Cunt

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
Splint
Angry Hippy

Cunt

Post by Splint » 16 Jun 2006 09:19

What is so bad about the word Cunt? Why do women find it so ridiculoulsy offensive above and beyond almost any other word?
Old Skool

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 16 Jun 2006 09:30

i like that word. CUNT rocks!

women get overly offended at any remark... :roll:

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 16 Jun 2006 10:24

No, Brad's right though, and I think I've commented on this before here too. If you ever really want to piss a girl off, you just call her a cunt.

I think part of it is because it is a curse word that isn't over used. Like you call a girl a bitch or a slut or whatever and it's lost its value through repetition. But if you play the cunt card, you'se searching for a slapping.

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 16 Jun 2006 10:35

Because they are girls :P

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 16 Jun 2006 11:19

I may be wrong here but I think its because a lot of woman think their own vaginas are gross. The word cunt brings to mind is a negative and harsh word for something they already think is disgusting. Calling them a cunt is therefore pretty offensive. And as it has been said the term has yet to be over used.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Jun 2006 11:31

Scrotums get pretty nasty, i dont imagine anyone calling me a scrotum, but i wouldnt be offended.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

hackeysnacker

Post by hackeysnacker » 16 Jun 2006 13:00

Scrotums get pretty nasty, i dont imagine anyone calling me a scrotum, but i wouldnt be offended.
once you grow more you're bound to get called a scrotum plenty. :lol:

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 16 Jun 2006 13:30

I may be wrong here but I think its because a lot of woman think their own vaginas are gross. The word cunt brings to mind is a negative and harsh word for something they already think is disgusting. Calling them a cunt is therefore pretty offensive. And as it has been said the term has yet to be over used.
Interesting, but I don't agree.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 16 Jun 2006 13:38

I think these "why do people get offended about X" topics are funny. Bitching about certain people taking offense to these things is not going to change whether or not they get offended by it.

If you want to offend people go ahead and say it. If you don't want to offend them, don't say it. Pointing out how they are "stupid" or "wrong" etc. for getting offended certainly isn't going to change their mind, just piss them off more.

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 16 Jun 2006 13:40

this reminds me of the "beloved aunt" episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
just watch a view episodes of Deadwood and you will be desensitised to the word.
Reginald VelJohnson

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 16 Jun 2006 14:21

Two HBO series references?

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 16 Jun 2006 15:02

Because you are taking a body part which is exclusive to their gender and using it in a derogatory sense-when women are sexually degraded on a common basis already.

True-men have to put up with stereotypes and shit-but women do moreso and on a more regular basis.

Also, lots of society places degradation/guilt on a woman's sexual pleasure-and using 'cunt' further degrades female sexuality.

Moreover, the word cunt is deriven from the french word which in American culture carries a negative stigma-however in french is very positive and beautiful-much like the english word vulva

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 16 Jun 2006 15:44

Also, lots of society places degradation/guilt on a woman's sexual pleasure-and using 'cunt' further degrades female sexuality.
As well as we should.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 16 Jun 2006 22:16

Yeah I agree with Vin. Also I always have the policy that if a word offends people I won't use it unless it's the only word I can find for that situation - there are plenty of words you can use to express something being negative so I don't understand why people use words that particular people have clearly said offends them. Actually I do understand - it's because the people using the words are selfish and think that if a word doesn't offend them personally then it's ok to use it - also they don't have much respect for the people they are offending. There are plenty of words that don't offend me but I still won't use them - especially on a public forum as opposed to with people who I know in person. I guess though that when I see people use a word that I know is offensive to some people in a public place like modified I lose a lot of respect for them too. Sometimes I guess people also use offensive words because they are ignorant.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Jun 2006 10:39

If I called one of you a boob, you wouldn't raise a fucking finger. All your logic is trash. Cultures just put more emphasis on some curses, and less on others. That's all it is. None of this crap about using a body part as a bad term.
Also I always have the policy that if a word offends people I won't use it
Gayest thing I've ever heard.

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 17 Jun 2006 18:49

BainbridgeShred wrote:
myself wrote:Also, lots of society places degradation/guilt on a woman's sexual pleasure-and using 'cunt' further degrades female sexuality.
As well as we should.
You're an ignorant ass filling this thread without intelligent responses and simply asinine commentary. That was an innapropriate and worthless response.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Jun 2006 19:22

Since you're always on peoples dicks about grammar, you should've said "with uninteligent responses" not "without inteligent responses."

Shit, I'm a hill billy too.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 17 Jun 2006 20:11

I gotta say, Dan, I really love that disclaimer. it's kept me from writing a lot of angry responses to a lot of your absurd posts.

Although, really, you need a new username. The "Shred" part of "BainbridgeShred" is kind of misleading. How about "BainbridgeFlame" or "BainbridgeHarass"? Maybe "BainbridgeLame". or "BainbridgeCantShred"?

keep up the good work, you boob.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 17 Jun 2006 21:25

<3

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 17 Jun 2006 21:37

It would be great if this thread didn't turn into a Dan vs. everyone thread like so many do.
jon wrote:I may be wrong here but I think its because a lot of woman think their own vaginas are gross. The word cunt brings to mind is a negative and harsh word for something they already think is disgusting.
I don't find any part of my body gross or disgusting.
jon wrote:Calling them a cunt is therefore pretty offensive.
I think you're missing the point. Women don't just dislike being called cunts, they hate the word itself. There's a difference between being offended at someone calling me a jerk, and being offended at the work jerk being said in my presence. Although you're right that most women really don't like being called cunts either.

I think it's really funny that this question was asked of the posters on modified, which is mostly made up of young guys. Your answers have been enlightening.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk