Injured players roster

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 29 Mar 2005 15:03

Me, my fuckin knee, since like 2 weeks ago.
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

The Actual Sized E
Fearless

Post by The Actual Sized E » 30 Mar 2005 00:32

I've been having alternating bad knees for the last year or so and have pretty much completely stopped playing since maybe a month or 2 after worlds :( . I'm starting to miss footbag now that the weather's getting warmer though, I think I might try playing again soon. I've also had back problems since worlds 2001, but they've been pretty managable over the last couple years so it's not as much of a concern. I hack with some highschool kids for the first time in a long time today, I hope that's a sign of things to come :D .
I hope you all recover easily and quickly.

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 18 Apr 2005 19:32

sprained my ankle today (4/18/2005) :( guess I won't be kicking for at least a couple weeks
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 19 Apr 2005 09:25

I fucked up the toe next to the big toe back in January when I was racing my friend Bonnie from the hot tub. (alcohol was involved :) ) The toe went one way while my body went the other. I could hardly walk for the next week without crying in pain. I've gained just about all of my flexibility back recently, but I've still got some pain in other spots. At least I can do left clipper again.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 19 Apr 2005 09:43

I hurt my ankle on saturday. I'm trying to get my butterflies perfect. Well I landed on the side of my foot, not really the side but it ended up rolling onto the side and I just crumpled into a ball. It's not swollen any more, but it was all saturday and sunday. I've just been taking Motrin and it seems fine. It still hurts when I stretch, but other than that I have no problems practicing lightly.

What did I do? What's it called? Should I do anything (ice, motrin, etc...)?
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder

Lauri
Fearless

Post by Lauri » 19 Apr 2005 10:34

Lasse Salmenhaara/Ankle/since 4 months ago. (He will be alright in a few days/weeks)
Lauri Airinen

ShredOnLawn
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ShredOnLawn » 25 Apr 2005 22:07

LON SMITH

Heeled fro Knee Injury December, January, February, March, April.

Took almost 5 months but I think it's better now.

I'm still not trying superduperfly or mullet though.
(Edit=I tried a Superduperfly in LA, It Hurt, I missed it)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :P 8) :twisted:
Last edited by ShredOnLawn on 02 May 2005 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lon Smith

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 25 Apr 2005 22:35

GREAT TO HEAR! :D
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Zescape
Shredalicious

Post by Zescape » 26 Apr 2005 13:40

Sprained right ankle on 4/20(!). Gonna give it lots of time to heal correctly, because between disc golf and footbag, that ankle is very important to me.
Steve Johnson
http://www.pdga.com

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 29 Apr 2005 05:48

Jaakkola, Lauri - Sprained right ankle (*surprise!!!*) - 4/28/2005 - no time estimate, from a couple of days to a week or more.

I was playing soccer with my little brother and his friends. I stepped on the ball - a small one, not a real game size - and then sprained my ankle first to one way and THEN to the other way. :x It hurts to walk...I guess I have to start learning how to juggle.

EDIT: "learning juggling"... :? Is that even English? Anyways, it's now "learning how to juggle".
EDIT:I'm back! (been for like weeks already but I forgot to post here :wink: )
Last edited by sniikeri on 30 May 2005 08:34, edited 3 times in total.
Lauri Jaakkola

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 29 Apr 2005 19:15

sniikeri wrote:Jaakkola, Lauri It hurts to walk...I guess I have to start learning juggling.
Great attitude :D
Luke Andrews

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 29 Apr 2005 21:32

Thankfully, as of 4/29, I can now (somewhat) shred again after my 2 week sprained ankle. Lots of baths to loosen ligaments, plenty of stretching, fish oil, pineapple and papaya juice (they're mild analgesics :D ), and like 12 hours of sleep per night and I now just have to relearn almost everything on my right clipper. Joys!

And Lauri, if you can't shred a footbag, perhaps you would be interested in learning to shred other things? Shredded lettuce is always a nice treat, and what about a good shredded beef sandwich? Mmmm!
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

sniikeri
Lauri Jii

Post by sniikeri » 02 May 2005 06:08

peanutbuterboy wrote:
sniikeri wrote:Jaakkola, Lauri It hurts to walk...I guess I have to start learning juggling.
Great attitude :D
Well, I started on Friday and now I get about 30 throws with two hands and three bags. My one hand + two bags record is 118. 8) Juggling is also fun.
SandWraith wrote:And Lauri, if you can't shred a footbag, perhaps you would be interested in learning to shred other things? Shredded lettuce is always a nice treat, and what about a good shredded beef sandwich? Mmmm!
:wink: Still, I prefer Nestle's "Shredded Wheat" cereal.

And finally a bit something that stays in the topic: I think I'll be able to play again in 2-3 days (i.e. my parents' opinion; if you ask me I'd be kicking already).
Lauri Jaakkola

ShredOnLawn
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ShredOnLawn » 02 May 2005 23:11

If you're injured, Talk ON MODIEFIED or LEARN TO STITCH.
Lon Smith

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 10 May 2005 00:50

I am back on track- I had my first session after 10 weeks yesterday - bah I hope my skills will come back soon - it is so disappointing not being able to do consecutive butterflies .
Jochen Bauer

Paradox Feet Footbag Club
http://www.paradoxfeet.de

http://www.jochen-bauer.net

shaggster
Orange Julius

Post by shaggster » 18 May 2005 17:51

i have torn cartiladge in my left knee, i'll be out for a few weeks, happened in april
Dick Butkis

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 18 May 2005 17:53

Shin splits count?
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon
TheVindicator AKA THEBESTLOOKINGJEWINTEHWORLD wrote: I love gay guys

More women for the heteros ;-)

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 18 May 2005 18:07

sorry i dont think so, shin splits just need iceing an go away usaly with in a day or 2 of rest. an besides every one on this fourm who has taken footbag titless has experiance shin splits an still do when they shred hard, im sure.

know i do

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 18 May 2005 19:33

Wow that's harsh.
Shins splints affect people differently. I know Derek never experienced shin splints for the first couple years of his game (busting 7 and 8 adds). When he finally did get shin splints they only lasted a few days, yes. When I suffered from shin splints, however, they lasted, like, a month and it hurgt to play all the time. I think if you have to take take off, of more than a week, then you can be added :p Or if you're injured at all and wanted to be added... I'll put you down if you want.

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 18 May 2005 19:35

lol Well i crashed a moto...i dont know for sure if i have shin splits...but it only hurts on my support leg when doing clippers so yea
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon
TheVindicator AKA THEBESTLOOKINGJEWINTEHWORLD wrote: I love gay guys

More women for the heteros ;-)