sen

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 21 Mar 2005 08:24

tony,

back when I used to skate, when I was in my mid-teens, I couldn't do hardly ANYTHING except ollie really high and maybe a 180. but I had no style, and I didn't have that fearlessness that you NEED to be a skateboarder who can do cool stuff. Kids used to call me a poseur, and I hated that. It sucked... I really liked to skateboard, I wanted to be friends with the skateboard, and despite the fact that I wasn't any good at it, I was still trying all the time, and I wanted to be good. To me, a poseur is someone who attaches themselves to the lifestyle elements of an act without really caring about it or putting themselves into it. If you play footbag, and you love it, and you love the players, and you're into watching others do it, you're the farthest thing from a poser.

If your skills are weak, do infinities with no planting, and mirage > ss mirage repeat, ducking clippers, and spinning clippers.

I don't think we even have poseurs in footbag, just different degrees of involvement. Once there's a "lifestyle" to buy into, like Abercrombie, or skateboarding, or whatever, maybe there will be, but as it, we're lucky that it's not cool enough to most people for lame kids to want to spend their money without actually getting into it.

Keep kicking, do drills, work basics. your skills will continue to develop :)
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 22 Mar 2005 07:36

Hey Matt, thanks for you thoughts, I love it when people post in my Blog.

Here's yesterday:

<b><i>Monday, March 21, 2005</i></b>

I had a 45 minute session and the main highlight was my second REAL five add move: Spinning Ducking butterfly. It took a ton of trys, but I finally nailed it. Thru-out the rest of the session I didn't do much of anything. A couple of fairly long strings, nothing spectacular. At noon I played at school and tried to set some personal concecutive records, since that's something I had never done before. i hit 16 mirages, 5 illusions, 6 whirls(ss). That was pretty cool.
I had another short session tonight, only half an hour. I found out that mirage>illusion repeat is a really fun drill. I hit about 5 in a row, maybe more, but I wasn't counting so I'll go with 5. I also made some real good progress with my Flipside out dex's. I was using flip fairy and illusion in runs quite a bit. They're not great, but I can see major improvement with them. I'm really getting anxious for summer to come. I need to break outta my kitchen. . . the only place I have to shred at the moment. It was almost warm enough, and dry enough to start playing outside in places, but then it snowed another couple inches and got cold again! I hate WINTER! meh, that's my rant of the day.

Thom
Shredaholic

Post by Thom » 22 Mar 2005 15:44

Props on shredding so much indoors. I feel your pain and definately couldnt shred as much as you do in my kitchen it would drive me mad!

Summers just round the corner :D

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 23 Mar 2005 07:36

I thought summer was just around the corner, and there was even a few places dry enough to kick in but then snowed again, and hasn't stopped. I swear all the snow was gone and now there is like another FOOT of the stupid stuff. I'm SOO sick of it!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Mar 2005 10:05

I played last night, but only like 20 minutes, then a friend showed up and I stopped, not much happened. Mostly because I was in a really CRAPPY mood, stoopid life, but playing footbag helped my relax alot so that was cool.

I LOVE THIS SPORT! FOOOTBBAG FOOOOR LIFE!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 04 Apr 2005 06:36

<b><u>Thursday, March 24, 2005</b></u>

I had a 45 minute session tonight. The highlight was: Fairy > illusion > butterfly (freeze) > flapper > clipper > whirl > catch. I tried that string at least 40 times, and I was getting super tired, so I said "If I don't get it in the next five tries, I'm quitting. I got it. Thank you Moir! Seriously, Jordan is my motivater right now. Just that one post he made in his blog about at the end of a session trying something until you get it. . . that seems to have stuck with me and I love it. Other highlights of the night were some ok flip fairys, some in runs and some just on their own. I also hit paradox illusion on my flipside, I was happy with that. I tried drifters for a while but they didn't seem to be happening, although my strong and flipside's were pretty much even so that felt awesome!
Note: This and the proceeding week's entries will not be up to date. I'm away from the internet and therefore modified untill school starts again. Sorry to those who anxiously look for new posts in my blog. . .

<i>Coming Soon: Tony's footbag history! Coming to a blog near you!</i>

<b><u>Monday, March 28, 2005</b></u>

I had a 45 minutes session tonight. I worked on my flip out-in dexes (yes again) and I got then coming thruogh quite nicely. I also worked on my flipside butterfly which has been extremely week, I seem to only be able to do them when I'm doing infinities. I also tried to have some nice long strings and that seemed to happen. . .at least long by my books. I think something that really helped was having music. Usually I can't play music because my mom is trying to watch TV, but tonight she wasn't around so I could do what I wanted. I but on some fast beat DnB and it really got me moving.

<b><U>Tuesday, March 29, 2005</b></u>

I didn't play at all tonight due to a really tough day at work. I was caring heavy stuff down stairs all day and my feet hurt alot. I decided to take this oppurtunity to address some problems in my game.
1st: Most of flipside two's. None of them are too great, but I really need to work on my illusion and fairy.
2nd: Flipside clipper. My clipper is really weak on my flipside. Butterfly is really tough to do and setting well enough to duck or dive is almost immposible.
3rd: Flipside SPINNING. I can't spin at all out of my flipside. It just doesn't happen.
4th: Spinning toe moves. I'm not to worried about this yet. I'd like to see the above three issues solved before I worry about this.
5th: MORE SETS! The only set I can perform is Pixie and that isn't too strong, although I can do it on both sides. I can also do stepping, but only on one side. Again with this one I'm not too worried yet as I need to work on other things, but it's always in the back of mind.

As you can see most of the things that bother me are about my flipside. I really need to work on it. HARD. Thanks for reading.

<b><u>Wednesday, March 30, 2005</b></u>

I had a short half hour session tonight, but it seemed quite impressive to me. I started out slow and it felt like my legs might not perform too well. I ingored the pain and step things up a bit. Right away my flip fairy and illusion seemed real good. They didn't bother me to much at all. I had some alright strings with variety in them and then for some reason I decided to try some new two dex tricks. I hit a couple, all pixie set of course:
-Pixie Whirl
-Stepping ss Whirl (hehe, perhaps they were not all pixie set!)
-Pixie Illusion
-Smear (while not a new trick to me I hit it both sides tonight and it seemed quite easy)
That's all I remember for two dex moves. But I also hit Whirl on my flip side!! That felt REAL good. I also came close to FAIRY legover. Only strong side, but it was still nice to see me get close to another new set. Meh, I guess that was all.

<b><u>Thursday, March 31</b></u>

Today was sad. It was my last day of work at Home Hardware. The store closed down and all of us workers were really sad because we'd worked together for a while and now it's all over.
I threw that in because its a great excuse for how crappy my session was. There really is NO highlights at all. The whole thing sucked and my legs were not working at all. The biggest highlight of the day for footbag was the awesome display case I scored. Yesterday I moved this big Timex Watch display down from upstairs. I noticed that a footbag would fit beautifully on the squares that a watch was supposed to stay. Today I brought it home and set it up on my dresser. It's awesome. The only problem is that there is room for 48 bags and I only have 16. . . a small problem I hope to solve soon.
Anyone want to send me bags to fill the case?

<b><U>Saturday, April 2, 2005</b></u>

I had a session of an hour and a half tonight. Sounds like a long session compared to most of mine, but that's only because my step brother and step sister decided they were gonna play tonight so half my time was spent showing them stuff. Some nice I did was Pixie Legover>Pixie Legover, and Spinning Legover. Then I showed them how to do toe stalls and spent the rest of the time coaching them on toe stalls and stretching. They seemed really into the stretching so if they if they get into the sport they shouldn't get injured to much.

sen
Post Master General

MY HISTORY Part ONE

Post by sen » 06 Apr 2005 06:56

<b><u>Part ONE:</u> In the begining</b>

The summer I was in grade four I bought a Hacky Sack at the local drug store. It helped me pass the time the time while I was at my mom's office. She had an office on main street, and I spent most of the summer there. The office was large and I had lots of room to kick, so I did. I did consecutive kicks and my unbeatable record was SEVEN! I was stuck at that number for the longest time, I could get seven almost everytime, but never could I get the eighth. I beilive I used mostly right inside kicks. The summer passed and i continued to kick. Eventually I got past seven and stuck on a new platuae: THIRTEEN.
School started and I kicked every recess. I think some other kids came and joined me but none of then stuck around too long. After a while I could get like 31 consecutive kicks in a row and I had started using both feet alot more and doing some outside and knee kicks. Toe kicks where kind of a mystery to me. I couldn't figure out how to use them or what to use them for, so I just didn't use them at all. I wasn't really motivated to get any better at kicking this little ball around and I just did for something to do. . .small town boredom made me do it. When a kid in my class kicked it on the roof of the high school I didn't really care much. It was gone. I told him had to buy me a new one but I never really expected him to do it, and he didn't ever do it. That was the end of my first exposure.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 07 Apr 2005 06:45

<b><u>Wednesday, April 6, 2005</b></u>

I LOVE summer! Or rather I love spring as summer isn't really here yet. This fart comes from having my first outdoor session of the year. It was super hot today. . .OK it was warm (14 degree's C) so I decided to play outside. I also got my bike out of the shed, it was good day. Ok, ontot he shred:
Biggest accomplishment = Illusion <b>BSOS</b>.
I also hit a small string that I tried a whole bunch of times: Pixie inside > Hop-over > Whirl > Flapper > Clipper > catch. I was proud of that. I don't often plan out what I'm gonna hit so I like to try a string until I get it once in a while.
I'm gonna ramble about playing outside for awhile. . . First of all I love playing outside. I don't seem to remember enjoying outside shred in the past. . . outside was kinda just were you went when there was no room inside or I got kicked out. Now I actually like it. It was sweet because I played down town and people would walk by and then I would try all the harder becaues I knew others would see it. The spot I was playing in was really fun because there was a light so even though it started to get dark I didn't have to quit. It also had a nice ledge to stash my bag and water. The only problem I seen was that my bag got disgustingly dirty. The area hasn't been cleaned since last fall and lots of dirt resided on the cement. In the future I may take a broom to clean off the cement so my bag doesn't get dirty. I think I'll use my promo bag as my exclusive outdoor bag. That's another thing I should mention about my session. It was entirely with my Promo bag, I usually only use that bag to warm up and then switch to a Mr. sandbag because they are easier to stall. I didn't switch tonight because I didn't those bags to get dirty.
I forgot to mention that I played at noon and hit a Cloud kick into a whirl! It was sweet. I think it's cloud. . . whatever Jorden was doing in his 5th video alot.

sen
Post Master General

SWIRL!!! OOO YA!

Post by sen » 08 Apr 2005 06:43

<b><u>Thursday, April 7, 2005</b></u>

I had a One and a half hour session tonight. . . at home, but it was still ok. Near the beginning of the session I tried a reverse swirl and FOOTED it. On the second attempt I got it. I did a few more to see if I could emulate it and I did. That felt sweet. Then I a tried a swirl and the motion just wasn't there. A few more tries however, and it is there. I ended up getting it too. I did some other stuff and then decided that before I quit I'd hit swirl flip side. It took about 99 repeated trys but I finally got it. It felt so good to hit a move both sides for the first time in the same session. BSOS (both sides on SESSION). When I hit it flip side I let out a victory squeal and my mom said she wanted to see it again because she missed it, so I tried again untill I hit a second time. Swirl is a move that I've thought was soo cool for a long time ago, but the movement was always unfamilar.
I owe yet another great session to Jorden Moir. I finally got his video's home today and was able to watch them, most for the first time. INSANE. He's my favorite shredder and my motivation to keep playing solo.

sen
Post Master General

History Part TWO

Post by sen » 08 Apr 2005 06:44

<b><u>Part TWO:</u> The Search for Spock, I mean TRICKS.</b>

The next time I started playing again must of been around grade seven. I got a crocheted hack at Wharehouse One and kicked it around. I found out it was pretty fun. A friend of mine started playing with me, then another. Now we had three people, enough for an actual circle. We had tons of fun. Then Jonny went to Prince Albert and came back with stories about tricks and how that's all they do there for fun. He explained some of their tricks and I started practicing them. It wasn't long before I looked up Hacky Sack on the net. . . I found some sites with a few tricks posted, mostly circle kickers sites and that type of tricks, but they kept us occupied for a long time. Most of these tricks I could do without too much work, except for one: AROUND THE WORLD KICK. There is no way that's humanly possible (or so I thought). I got to the point where I couldn't remember my concecutive record and didn't much like going for as long as I could anyways. I liked these new tricks better. One time Me and my two friends where staying in a hotel in Saskatoon. We decided to hack in the parking lot. A guy came out of the bar and asked if he could play. He did FIVE flying clippers in a row and taught us to hit them straight up in the air. This guy was like a god to us. He was so good. I think we ended up playing for a couple hours, untill his friend came out of the bar and told him to come back in, and at the same time my mom came out of the hotel and told us to head back to our rooms. He had showed us how to do lots of stuff, and was a really friendly guy. That gave us fuel to keep going for a while. We kept playing and eventually my thirst for new tricks drove my to find a new resource. I once again looked to the net, this time finding footbag.org. I watched some video's. . . worlds '02 I believe, and was totally blown away! It was time to learn FREESTYLE. . .

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 11 Apr 2005 06:30

<b><u>Saturday, April 9, 2005</b></u>

I don't think I could play with anything other than a 32 now. Even though the first time I touched a 32 was yesterday when I took my new 32 out of the envolope at my local post office. At first I thought it was WAY to small and was kinda dissapointed. I spent all of last night and this morning massaging it. I finally got to use it this afternoon and was expecting it to be quite rolly and unplayable. It wasn't. The first string I tried with it ended up being really long and actually had a bit of variety in it. During the first session with this bag I hit almost all the moves I could ever hit. Most of them really well. I always hit one new move: Spinning Ducking Whirl! Another five add. I was able to set the bag for the spin much straighter enabling me to land this new move. I can't imangine what the bag will be like when it's really broken in. It's super soft already but I know it can only get better before it dies. Another trick that I haven't hit often, but got today is Pixie Illusion and Pixie Pickup. I've done both of them before, but never with such ease and control.
The unfortunate side to having this sweet new bag is that now I have to shell out more cash for bags than I did before because I can't go back to Mr. Sandbags. I think I'll try to session at least once a week without a 32 so that I don't forget how to play with other things.
It rained today. I'm upset. I had plans of shredding down town tonight, but now everything is wet and muddy. YUCK! I'll try to play inside after supper and update this then.

Back from my after supper session. I was playing really well. Hit smear a few which as been a very tough move for me up untill now. Other than that I had some pretty nice long strings (by MY standards anyways) and I hit another new move: Stepping ss Whirl.
My legs are getting pretty sore. My shin splints are returning, propably due to my recent surface choice. . . Wednesday night I played downtown on CEMENT, Friday I played outside at school on CEMENT and this afternoon I played at my mom's workplace on, you geussed it: a CEMENT floor.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 13 Apr 2005 06:50

<b><u>Monday, April 11, 2005</b></u>

I played downtown for about an hour today downtown. I played in front of the post office and the only problems I had were: a) The ground is cement and b) The manger told me I couldn't play music while they were open for business, but she doesn't care if I "Dick around out here, just as long the music is off while we are open."
I got some nice reastions today from playing outside. One guy stopped and said, "S$!#! That's really good." Then we talked about it for a while. A couple of other guys just stood around and watched for a while, and a couple of my teachers came by and asked why I was playing there. I told them it ws sunny, open and populated and they nodded and went on there way.
My game wasn't to bad, but nothing note-worthy either. I played with my Promo bag again, not quite ready to get the FootFighter dirty yet. I also ordered a Suderbag today. YAY! Can't wait for it to get here. I hope I get a cool color combo, I left it up to him as to what he gives me. I'm sure it will be good.

<b><u>Tuesday, April 12, 2005</b></u>

I only played at noon and at school today. The session was ok though. I decided to work on my spinning toe moves a bit. I hit Spinning Illusion, and then Spinning Mirage. I also hit Spinning Legover, but that wasn't new for me. I made a couple new consec records too. I hit 25 mirages in a row, beating my old record by nine. Then I hit 6 Illusions, beating my old record by only one. The miraging killed my shins and I plan on taking some time off and doing extensive strecthing and working on my shins. I'm also thinking about doing some stitching but I really don't have any good material. I may pump out another couple shirtbags and see what happens. While I'm not playing I still want to stay occupied with footbag so I don't lose my love for it. I'm thinking of doing some heavy mods on my lavers. I want to do the broka mod and the tubing modification. Maybe. . .

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 13 Apr 2005 06:51

Here's an essay I wrote for my Creative Writing class:

Some say it’s just a ball. I say that I couldn‘t live without that ball. Many people say it’s just a bag. Well I love this bag full of plastic and sand. The bag I’m talking about is a footbag. Most of my life revolves around footbag, much like the Earth revolves around the Sun. I’m almost always playing and when I can’t play because I’m in school or at work, I’m dreaming up new tricks to hit and combos to bust or I’m simply doing leg and ankle stretches to make me a better player. When I’m at home and I can’t play footbag I watch video’s of other people playing footbag. I watch them very carefully so that I can emulate their style and learn new tricks or concepts.
It may just be a small two inch wide bag filled with beach and recycled pop bottles, but this thing is good in so many ways. I almost always have a footbag with me. Most of the time I carry three, just so I can have some variety. Speaking of variety that’s something that really bothers me. There are so many footbags on the market today that have poor quality that it makes it hard for a new player to find a suitable bag to use. Hacky Sack# pollutes the market with low quality, mass produced bags that don’t work for freestyle footbag. Just to clarify some facts: Hacky Sack is a brand name of footbag, just like Kleenex is a brand of tissue, but lots of people call any tissue Kleenex. Another bag that crowds the market is the cheap Guatemalan bags; these bags are crochet style and are almost impossible to perform freestyle tricks with#. The reason these bags are so popular is the price. You can get them at most dollar stores for next to nothing. If a new player wants to learn how to play freestyle footbag their only real option is to purchase a bag off the internet.
A great thing about footbag is the awesome feeling that the player gets when they finally hit that trick they’ve been trying for weeks. The feeling is really indescribable. It’s kind of a “high” that only footbag can give. This high is experienced when a player hits a new trick as well as when they receive a new bag. The feeling is really great when there’s a new bag waiting in the mail. The worst is when the bag isn‘t playable right away. Usually a new bag has to get broken in for some time so that it is choice for freestyle. This time can be very annoying if you want to use the bag right away. That’s the reason most serious players have a number of bags broken in at all times so that they never have to wait for a bag to get broken in. One of the other sweet feelings in footbag is receiving a brand new video in the mail or on a download. Being able to watch the action that went down at the events you just couldn’t get to on video a few months after they happen is great. Seeing players that you’ve actually played with on video is really fun. You can be watching a video and then suddenly, “Hey! I know that guy!”
Professional footbaggers are super friendly. Even around players that don’t have very much experience or skill they will still accept you into their circle and teach you new stuff. I heard about a Footbag Jam in Saskatoon a few summers ago and decided to go and check it out. I knew my skill level wasn’t very good, but since I had never heard of the players in Saskatoon I figured they wouldn’t be too good either. I was wrong. They were incredible. They were way beyond my skill level, but they still let me play in their circles and they patiently explained concepts and terms to me. I don’t think I would have stuck with footbag if it hadn’t been for those incredible players. I didn’t realize just how good these players were until this year Brett Campbell took forth place in Thirty-Second Shred at The 25th Annual World Footbag Championships! A few days after World’s ended I was looking for results online and found out that one of the guys I played with had scored 4th place at Worlds. It was at that time that I realized just how great this sport is.
A total new player could play with some of the best in the world and not feel intimidated by there skill. Can you imagine playing shinny with Wayne Gretzky? Can you imagine shooting hoops with Michael Jordan? How about teeing off against Tiger Woods? Sprinting beside (or behind as the case may be) Donavan Bailey? These scenarios sound quite far fetched, but it’s not uncommon for a new footbag player to end up in a circle with big names like Sunil Jani, Chad Devlahovich, or Ellis Piltz. The best part about that is that the new player will be made to feel completely comfortable even though their own skill level is no where near that of theses cutting edge leaders of the sport. Players even have the chance to play alongside the originators of the sport such as Kenny Schultz, Rick Reese or Peter Irish. That would be comparable to playing hockey with the people who created and molded the sport.
This sport is very addictive. You can’t stop playing it once you start. Well that’s not true, you can quite. But it’ll always be a part of your life. You can’t ever truly leave this sport. I’ve tried, but something always draws me back. Sometimes it’s a song that reminds me of a footbag video or an e-mail from someone who plays, maybe it’s just seeing a bag in the corner of my room. The addiction only grows the more you play. Each time you hit that new trick you get a little more addicted, and just can’t put down the bag.
Certain events or feelings can push me away from footbag. In the past I’ve quite because I’m just not progressing at the rate I would like to be. I can’t hit that new trick I want to, or other players who started later than me are way better than me already. Another thing that pushes me away is concern about the amount of time I “waste” on footbag. It sometimes scares me, but then I realize that footbag is my only source of physical activity and that it helps to clam me down and deal with my stress, so I always end up coming back to it. Why? This bag is life!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Apr 2005 06:47

<b><u>Tuesday, April 19, 2005</b></u>

I started playing some net today. Inspired by Unanim works Worlds video and the sweet net footage they got. Me and a friend who kicks with me (he doesn't do freestyle) decided to try some net out. At noon we got a badminton court in the gym and tried it out. It's really fun, but quite challenging. I'm gonna try to set up a net court in my yard so that we can practice there and maybe do that once or twice a week. I think I'm gonna start playing freestyle again tomorrow as my shin splints seem to be ok. I did lots of stretching over the last week and they should be OK for a little while anyways. I guess that's all I have to report on so far.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 12 May 2005 09:16

I'm in a period of LOW MOTIVATION.

I need help to get back into the game. Anyone have any suggestions for a solo player who lost motivation? I just seem to progress much and it starts to almost be a chore to play. I don't know why it gets this way becasue sometimes I love to play and can't stop.

Anyways, if anyone can help motivate me maybe I'll get off my lazy butt and starting shredding again.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 May 2005 11:13

Well, I've gotten off my lazy butt and started skooling again. Thank you guys soo much for the motivation. It's means alot to me that people read my blog and give me encouragment when I ask for it. Jk, I'm not mad, I found motivation in the unique string challenge thread. I'll post a real update after I get my jornal from home on disk, other wise I'll miss a bunch of stuff. I also decided to work on my consecutive trick records so that has helped me lots.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 27 May 2005 06:52

Here's the stuff from the last little while, sorry for not updating this for a while. . .

<b><u>Wednesday, April 27, 2005</b></u>

After not shredding for two weeks. Yes, TWO WEEKS! I was giving my shins a rest. I played yesterday and today for some short sessions at noon. I lost my legs! They were gone. . . everything was sloppy and just not there. Yesterday was REALLY bad, I was dropping pixie's which is my strongest move. Today was a bit better. I started to do have some longer runs and stuff and things seem to be back with some effort. I dunno when I'm gonna have time to play though. My life is really crazy right now. I'm getting stressed out and need to play more, but I don't see how I can. . . I have no time. I'll find some time though, I swear I will.

<b><u>Friday May 13, 2005</b></u>

It's been along time since I played (half a month) but everything seems ok. I played yesterday and today and things are OK. I still have little motivation to play though. . .it just doesn't seem right anymore, I dunno why. I need to start truely enjoying it, I remember when I could hardly go a ful day without playing and now it's like I have to force myself to play. What's up with that? Anyways, not toom any highlights from tonight except this run:
whirl>osis>butterfly>butterfly>legover>pixie legover attept
It doesn't seem like much but I'm working on it.

<b><u>Saturday, May 21, 2005</b></u>

I had a really weird session today. It was kinda off and on all afternoon with TV, shred videos, and music mixed in. Nothing was going really great. . . dropping on things that I should be able to do well so I decided to try some consec records. Here's what I did:
Alternating Clippers: 13
Strong Side Clippers: 15
Flipside Clippers: 10
Alternating Osii: 11
Alternating butterfly: 4
Those were all near the end of the afternoon where my shins were killing me so I'm satisfied with them.
It's been a while since I wrote in here (over a week) so I'll fill in some of the stuff that happened. I've been playing almost everyday after school for an hour. . . thats all I seem to be able to do since I'm outta shape. Not much really good has happened although I am seeing progress in my game. Yesterday I was reading the Unique Strings Competition thread and decided to get in on that action. I hit:
pixie legover>dimwalk>clip set mirage>illusion>legover>pixie>butterfly>whirl>osis
contacts=9 points=23 I think. I'll post that to start with and then try to beat it later. I plan to play after work tonight if i'm not to tired. Will update after that.
It's now afer that (my session after work, that is). I decided to work more on my consec records. Here's the progress:
Alternating Toe Stall-38 (first attempt)
Alternating Pixies-8
Alternating Legover-5
Alternating Fairy-2
Alternating Pick-up-4
Alternating Butterfly-5
Ducking Mirage-2
Alternating Pixie legover-2
Other than that I just had some short runs not worth mentioning and REALLY bad shin splints.

<b><u>Monday, May 23, 2004</b></u>

So I played alot today, although most of my time was spent trying to hit:
Fairy > butterfly > ducking clipper > spinning clipper > clip set mirage > illusion > dimwalk > op butterfly > op clipper > whirl > spinning osis.
I din't get that far. I only got up to the op clipper. Over and over and over again. My shins hurt.

<b><u>Thursday, May 26, 2005</b></u>

I had a short session tonight. Really short. I kept trying to play and then mom would make go do sumthing so I didn't start untill about 9:15 it's now 9:45 and I'm done. Mostly tried to hit that one unique string that's still illuding me. I also got something like 7 osii. That's all.

sen
Post Master General

MY HISTORY PART THREE

Post by sen » 27 May 2005 06:53

<u><b>Part THREE:</u> Footbag?</b>

I began working on the one or two moves on the freestyle moves list on .org immediately. I found I had already done many of them. Toe stall, clipper kick, these were all pretty simple. Then I began checking out what was on the rest of the list. Hmm. . . first 2-add trick was the around the world. CRAP! I had already discovered that this trick was humanly impossible. I started trying it put I never really figured I'd be able to do it, I went on to start doing stuff like spinning flying clipper and dragonfly and flying butterfly kicks. They were fun. Then I started to link them a bit, hey, I can keep this going for a while, SWEET! I started spinning and doing ALOT of flying moves. During this time my two friends continued to play with me, but they didn't try these new tricks. There were happy with the ones they already knew. ATW was still impossible anytime I tried it.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 27 May 2005 07:03

I love reading your blog :D

Just play for yourself and no one else. You dont NEED to progress, just play for fun, and progress will come.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 27 May 2005 08:12

Thanks Henry, that means so much to me!