The Ottawa Footbaggers United (ya we are cool)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 29 Oct 2005 07:44

Sidi||TOFU wrote:That reminds me Dan....we never ended up getting those 'Von Douche' shirts from Big Bud's which ignited the ongoing von douchery....!
That was a real Von Douche thing to do.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 29 Oct 2005 08:42

Accidentally hit butterfly>legover :)
Oh yeah Dan, thanks for hypin' me up to that girl on the bus last night. Quite hilarious. You know how you are able to judge someone within 30 seconds of meeting them.....let's just say I was pretty drunk last night. Either that or she was the sketchiest ever....! Walking her home was so annoying.
Riaz Sidi -- This post was brought to you by the good folks at TOFU: The Ottawa Footbaggers United

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 29 Oct 2005 09:59

my act of von douchery was only a 1/2 act douche because Riaz and I BOTH could have picked them up and thus, we are equalz. Not to mention Riaz was still driving at this point so Im gonna go one step further saying it was Riaz 52% von douchei and I, 48%. However, there still lies the possibility of them being there since big buds had like 24618746218 of them, remember? Besides they dont seem like the type of place taht gets new inventory because they are most likely some form of front for a heroin operation.

Riaz that girl was sketchy, but oh man did I ever hype you. That shit was classic. She probably felt threatened since she didnt really know you. But really, you shouldnt have walked her home... eff that shit.

No more news to report cept that Riaz and I are going to try and enter those novice compz. Im working on a cool sick three that would me ecstatic if sealed. So far ive hit the first 2 components cleanly in a row a few times and I have footed the third though I have sealed 'that move' while not trying to the sick 3. Riaz, we have some digicam filmage to do.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'
'The head of state has called for me, by name, but I don't have time for him.'

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 17 Dec 2005 13:20

Hit some new barefoot stuff. I know its not the same as with lavers but still closer than before:
DLO
Pixie Legover (pretty consistently)
Smear (couple times)
Riaz Sidi -- This post was brought to you by the good folks at TOFU: The Ottawa Footbaggers United

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 09 Apr 2006 20:33

TOFU has finished hibernating for the winter!!! We had our first session yesterday at the War Memorial in downtown Ottawa. The temperature was around 5c but with a strong sun and some warming up we played and had a blast. New addition Cory busted 10+ toe stalls right off the bat once putting on his lavers, although I think Ryan mentioned he was hack pro. Hope we can do it again soon :) And vanderwax: u were missed! Damn essays and such haha! Hopefully this can resurrect what had become a blog which I had to search for on the fourth page tsk tsk TOFU hahah!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 10 Apr 2006 11:14

That was fun to play outside again, a little nippy, but definitely not a Spritz Nipper. We should play this saturday either the same spot, or in the east end spot.

I wonder if Cory aka Salt will find this.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 10 Apr 2006 12:22

Oh, I found it.

Okay, so Riaz showed me. I had a ton of fun on saturday, and I'm proud to say that the lavers are modded and ready for some sandbag action sometime this week, whenever they show up.

I'll start using this footblog as a way to record some of my progress, and I've already started a records list, so I'll keep that updated and work to better myself.

Wish I was here for the next two weekends, but once may hits and you're back in town we've gotta shred as much as possible.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 10 Apr 2006 17:29

dudes im sorry i missed it. maybe i should just drop outta school or something. as if this was on the 4th blog page! sooo many blogs these days i noticed!

cory, im glad to see we have another addition to TOFU! you will quickly realize the overall amazingness that is our partying and shred. a balance between the 2 if you will.

shred saturday sounds like a definite plan. since i guess cory isnt gonna be around do you dudes think we should just kick in orleans? taking the bus sucks. i say 2pm, queenswood ridge park or st matts.

we should teach jordyn toe stalls so she can learn and become the best tofu member by the time shes 5.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 10 Apr 2006 19:26

I vote for St. Matt's on account of my brown self being lazy. Come one, come all, I shall provide munchies and water galore.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 10 Apr 2006 20:50

Sweet, Saturday it is, don't forget your TOFU power rings so we can combine and become MANGAFU.

We need big speakers and music.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 11 Apr 2006 16:21

st matts - 2pm it is. saturday

we will use riaz's cell phone for the music since brown ppl are all over the newest and coolest technology. lets just hope hes got something good on there for shred!

we should all get von douche shirts. road trip to big buds anyone?
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 11 Apr 2006 19:27

i wanna come up to canada again :(
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 12 Apr 2006 12:00

Do it man, I can't make too many events outside of what we have in Ottawa, so you should totally come up.

I actually landed a few more clippers today, I'm pretty pleased about that. Not to mention my first mirage, too.

Still waiting for Sandbags, it should theoretically be tomorrow, and if it isn't I'll be pissed (not at the company, just at the way it worked out) because I'm leaving right after school for New Liskeard, 6 1/2 hours north of here. I was (and still hopefully am) planning to drill CONSTANTLY over the long weekend, whether it's with sandbags or my crappy crocheted bag.

Only time will tell.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 12 Apr 2006 15:52

Cory PROPS on the mirage dude!! 8O Oh that glorious first mirage :) 8)

Josiah, try to come down (come up rather) to Ottawa, whenever you can! You know where to stay! If you can't come before Canada Day than i'll probably see you at the TOFU Jam :) When are you getting frickin MSN already!? haha

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 12 Apr 2006 16:07

i got MSN awhile ago! ill ask seath man for yours
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 17 Apr 2006 16:01

Me and Dan met up to shred on Saturday! Unfortunately he fell in my kitchen while barefooting before we went out hurting his ankle. :( Dan shook it off and we still went out for a bit. It was a good time but it started raining and the whether has been shitty everytime we want to shred!!! I can hit butterflies better yay.

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 24 Apr 2006 18:01

So I hit some new stuff recently, notable a pixie and an osis.

more to come.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 07 May 2006 14:57

I figured out the trick to legovers the other day!

I had hit a few here and there, and then suddenly I realized what was happening. I kept overshooting and going past the bag on the catch, so I just waited until it just starts on downtime before starting the dex, rather than dexing immediately.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 23 May 2006 15:29

Well, shit.

For all this time (month and a half?) that I've been seriously playing footbag, I thought I understood clippers - to an extent. Well, today I figured out what was wrong in a bout of inspiration. I had really bad posture and was bending my legs too much - this caused the bag to fly up to the opposite side, rather than going straight up. I realized that if I stood up more with the clipper, I didn't have to bend my feet as much and the bag would go straight up.

The whole reason my flipside clipper didn't work before this was because I couldn't bend it as uneedingly flat as my strong side! Now I can hit flipside clippers more often!

Now I can stop doing just sloppy clippers, legovers and ATW when I play. I figure I'm going to check out butterfly first, and move to shit like pixie > clipper, mirage and illusion.

I'm out, back to playing.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 25 May 2006 18:47

Hit a butterfly completely by chance, I was gonna do a super jester, and ended up deciding to clipper after dexing. The new clipper method is definetly helping me out, I'm glad I figured it out.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle