Jamieson Hickingbotham

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
james_dean
space cowboy

Jamieson Hickingbotham

Post by james_dean » 24 Jan 2006 07:19

Hello all.

I'm 18 years old and have been playing footbag on and off for two years... seriously for a year. I am unfortunately a lone shredder at the moment.

we just had Aus Champs, had the best week and played/performed a lot better than I expected... got 3rd in sick 3 :D Wish now I had prepared better (i.e. actually having a routine, as opposed to playing to music for 2 minutes :oops: )

It's really motivated me though, and brought into the light what I've been successfully ignoring the last few months, my pitiful string length. So I sat down the other day and wrote out some goals for in a month and two months time:

Feb 19th:
Tiltless - 40 contacts

Op Butterfly > Pdx Mirage rpt - 16 contacts
Osis > Guay > Guay rpt - 24 contacts
Toe Drifter > Drifter > Pickup - 12 contacts
Whirl > Pdx Whirl - 8 contacts
Illusion > Pickup - 20 contacts
Gyro Clipper - 10 consecutive
Ducking Clipper - 10 consecutive
Osis - 30 Consecutive

March 19th:
Tiltless - 60 contacts
Op Butterfly > Pdx Mirage rpt - 24 contacts
Osis > Guay > Guay rpt - 36 contacts
Toe Drifter > Drifter > Pickup rpt - 18 contacts
Whirl > Pdx Whirl rpt - 12 contacts
Illusion > Pickup - 30 contacts
Gyro Clipper - 20 consecutive
Ducking Clipper - 20 consecutive
Osis - 50 Consecutive

Goals completed in blue.

Drill: Illusion, Mirage, Pickup, Legover, Clipper, Butterfly, Osis, Whirl, Drifter, Ducking, Spinning, Stepping, Pixie, Fairy, Atomic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 19th - 90 minutes

Illusion > Pickup - 16 contacts
Butterfly > Pdx mirage - 12 contacts
Tiltless - 29 contacts :D
Osis- 18 consecutive
Ripwalk - 5 consecutive

Drilled: Clipper, Butterfly, Mirage, Pickup, Illusion, Legover, Ducking, Spinning, Stepping, Osis

Also:
Ducking Clipper b2b
Gyro Clipper b2b
Spinning Clipper 2 consecutive strongside
Sidewalk > Sidewalk BSOS
Osis > Ripwalk BSOS

Wow! Look how my tiltless goes when I pay attention to it... 1 off my goal already! Really close to pdx mirage and illusion goals too. Really happy with Butter > Pdx Mirage today. Might have to re-evaluate my goals very soon... :P
Last edited by james_dean on 30 Apr 2006 02:19, edited 7 times in total.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 24 Jan 2006 07:29

Jan 24th - 150 minutes

My body hurts... :D

Focussed on Tiltless a lot tonight. Got very sore and slopy and frustrated towards the end of the session... I was consistently getting 20-26 contacts, and my best was 28. Still happy with that.

Broke my Butter > Pdx mirage goal :D 18 contacts, booya.

Also, in a freak incident, smashed my Osis goal. I was hitting 10-14 contacts, then out of the blue, 39. 8O Suits me! Check that one off... note to self: must re-evaluate goals.

Hit 5 consecutive Ripwalks again :D Although didn't drill stepping that much. Also hit *drumroll* Diving Pdx Drifter!!

Drilled: Mirage, Legover, Illusion, Pickup, Clipper, Butterfly, Osis, Pdx Mirage.

Nothing like ending a session like that with a hot shower, massive bowl of spaghetti and the sounds of The Streets. Yeah. This is life 8)

Bloggy

Challenge

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 24 Jan 2006 12:51

Awesome jamie has a blog.

Keep on drilling dude.

it is how you succeed at footbag.

props on your new records.

I definately think those goals are realistic for you

good luck

peace.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 24 Jan 2006 13:43

Hey Jamieson! ;) I'm glad you have a blog, keep it up. It's nice to see the type of stuff you are hitting.

Emily
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 24 Jan 2006 18:30

I was really impressed by your game at nationals. You've improved so quickly.
I'd like to see you choreograph a routine. (Maybe for Jeremy's comp in Hobart)
I also think you should work on your posture especially when stepping, try and straighten up your back a little so your not quite so hunched over, i think you'll find that it will push your ripwalk record up over 5.
Good Luck.
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 24 Jan 2006 18:35

Thanks Dyalan :D yeah I'm really really disappointed I didn't choreograph... I hope I can get to the Hobart comp, that would be sweet. The posture feels really weird when I try to straighten up... I'm working on clippers/butterflies with the posture first, then I'll go to stepping :P Thanks for the advice.

Bloggy

Challenge

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 24 Jan 2006 20:13

Nice work Jamie! Will look forward to see your improvement next time we shred...hopefully soon cos u'll be living here :wink:
Alex Urano

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 24 Jan 2006 22:41

Hey bro! Good to see you blogging! Yeah I noticed the hunching thing too! You will probably know what we mean when ya see some footage of yourself. Technically your game is advancing jolly quickly!

Props on those osis! Damn everyone can osis except me! ;)

Jas
Shredaholic

Post by Jas » 24 Jan 2006 22:46

yeh its good that u have a blog now 'Hunchback of Notredame'. :P
Your one of the people that inspires me to try and keep up with all of you's, even though i wont, but still, its a very got motivational thing for me.
Keep up the good shit 'u stupid white boy' . 8) lol

Jas
Jason Po

Canthraxsoldier
Multidex Master

Post by Canthraxsoldier » 25 Jan 2006 00:44

I can osis well on one side....
Daniel Boyle
Footblog- http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=8613

LJ- http://www.livejournal.com/users/danbok/
myspace- http://myspace.com/danfromcanbra

President- UCU Footbag Club, Canberra
ACT Rep- Australian National Footbag Council

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 25 Jan 2006 01:21

lets all ride the osis wave 8)
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 25 Jan 2006 04:20

Hey, shut the hell up you yellow bastard! ;) Why don't you go lose an eyebrow... oh wait... hang on... damnit...

*ahem* but seriously, thanks for the compliment :oops:

Bloggy

Challenge

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 25 Jan 2006 04:41

:roll:
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 27 Jan 2006 22:16

Shred with Uranos today. Sooo humid... started off really crap, but once we got going it was alright. More of a drilling sesh than anything else.

Length: 2 hours

Drilled: Drifters, Whirls, Butterfly, Pdx Mirage.

11 consec drifters :D
Butterfly > Pdx mirage - 36 contacts :twisted:
Pdx Whirl b2b

Worked on toe drifters and toe whirls a lot, didn't count any but saw improvement.

About 10/15 contacts of legover, then pickup, then clipper, then mirage, then illusion, etc. Probably got to about 40 or so contacts but again wasn't counting. This might be a good way to build up endurance...

It was freakin' humid today. Never sweated so much from footbag... soaked from head to toe. Bag was soaked too. And then I had a 50 minute train ride before I could shower... no good...

Going clubbing tonight with the hottie I scored at aus champs. I pwn all you n00bs. lol rofl lol n00bs lol.

Bloggy

Challenge

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 27 Jan 2006 23:35

james_dean wrote:11 consec drifters :D
Butterfly > Pdx mirage - 36 contacts :twisted:
Pdx Whirl b2b
NICE NICE NICE NICE! Damn dude i'm so jeleous of ur drifters and whirls, i'm gonna school mine super hard, and you beat my 33 contacts of butterfly > pdx mirage, i'll have to school that more too ;)

U rock dude!

Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 28 Jan 2006 21:46

It's Jamie at Alex's.

Clubbing was shit last night. The people I was with couldn't decide where to go and all the places they did go sucked ass. Oh well. I had fun anyway.

Screwed the timetable up today, so couldn't get home in time for church, which is bad, because I had responsibilities :( I managed to find someone to fill in though, so that's cool :D So went round to alex's and had a sesh.

Length: 40 mins (I piked outearly, got really stuffed really quickly which sucked... Alex went on a bit longer)

Drilled: Drifters (toe and clipper), Whirls (toe, clipper and pdx)

Got 28 contacts of Butterfly > Pdx Mirage... REALLY happy with the consistency there :) Tried drilling tiltless/osis but I was dropping everything so no go there.

9 consec drifters
Whirls looking heaps better
Toe drifters looking good
Whirl War 1 without too much trouble :D
3 consec pdx whirls... I think... last one might have been footed, I can't remember :(

Really hot and humid again but oh well... it was a good sesh just not long enough :(
Alex Urano

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 30 Jan 2006 04:11

Jan 30th

Length: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total hours footbag since champs: 8 hours 10 minutes

Drilled: Illusion, Pickup, Legover, Mirage, Clipper, Butterfly, Pdx Mirage, Osis, Drifter (toe, clipper, pdx)

Started flipside pdx drifter tonight, had never really done many before. Drilled pdx drifter both sides... had already been drilling toe and clipper drifters... and decided to go for the big one. Drifter > Pdx Drifter rpt. Tried so hard, footed it sooo many times and finally... finally... yes. I hit it

Drifter > Pdx Drifter rpt

F*ck yeah!! Also consistently 6-8 consec Drifters and Toe Drifter > Op Toe rpt got about... hmm... 20 contacts consistently. Lazy drill, I know... really should step up to Inside set Drifter > Drifter > ss Guay rpt. Yeah. Next session.

In other news my legovers have gone to crap. The last week they've just sucked and I have no idea why :( For the first time my pickups are better than my legovers. *sigh*

Illusions were GREAT tonight, big improvement. Got maybe between 6 and 10 consec each side, but wasn't counting. Illusion > Pickup rpt - 8 contacts.

I'm trying to correct my posture, I really am... but it makes all my clipper tricks so much harder :( I got 28 contacts of Butterfly > Pdx Mirage again... posture was better but not best. So I'm happy with that. Also figured out I was hardly twisting my hips on flipside Pdx Mirage... no wonder they were so freakin' hard. Problem solvered yay :D

Also Clipper > ss Legover. Can't remember how many contacts but it was lame due to cruddy legovers ><

Aaaaanyway... I really should go to bed because it's past 11 and I start work at 6 in the morning :cry: damn you cruel world.

Bloggy

Challenge

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 30 Jan 2006 04:27

I got 28 contacts of Butterfly > Pdx Mirage
Props Jamie thats great, looks like your schooling those tricks hard, mega solid consistancy

Good to see you've started a blog 8) :D

Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 30 Jan 2006 13:16

Yo jamie it is awesome you are playing so much footbag, you are so gonna shred me to pieces next time we play.

Try skooling your atw out each side to correct your legovers

When i went to my first footbag bonanza, BCS 2004 my posture was terrible,ask anyone, i looked like i was doing the funky chicken. I think my posture is much better now, so as long as you stay mindful of it and skool it a little bit and as you improve, it will improve.

Your drifters are impressive.

peace
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 30 Jan 2006 15:44

WOAH!!! Drifter > pdx drifter rpt??? Crap man that is a hard drill! Props :D

Also props on working on the tiltless stuff! It takes a lot of effort to do that :).

Hagesy is right, his posture did look pretty bad in some videos i've seen, but he looks uber sexy now :) just takes time.

Keep it up bro!