Having to eat all on the plate...

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Nightmare
Multidex Master

Having to eat all on the plate...

Post by Nightmare » 16 May 2005 19:22

Well i just expeirnced the first time of not being hungry and my dad making me eat a lot of food and saying no leaving the dinner table till your done...So of course i ate all the food and am now extremly noziated. Anyone have a outlook on this? Overeating causes obesity is how i see it.
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon
TheVindicator AKA THEBESTLOOKINGJEWINTEHWORLD wrote: I love gay guys

More women for the heteros ;-)

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 16 May 2005 19:31

Yeah... don't put too much food on your plate then. The idea is to not waste food, not to get you nauseated.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 May 2005 19:35

My whole childhood was like that pretty much. I don't think it will give you obesity. Well I guess it depends what the food is. It sucks being forced to eat but you'll get over it.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 16 May 2005 20:02

In general, I don't think that food as a form of punishment is a good idea.

"There was never a genius without a tincture of madness."
-Aristotle

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 17 May 2005 05:43

I didnt take it my dad forces me to put so much on my plate... :?
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon

idain
Hack Fiend

Post by idain » 17 May 2005 11:36

Sounds like he's fattening you up for Thanksgiving...
david wreschnig

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 17 May 2005 13:52

put your food on your plate by yourself !

What do you think about that?
Jochen Bauer

Paradox Feet Footbag Club
http://www.paradoxfeet.de

http://www.jochen-bauer.net

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 17 May 2005 14:05

Jeremy wrote:My whole childhood was like that pretty much. I don't think it will give you obesity. Well I guess it depends what the food is. It sucks being forced to eat but you'll get over it.

I do not think so - if you get treated unfair by your parents ask them why they act like this and make your conclusions.

That's tough but maybe it is good to know that your dad is not loving you before getting in a real bad situation in which your only trust has to be in your dad and then make this expierence on the hard way.

Of course there could be other reasons for his actions but you can ask him ( use a question where Yes/ no as an answer is not possible)

in my opinion it is good to judge his parents as any other person and not to trust in their love blindly.

Getting over it ,is okay but not without your conclusion.

Using food to punish someone is a dangerous thing
Jochen Bauer

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 17 May 2005 14:11

idain wrote:Sounds like he's fattening you up for Thanksgiving...

aha very intelligent comment- I think it is not very funny to make some jokes about a person who is in a real bad situation .

He asked to get some advice or some reports from others not such a comment.

for making jokes this is not the appropriate part of the board I guess
Jochen Bauer

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 17 May 2005 14:21

Guy - the next time u are serving food on your plate - take as much as u think u can eat - if ure dayd says NO TAKE MORE - then say no, because u will make me eat it all - if he still makes u take more then eat what u want and leave the rest - if he tries to make u eat it then throw it at his face - and start screaming incoherently - THROW EVERYTHING AT HIM - if he attacks you - use a weapon - knives and blunt objects - then tell the police exactly what happened and you will be fine - then your dad will be out of the picture

i would like to thank my english teacher and the LA unified suck district for this post

idain
Hack Fiend

Post by idain » 17 May 2005 14:38

DoctorJay wrote:
Idain wrote:Sounds like he's fattening you up for Thanksgiving...

aha very intelligent comment- I think it is not very funny to make some jokes about a person who is in a real bad situation .
Sometimes, taking a step back and laughing is the best way to look at a situation. While having to eat everything on your plate is not fun, it's not necessarily punishment - Cody never said it was, or I think, implied it. To me, it seems more like his dad is treating him as a child, as I think most of us went through the stage of "you're not leaving the table until you clean your plate." I think, perhaps, that some people are taking this situtation out of proportion or reading far more into it than Cody ever meant.

If thoughtful, intelligent advice is required -

Cody: talk to your dad. Ask him why he gives you so much.

If I did offend, then I apologize. However, in my opinion, it is far more constructive to offer humor as a backdrop to discussion than an attack that distracts from the real issue at hand.
david wreschnig

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 17 May 2005 14:43

Actually I do serve my own plate...my dad looks at it and puts whatever else he thinks i need
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 17 May 2005 16:19

get new parents.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 17 May 2005 16:56

Nightmare wrote:Actually I do serve my own plate...my dad looks at it and puts whatever else he thinks i need
Maybe I missed it, but an important piece of information that I didn't see was: What kind of food did he put on your plate? And what kind of food did you serve yourself in the first place?

If you were eating only meat and he put vegetables on your plate and made you eat them, that's one thing. Just making you eat more of the same stuff is another thing.

My father started trying to make rules and be more of an authority figure when I was about 16 years old. He started making weird (sometimes pointless) rules. But I figured out that he thought that I was too independent and he felt the need to be a part of my life, and that is how he expressed it.

Or maybe, are you getting in trouble or mouthing off at other times so he takes it out on you at weird times like this? Or maybe he’s having problems at work/home which he’s venting through situations like these. No matter what the cause, there’s no good excuse if there’s no reason for the specific action.

"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information"
-Calvin and Hobbes

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 17 May 2005 17:07

Personally I think he thinks you need to eat better and he's making sure that happens. Parents usually think they know what's best for their kids and most of the time they're right too.

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 18 May 2005 13:16

If a rule is made, a reason must accompany it. If there is no purpose, the rule should be abolished.

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 18 May 2005 20:33

Well, eating better is one thing, but eating MORE is entirely different. I tend to agree that overeating as a child conditions us to ignore our body's signal of 'enough'. I was amazed to find about a year ago that if I ate about 1/3 as much per meal, I was still quite full. The problem was that I had been so predisposed to the notion of 'eating everything on your plate' that I didn't even consider how full I felt. This led to larger portions and more food crammed down my throat. As others have said, this is likely your father trying to assert himself. If you can justify WHY you shouldn't have to eat that much, he really won't have an argument on which to base himself.
Jeremy wrote:Personally I think he thinks you need to eat better and he's making sure that happens.
I think that Jeremy's thinking that he thinks you need to eat better is totally right. But if you think that you're eating right, and that he's just thinking that you don't think, then Jeremy's thinking would be thought incorrect, and you should try to think of a way to make him think the same way. Think think think mcthink think thinkety think. :)
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Nightmare
Multidex Master

Post by Nightmare » 19 May 2005 05:47

I eat perfectly healthy jsut not that much food...
-Cody Leach
Gilbert, Arizona
Tillamook,Oregon

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 19 May 2005 05:51

DUDE - print this out and give it to your DAD! hell be embarassed - especially after he reads this:

DUDe, some guys dad. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TRYING TO MAKE YOUR SON EAT MORE THAN HE WANTS TO!?!?!? Dont you know you are damaging his brain and the way he is developing?!?! Go ahead and suggest propper healthy eating choices, but allow him to stop eating. If you are concerned about wasting food then just put the uneatin contents of your sons plate into a tupperwear and have him eat it later or YOU EAT IT .

if you keep forcing your son to eat - I will have to kick your ass - don't think I'm some 15 year old punk kid either -

:),
Samurai

delakong
BSOS Beast

Post by delakong » 19 May 2005 05:53

:lol: @ Sam!!! Go Sam!!!
Joshua Annis

"Don't Panic..."
"I woke wanting nothing more than a box of Gushers....
DENIED
I shake my first at the sky."-Matt Cross
"Yeah, seriously! When I got back into my cubicle Jazz started throwing dimes at me. What an asshole."-David Wilder