting another one, and then it just clicked. I got eight in a row and it felt kinda effortless. That's when I quit. I'm going to shower now.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Mar 2005 07:40

Saturday, March 19

I had a two segmented session tonight. I played for about a half hour, and I hit about 7 mirages in a row, probably a new record, not sure if I ever tried it before. That was really the only highlight of my session tonight. Oh wait, I almost forgot about my DOUBLE PIXIE! unfortunately I can only do Double Around the world ONE side, ONE way. I hate my one-sidedness. I need to do something about that FAST. I guess I did hit a few clean illusions tonight. That's improving.