bloughchi anyone ?

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.

Do you practice Bloughchi Style

Yes, Lets Dance!
No votes
No, I am the leg blender of doom
No votes
No, I am the leg blender of doom
No votes

Total votes: 0

ShredPirate
Punkass

Post by ShredPirate » 08 Jun 2003 23:03

to put the word chi at the end of your lastname is kinda ridiculous.

im gonna take... football, for instance, and limit the game to only passing back and forth with no goals on either side. there is no way to win or get ahead. im gonna call it kyzokuchi. now i will get football.com and tell people that football is too 'limiting', and that competition is unhealthy.

just because it was done with hacky sack, doesn't make it any less ridiculous than what i just said above.

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 08 Jun 2003 23:13

I see...

*eyes opened*
8O :idea:
Adam Dexter

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 08 Jun 2003 23:48

man, I love bloughchi. I especially love not doing freestlye. Also, Lon totally does not flow

:roll:
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

ether1_1
Circle Kicker

hippie losers

Post by ether1_1 » 09 Jun 2003 12:59

I carry my Hack everywhere(owned it for 8 years), I wear my hacking shoes all the time and wear shorts almost always(or have some in my bag).I am a footbag player!

Your narrow view on what is or isn't part of our sport is disappointing. A good example of how many styles of freestyle can be sports, is to look at martial arts. Where there is often competitors who fight in matches and then others who perform the stances/styles/dance associated with their art. Look up "Wushu" on kazaa and witness it yourself.

Obviously anyone who thinks competition is unhealthy is "out of their mind" and just another hippie throwback. I might even be a hippie, i smoke ganga, dislike violence, love my friends and family.....better watch out for me and my kind we are destroying society.

But if you ain't a winner(I'm guessing u haven't won any major comps) then you are a LOSER!! Bloughchi doesn't have any losers cause everyone wins, they get a strenghtened body and mind(like freestyle).

Style : I think we can all agree that every has a different style and preferences. I prefer bloughchi and have my own unique style. i am learning the shredding side on freestyle and have allot of respect for it and its practitioners.

The~Grim
Shredalicious

Post by The~Grim » 09 Jun 2003 13:04

I carry my Hack everywhere(owned it for 8 years), I wear my hacking shoes all the time and wear shorts almost always(or have some in my bag).I am a footbag player!
Geeze what hack do you use? I've had mine for 2 weeks and i already see a hole sprouting.

Could you tell me the name and brand?

I sure as hell want a hackey sack that lasts 8 years! :P

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 09 Jun 2003 13:08

Maybe the soft kicking and the "fluid movements" of Bloughchi endow the footbag with super abilities such as long life. I gotta get me one of those bags damnit. :twisted:
Johnny Suderman

The~Grim
Shredalicious

Post by The~Grim » 09 Jun 2003 13:09

Lol seriously! 8 years is sooo long for something to last.

Most cars dont even last that long!!! lol think about it

ether1_1
Circle Kicker

footbag

Post by ether1_1 » 09 Jun 2003 13:37

I have a crochet seapa Hackey Sack done in cool rasta colors. I got it in highschool and played circle with my friends really casually. I only started useing it hardcore for the last 6 months(hour or two a day). I have soft shoes and play on grass. It is getting frayed but i look after it. I am ordering some cool hacks from america soon, even a sand filled one!

My car is almost 20 years old: 1984 Toyota FXGT(i look after it too).

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 09 Jun 2003 13:41

This guys knows how to take care of hit shit obviously. You said ". I am ordering some cool hacks from america..." Where do you live anyway?
Johnny Suderman

ether1_1
Circle Kicker

Post by ether1_1 » 09 Jun 2003 14:03

I live in New Zealand a beautiful country a few hours flight from Australia. I reside in Napier which is great town re-created in the art deco style after being destroyed in an earthquake. We have awesome weather and live next to the sea and only 1 hours drive from ski mountains. Our town is also filled with skimpily clad young women!!!!!(who like gettting drunk. lol)

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 09 Jun 2003 14:10

Sounds sick... I gotta come visit sometime. When was the quake?
Johnny Suderman

The~Grim
Shredalicious

Post by The~Grim » 09 Jun 2003 14:21

Geeze, 20 years for a car is soo long!

and 8 years for a sack is loong too!

But i guess if you take care of things you can keep them in good shape for a long time :D

What hacks are ya buying from america?

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 09 Jun 2003 14:52

There are a few from New Zealand on this forum....

Well, you accomplished one goal: I now respect YOU as a footbagger. But, bloughchi still sounds crappy. Perhaps some video...or some ragging on footbag.com to say that it is more than what it appears from the site. Keep going.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 09 Jun 2003 14:57

Yea, 2 Props for bringing some bloughchi to the forum, even though I'm not a fan of it. Prove bloughchi worthy with some footage.
Johnny Suderman

King of the Sac
Circle Kicker

Post by King of the Sac » 09 Jun 2003 15:26

why is it called bloughchi? is that some chinese thing?

Matt
Post Master General

Post by Matt » 09 Jun 2003 15:45

how about 5 years for a guitar pick? i had a pick longer than my guitar
Like every man of sense and good feeling, I abominate work
-Aldous Huxley

ShredPirate
Punkass

Post by ShredPirate » 09 Jun 2003 16:18

the only vid i ever found was the min or so one with steve doing a double spinning kick in the middle somewhere.

but most of the people on this forum can do that with their eyes closed. has bloughchi evolved at all?

Yandeesh
Hack Fiend

Post by Yandeesh » 10 Jun 2003 13:34

Im lazyand dont feel like searching for this, WTF is bloughchi

Chris Holden
Dolla Llama

Post by Chris Holden » 10 Jun 2003 14:10

<harsh>

Bloughchi = freestyle footbag if it had stopped evolving in the year 1981 (aka hackysack).

</harsh>

HackMaverick
Multidex Master

Post by HackMaverick » 10 Jun 2003 19:18

Maverick basically said exactly what I would. Where did you get the idea that freestyle footbag is all about adds? Its about style.. Maybe thats why you don't like it, you hardly know what you're talking about.
but most of the people on this forum can do that with their eyes closed. has bloughchi evolved at all?
Ummm....Some of our questions have gone unanswered and Im still a little curious how you would respond to them. So go ahead....And you also had to of realised that this forum is based around freestyle. And so you have said some negative things about it...you really can't expect that to go to well.