The Ottawa Footbaggers United (ya we are cool)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
vanderwax
Multidex Master

The Ottawa Footbaggers United (ya we are cool)

Post by vanderwax » 28 Oct 2004 18:40

TOFU SHRED OTTAWA.
members
ryan seath
daniel wax
riaz sidi
mat laroque (is this dude even alive)
cory aka salt

move to ottawa, join our collective.
Last edited by vanderwax on 10 Apr 2006 17:32, edited 17 times in total.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'
'The head of state has called for me, by name, but I don't have time for him.'

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 28 Oct 2004 22:01

Good to see you on the board Dan!!

Did you see your two-clip cameo in that movie I made??
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 28 Oct 2004 23:47

Sweet! You started a blog! Atta boy!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 29 Oct 2004 07:36

Hey Tom! long time no speak. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed that video from the Ottawa shred weekend. Who was that handsome devil that hit pixie rake? He sure looked like he knew what he was doing...
But seriously, nice video. Hopefully mine and Seaths journey to Kingston in 2 weeks will bring some good shredding times, and some more good footage.

Seath (Mr. World Record), I took your advice about making the blog as you can see. Now I can keep better track of my progess and hopefully laugh one day about how crappy I used to be.
---------------

So I had about a 20 minute shred this morning when I woke up and it was going to keep going until I hit this string... Which I, of course, eventually did hit. legover> opp legover> pickup > opp pickup > mirage > opp mirage

Todays Shred tunes: Brother Ali - Shadows of the Sun.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 31 Oct 2004 19:52

Not that productive of a weekend as far as footbag is concerned. However, in between reading a 300 page book for class tomorrow and studying like crazy for a history test, I managed to hit a few strings for the first time:

Mirage > Illusion > Op Mirage > Op Illusion
Osis > Mirage
Legover > ss Butterfly > Pdx Mirage

I've been drilling legovers and pickups like maaaaaad. Hopefully soon I'll be able to string them together with illusions and mirages for some lengthy runs.

Same goes for dimwalk, parkwalk, pdx mirage, pdx illusion, symp mirage and smear... I'm starting to hit these more consistently, but not yet during the course of a run. Something I hope top remedy asap.

This weeks major focus: alternating clippers (goal 12) and alternating butterflies (goal 6)
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 09 Nov 2004 22:21

Ok, although I have not had that much time to shred in the last week due to being insanely busy with school; however, I have managed to get some practice in. I haven't been working the clippers and butterflies as much as I had hoped, instead, I've been trying to work the pickups and legovers... I'm getting pretty confident now with those 2 moves, I feel like I can actually hit them without worrying about dropping everytime!

The mirages, osis' and illusions on both sides are also doing pretty well, and slowly these moves along with the pu's and lo's are starting to be strung together more and more with every shred.

I am so entering the next division III sick 3... I have a couple of ideas I am working on, and I think they will be hit, on digicamera, by the 17th. Tomorrow there will definately be a solo shred session after my history quiz and english presentation, I'm going to try out some new ideas for the sick 3, plus drill, drill, drill, drill, drill and spill...

Ryan and I are heading upto Kingston this weekend for some good shredding and partying times With Tom Mosher. I've only played with Tom once before - good dude. I'm hoping to watch him carefully as to see how shit is done! I also haven't hit the bag with Ryan in a couple weeks and judging from my convos with him in the last few weeks, he has been doing some crazy, major progression. I look forward to the good shred times.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 10 Nov 2004 12:35

word
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 15 Nov 2004 20:37

All work and no play makes Daniel a dull boy.
Last edited by vanderwax on 15 Nov 2004 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 15 Nov 2004 20:37

So this weekend in Kingston was a good time. Friday was some good shredding with Tom, Ryan and Derek. I was hitting my strings pretty well although I cannot remember and real significant runs besides osis>osis and I hit datw a few times (strong side only, DAMN). I must say Tom is a pretty styling footbagger, when he hits 70 butterflys in a row it's almost hypnotic, not to mention his long and creative strings (man, torque and blender are so fancy). Ryan was also hitting some sweet runs, he has a pretty sweet style himself. Drinking at Toms after shredding was also pretty crazy (damn Ryan and his crazy drinking game).

Saturday was a little more uneventful and unfortunate... I was crashing at my friend Sarahs house for the weekend (an old friend from Ottawa) and I get ahold of Tom, we were supposed to meetup at Queens around 4 or so to kick some sack. So I'm driving around Kingston with Sarah all day beforehand as she is working and doing all sorts of deliveries around town, she was pretty busy. So 430 rolls by and we finally get a chance to go back to her house so that I can get my shred gear, it was just going to run in and run out deal. But as I step out of the car she says she will return in 5 minutes because she had to make a delivery. So I'm thinking Fuck, I hope she isn't too long. Of course 630 rolls by(2 hours later) and she finally returns. We then boot it too the Bioscience building so that I can catch up on some shred, but knowing my luck, Tom, Ryan and the gang were nowhere to be seen, and I of course was almost 3 hours late. It turns out that the building was locked and they went to shred elsewhere. Shitty for me that I didn't get any shredding on Saturday because from the sounds of it the session went really well and the film was rolling the whole time. DAMN MY SKETCHY FRIEND! At least I got ahold of Tom a little later and managed to meet up with him and Ryan for some beer and ganja. All in all, despite many sketchy moments over the course of the weekend I still managed to have an awesome time... I'll definately be back in Ktown soon, and I definately wont rely on a sketchy friend for rides or anything else.

So on another topic, I had a pretty good solo shred session tonite in my dusty, underlit, smelly basement (such a shitty atmosphere). I didn't manage to get too much kicking in because oddly my athsma really started bothering me and I started wheezing uncontrollably (bad news). I still made some progress on my clippers, raising my weak side record to 9 and my strong side record to 15. I also raised my lo>opp lo record to 8. I also hit osis>osis>mirage which felt pretty cool. I'm just going to take it easy for the rest of the nite, maybe do some reading... I'm not really feeling too hot right now. My goal for the week is to hit a 20 contact tiltless string, my record current stands at 8. And fuck, I really need to get some lavers that fit properly.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 18 Nov 2004 17:54

So today I raised my tiltless record to 17! I can feel 20 coming... Maybe tomorrow even! I can't remember the moves exactly but I was definately pulling mirage, legover, pickup, atw and illusion all BSOS with a paradox mirage in there somewhere. I do remember dropping on an osis which was kind of disappointing but whatever.

I really need to work on my butterflies. I have been drilling them like a madman, but I still can't get more than 4! WHATS THE DEAL WITH THAT!?!?

So yea, tomorrows goal: 20 tiltless run and 6 alternating butterflies.

Time to go practice essay writing for my Monday exam, YAY!
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

rye
Shredalicious

Post by rye » 18 Nov 2004 17:56

sweet man, do it, 20!!!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 21 Nov 2004 21:17

So it's been pretty much a study time this weekend. I didn't really go out or shred at all. I've just been working towards this exam that I have tomorrow morning.

But I was feeling a little stressed so I decided to shred. At first I was attemptimg my goal of 20 guiltless hits, but it just wasn't happening. I was still in the mood to kick though so I did some consecutives and tried some harder moves that I cannot string together at all. It was cool, I hit smear and dimwalk on both sides and I hit parkwalk strong side, but couldn't do it weak side for some reason. Then I hit flail for the first time (strong side). Man, I had to get some serious air to land that trick! I also came really close to weak side symp mirage, I think I'll land it pretty soon.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 30 Nov 2004 19:05

So there is nothing too much to note as of late.

I still haven't hit the 20 tiltless, but I at least broke my consecutive legover record with 12, which made me happy...

I'm still waiting on my news lavers and a 32 panel bag which should be here for xmas. Until then, Im just going to keep drilling the basics like a madman until I'm a tiltless ninja.

My knees hurt.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 09 Mar 2005 18:12

How's that 20 tiltless coming? :)

"Rigid, the skeleton of habit alone upholds the human frame." --Virginia Woolf (English Modernist writer, 1882-1941)

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 09 Mar 2005 20:26

Wow. Thank you for giving me some motivation to post once more Emily! I don't know if I ever would have written here again although I probably should try to keep this a little more updated.

I stopped trying to hit 20 tiltless because I could just never keep count. However, I am sure that I have hit it at least once before.

Lately I have been trying to practice more often, I just get discouraged very easily when I shred solo. Something to do with trying a move, dropping, picking the bag up, dropping again, just kind of makes me want to do something else. Luckilly I am part of a very elite crew known as the Capital City Footbag Crew! Ryan Seath aka the Leaning towa of Seathza and Matt Laroque aka The Peoples Champion are two great cats to shred with as much as possible... They really have so much game, watching them play ACTUALLY motivates me to learn more moves!

I am going to keep working the tiltless, like I always do... And BSOS as well, which is coming along pretty well. I think I can do pretty much any 2 Add both sides, midstring.

Things I am working on: butterflies: getting these things going takes forever! I would really like to be able to hit countless infinities during a run... pixies: my right pixies are ok actually, I can hit some moves, mostly dimwalk but sometimes pixie ss clipper, parkwalk and smear. but as for my flip pixies, SHEESH! they are next to non existant haha.

I dont want to work on too much at once though, so that's what I am gonna try and master for the time being. There is a pro-Marijuana rally every year on April 20 (420) in Ottawa at Majors Hill Park. There is always a huge turnout every year! For this year, the CCFC is going to come out and do sort of a shred demo, amongst all the copious blazing. This event is going to be my motivation to improve my game... I want to pull together some nice strings for this! If anyone wants to come out for this they should! It will be fun! Also... I quit smoking pot about 2 weeks ago for school and other personal reasons... My next joint is going to be on 420!

Back to the History essay now!!
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 11 Mar 2005 19:29

Fun session tonite! Ryan, Matt and myself hit up Ottawa University for some shred around 5 or so...

I played ok, but first for the first half or so I kept dropping on flipside mirage! Usually i can hit these in my sleep! ARGGG. The good thing about footbag is that the longer I session and work up a sweat the better I play until I reach the point of exhaustion.

I hit some pretty good moves today: ripwalk (first time!), ducking clipper, toe ducking butterfly and footed ducking butterfly!

Ryan hit tapdown midstring tonite! Matt hit his first ever ripwarrior! He probably tried it 25 times in a row before he nailed it! We tried everything to encourage him to hit and finally right before the end up the session he nailed it! He also sealed ducking blur but neither Ryan or I saw it... Too bad :(
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 12 Mar 2005 13:38

vanderwax wrote: Ryan hit tapdown midstring tonite!

it was pdx tap :P
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 12 Mar 2005 13:51

Seath wrote:
vanderwax wrote: Ryan hit tapdown midstring tonite!

it was pdx tap :P
Yea that was what I meant, jerk.
PS. YOU ARE OUT OF THE CCFC.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 12 Mar 2005 14:23

FUCK YOU I QUIT, CCFC has been disbanded
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 14 Mar 2005 15:44

I don't even know why I associate with this piece of shit. What a douche.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!