OUCH, My Head!!!

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.

EVER KICKED AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER???

YES!
48%
NO!
52%

Total votes: 27

Atom
Multidex Master

OUCH, My Head!!!

Post by Atom » 09 Jun 2003 21:40

OK.need to know for fact....how many of you can "HONESTLY" say you have never kicked an innocent bystander?

BYSTANDER= someone who is doing their own thing and not in your way.....with the exception of people who have no respect for footbag/hacky-sac and intentionally get too close to a cirlce. like attempting to walk through, not giving an ample amount of space. or thiefs/pirates...the ones putting themselves in your way to steal your spot light.

I have never kicked an innocent bystander...even during extreme recovery manuevers.(nearly round-housed a chic in the head as she was crossing the hall behind me while I was trying to recover...TWICE!)
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 10 Jun 2003 07:36

W'sup,

I 've never kicked an innocent bystander. I have, though, kicked a drunk on purpose... he was violating my space. :twisted:

During a filming of freestyle for Nike, I saw Scott Davidson accidentally Mobius the crap out of his little son, Alex. The little guy still hasn't learned to keep his distance from shredders. :(

Laterz,
Zeke
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

madshred2003
Fearless

Post by madshred2003 » 10 Jun 2003 09:52

i once punched this kid in the face while i was hitting whirl. it was really funny too because i kept telling him to back up because i'd hit him if i didn't have enough room. i hate when people get all up in your shit when you're trying to shred. but nevertheless, it was hillarious! :lol:
i scream you scream we all scream for... footbag?

-Charles Ford. holdin it down in the ATX

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 10 Jun 2003 10:02

In those cases, people were being stupid, no offense to scott's son of course. If they get in the way of furiously flying feet, they should expect to get hit!
John D

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 10 Jun 2003 11:53

Stay clear of the blades.
Johnny Suderman

Yandeesh
Hack Fiend

Post by Yandeesh » 10 Jun 2003 13:28

Never kicked a bystander but have kneed myself in the face a few times trying to do ducking DLOs . anyone else have this happen or am i just a dumbass?

Jared
Shredaholic

Yes

Post by Jared » 10 Jun 2003 13:56

So we're doing some innocent downtown Peterborough, Ont. shredding. We found a nice protected little alcove and were innocently trying smaller tricks. Suddenly things get a bit intense, as we go for our bigger moves. I hit a nice clean PDX mirage then a smear, so he goes fot the ducking clipper.

BAM, nails some woman walking by on the street. She folds over at the waist, and her glasses, that got a good smack, go sailing off, smashig against the concrete with massive force. C'est la vie. I gave him props, once the woman had left.

I also gave myself a fat-lip learning DLOs. My friend was bleeding all over after he tried a ducking mirage.

Peace.

Paul Toews
Shredalicious

Post by Paul Toews » 11 Jun 2003 20:36

Johnny wrote:Stay clear of the blades.
INDEED

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 11 Jun 2003 20:48

i dont think i have ever kicked someone playing footbag but i also break dance and i have kicked many a people busting windmills, and at a highschool dance i kicked the holy shit out of a chick doin a flare -that bitch walked right into the circle like their wasnt like 50 people crowded around and a big space in the middle obviously for breakin - anyway - she fell down and started crying and everyone laughed but i felt bad. people should watch where they walk is the way i see it :evil:
---Curtis Taylor

ryeguy42
Shredalicious

Post by ryeguy42 » 12 Jun 2003 05:55

well ive never kicked an innocent bystander but i was shreddin with a friend and i started a pdx mirage and right as i my leg over the bag i kicked him square in the balls hahahahahaha he was mighty pissed :lol:

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 12 Jun 2003 06:50

I have kicked three people....but of course they were not innocent. One guy just stuck his leg out and got it in the calf, another guy came runnin up to the circle to speak to someone...who it was we don't know. But I went for a huge recovery and he caught my foot just before it hit him in the groin. like why do such dumb things like run up to a circle. I found out later that the guy played hac TOO!! And the other was some chic who was walking around the circle continuously, and caught my spinnin kick in the neck...but once i saw her I tried to hold back on the power in the kick....so to her I was being an asshole...in fact I was being a saint(she wasn't out cold after i kicked her) 8)
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 12 Jun 2003 13:00

I have to say good job on that... At OBC, people just came walking into the kicking and shreding circles (whoa... never shred in that form... cool!). Damned near started kicking them... Next year I'm just going to game on and hurt people.
John D

kevin
Shredaholic

Post by kevin » 12 Jun 2003 18:32

I've never kicked an innocent bystander, but once i was in a parking lot hacking and while i was attempting mirage, i kicked a white car and left a big red mark on it.

MJK
BSOS Beast

Post by MJK » 12 Jun 2003 19:36

I once sym. Whirled a guy right in his hip....he wasn't too happy, and it was in class, where I wasn't supposed to be footbagging anyway. Oops!