Southeasterns 2005 (or something like it)

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Southeasterns 2005 (or something like it)

Post by randomcrayon » 02 May 2005 19:23

Hi all of you Southern shredders,

As most of you already know, the original Southeasterns planned for April was canceled. Andrew Coleman and myself, not wanting potential awesomeness to totally sour, have taken the task upon ourselves.

Memorial Day Weekend May 28-29
There will be an informal shred on Friday, and another on Monday, if anybody is willing to stick around.

Since we haven't had nearly enough time as we have had in previous years to prepare, this event will focus more on the jam side of things and less on the competition. However, there will still be a Shred 30 for both Open and Intermediate players. And some sort of Novice kicking competition will be held. There will be some sort of entry fees for these events. Andrew and I will sort out all the details within this next week.

It will most likely be held at the same place as it was last year, which was the spacious church venue in Roswell, Georgia. Andrew is emailing the pastor there to get a formal yes, and it will be known whether that is the definite place within a few days.

This post is mainly to inform the people of the Southeast when this is happening, so they can make the appropriate travel plans.

If you live in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, or anywhere in else the Southeast, it is your obligation to give your best effort to make it here. Help keep Southern footbag alive!

Andrew or myself will be updating this with information as soon as we can.
Ben Barrows

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 02 May 2005 19:42

that is good news. well i'm glad you guys stepped up and decided to save event. it's always good to have an excuse to visit Atlanta. of course i'm dissappointed there's no net, but with such short notice it's understandable. you wouldn't happen to know if there is a park or anything nearby the church would you? maybe we can work something out. i can only hope that we can get the turnout that we had the last time around. well fellas, what do you think?

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 02 May 2005 19:59

Yes, Andrew told me that there would be some sort of area around somewhere that would be suitable for some Footbag Net action.

Elliott, I am glad you can come. Now you must urge everyone else in Tennessee to commit. We must make this at least semi-large. 8O

I am e-mailing Jimmy Ball of Tallahassee, Florida right now...
Ben Barrows

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 03 May 2005 08:11

Hm, graduation on May 27 starting at 7:00, and then a lockin afterwards with way too many cash prizes to miss. Oh well, we might me a little late and I might be a little tired, but we'll be there
Andy Chumbley

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 03 May 2005 16:57

wooooooooooooooooooot cant wait
i <3 you guys your all my heros
cookies? and souf shirts? if anything happens to my ankle before this event i will scream hax on someone. but im gonna come if i have to run there in my lavers.
Dustin Yanofsky

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 05 May 2005 12:50

hello all, okay i'll be headed down to Atlanta on Saturday afternoon to help select a venue for some of the events. anybody want to come with? we're crashing at Bens Saturday night. it will involve some scouting of the areas local parks, but mostly it will be fantastic shredding opportunity. sure you could stay at home and rent National Treasure on DVD, but that would make you an idiot. so don't miss out this weekend kids. be sure to e-mail or PM me.

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 05 May 2005 12:54

ummm this weekend is matts birf day and shit so i dont think me or andy will make it :'( plus i have to actually work to make moneys to come down. but were comin for sure to south easterns
Dustin Yanofsky

username
unorthodox jew

Post by username » 05 May 2005 17:24

yea and im going to peru this summer and need mucho dinero plus ive got my senior prom saturday, sorry, but i'll will most def be at regionals.
I'm with Sergey...fuck adds

If u are flammable and have legs, u are never blocking a fire exit
-Mitch Hedberg, You were one of the best man R.I.P.
Nate Sherman

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 15 May 2005 12:04

Net has been added to the schedule.

Check out the event listing for the rest of the details- http://www.footbag.org/events/show/1115607968

Two weeks away! 8O
Ben Barrows

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 16 May 2005 10:03

hey ben, what are the prizes for freestyle? i know there will be freestyle bags, but who are the stitchers? on saturday, i receieved my order of net bags: legend, juice, & mirage brands. any other ideas for prizes? there's always cash. i would really like to see Dustin play novice net becasue that would be hilarious! what do you say dustin? i may even cover your entry fee.

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 16 May 2005 11:40

me play net, in lavers id lose a leg. ummmm. i dunno everytie i leave a jam i can barely move. but wtf ill try anything once.

does anyone know if brett and chrissy are comin? and brian is right.
we tryd to talk are big brian friedn to comin hes gonna ask of work. just wondering.

gotta love my sentence fragments huh im like a a.d.d. kid yay.
=========> tehehe add. rock on
Dustin Yanofsky

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 16 May 2005 11:53

Umm...I may show up, but I don't think I will play much or compete if I do come. I kinda got uh pregnant, and I'm slapping myself for it. I am pretty angry at myself and someone else even more, but I gotta deal with it. This is one of the many exciting plans I had for the summer that I have to back down on.
Chrissy Fryer

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 17 May 2005 11:17

sorry to hear that chrissy. i wish you all the best and i think everyone else should do the same. however, it would be fantastic if you payed us a visit.

well that is a shame... i was hoping someone better than me might compete in shred 30; it looks like i may have to wait until next year :cry: . let the trash-talking begin.

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 17 May 2005 11:47

I just got e-mail confirmation from two North Carolinians.

Open will have cash prizes.
Intermediate prizes include Mr. Sandmans and some shred vids. (And possibly a hand-stiched 32.)
Novice prizes are Mr. Sandman bags.
Ben Barrows

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 17 May 2005 12:53

now thats what i like to hear and you shoulda definently show chrissy. but if not all the best to ya :)
Dustin Yanofsky

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 17 May 2005 13:43

North Carolinians? Who else plays bag in NC besides Joshua and myself (and a few others I think)? Curious....

Anyways I won't be able to attend; I'll be in New Orleans. Sucks! Bad timing, but oh well. I wish you well and I know it'll be fun. Next year should work out better.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 19 May 2005 22:04

The two fellows from North Carolina that will be attending are John Luke and his friend JoHo. They might bring some more people, but that's not for sure.

I will post the net schedule tomorrow.
Ben Barrows

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 20 May 2005 07:06

How about a confirmed list of attendees with that net schedule? We have myself, Dustin, and Matt Gibbs from Manchester coming, I'm not sure about the Murphreesboro crew.
Andy Chumbley

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 20 May 2005 07:55

from the 'boro' we've got brian, emily, josh, myself, & hopefully ben v. - if he returns from Maine in time. the net competition we'll be small, only 2 or 3 intermediate teams competing. the hype for the surrounding the previous tourney was great, but there are two other net events scheduled on the same weekend as the current SE Regionals. the net turnout will be low yet we will persevere. it's not all bad news, we've found 2 net players in the Atlanta area that i trust will show for the events, our once net coach Leilani Rector & some other fellow i'm haven't met (Neil Green... i think).

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 20 May 2005 11:34

Net schedule has been posted.

Check the event listing.

Post any more questions if you have any.

8)
Ben Barrows