TOFUSHRED2 - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, July 1st, 2006

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 24 Jun 2006 12:27

Hey, sorry about the lack of prioritizing this, but it is still going on, so far I only have confirmed crash space for two people and we are waiting on confirmation on a house to hold many more. This house should be confirmed either today or tomorrow so check back here soon.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 24 Jun 2006 13:47

Well, it seems that I've developed some shin splints, and although they're not brutal, it limits my footbag play down to an hour a day if that. That being said I dunno if I can make it to Ottawa simply because I wouldn't be able to play half as much as I'd want to. That and my only way over there would be to drive myself. Unless someone can find the instant cure to shin splints AND make a teleportation device, I don't know if I'll be in attendance. I so wanted to come, too. Damnit.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 25 Jun 2006 07:39

Skippy! wrote:Well, it seems that I've developed some shin splints, and although they're not brutal, it limits my footbag play down to an hour a day if that. That being said I dunno if I can make it to Ottawa simply because I wouldn't be able to play half as much as I'd want to. That and my only way over there would be to drive myself. Unless someone can find the instant cure to shin splints AND make a teleportation device, I don't know if I'll be in attendance. I so wanted to come, too. Damnit.
spenco insoles and not using lavers
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 25 Jun 2006 12:25

Yeah I'm slowly phasing out the lavers, with climas. Haven't gotten insoles for em yet...I have a feeling that the insoles that're in my lavers would be more hurt than help!
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Jun 2006 14:33

There's a good stretch to temporarily relieve shin splints Dan. Just put your knee behind one of your legs, place your hands on the outer leg's knee and ankle and pull inward. Position your knee around your calves to relieve some of your shin splint. Then repeat with the other leg with the same method.

Climacool stock insoles should be really good for shock absorption (the same for the sole as well).

I doubt I can make it to TOFUSHRED2. A bit late to announce that, but I want to make it clear that I want a revenge match against Ryan on beer pong. :wink:
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 25 Jun 2006 16:35

man, dan you should come dude! i cant think of any reasons why this will not be a grand time. tofujam one was amazing. everyone should come to this who can. our dear friend MIKE LAIT, the gracious host of last year, has agreed to let people stay in the residence which he will be overseeing this year! this guy loves tofu. dont hurt his feelings, so come to this jam and it will be a lot of fun.

i REPEAT! there is a place for ALL footbaggers to stay and sleep and regain their strength so that they can shred once they awake.

once again, i say to you all: there is not a better place to reign in CANADAS birthday then in OTTAWA, our nations capital. just because the senators didnt win the stanley cup doesnt mean you shouldnt come to ottawa and celebrate canadas birhtday.

yo! johnny suderman, come out man! im not even joking!

so, all who read this and are coming, make a post underneath this one and confirm you attendance! we will edit the first post tomorrow and show the roll call! cheers dudes, and dudettes alike.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'
'The head of state has called for me, by name, but I don't have time for him.'

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 26 Jun 2006 03:57

I'm definitely there if I can secure a ride. Perhaps one of the Rochesterites or Torontonites can swing by Kingston and give me a ride up? I'll split for gas and such.

I have a bag ready to give out as a prize as well.

Does that mean we don't need to pay for accomodations in that residence?
Pengpeng Du

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 26 Jun 2006 08:05

hey guys, I'll be there as well... if anybody need anything to ''celebrate'' in another way, they should contact me, i've got ''green'' and ''mushies'' so if you need anything let me know.

also , that guy with the crash place, does he have a backyard that I could borrow for a couple of days, because my ride is on the 29th, I have a tent and I could easily stay in his backyard, I dont mind at all,it's just that it's harder for me to find a ride on the 1st ..

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 26 Jun 2006 09:29

I'll be there, with Pengpeng in tow! Jippe, bring party supplies in proliferance! Matt Cross don't joke when it's time to smoke! ;) see ya'll this weekend. This is my first Canada Day as an official Canadian!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 26 Jun 2006 17:01

I pulled some strings down at work and I got work off!

I was a no-go up until this morning but I am pretty sure that the legendary Matt Cross will not only have the legendary Pengpeng Du in tow, he will also have the legendary Tom Mosher! :o :P

See you soon friends! :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 28 Jun 2006 13:00

hey guys!!

I'm in desperate need for a ride, I can go to Montreal whenever needed, to catch the ride on friday or saturday, but I do need a ride... or I wont be able to attend. I'll have everything for ''partying'' . Only need a place to sleep, I have sleeping bag and shit, If someone from montreal could assure me a 2 way ride that would be great.

cheers

jippe

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 28 Jun 2006 16:21

I plan on being there on friday afternoon, along with a Paulagostinelli. Some of that free crash space at Mike Lait's place would be stupendous. :D

weeeeeeeeeeee

see you all in two days!

markkkus
Shredalicious

Post by markkkus » 28 Jun 2006 20:46

i'll be there with drunken Laroche.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 29 Jun 2006 03:21

markkkus wrote:i'll be there with drunken Laroche.
Bring JP!!
Tom Mosher

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 29 Jun 2006 03:35

mosher wrote:
markkkus wrote:i'll be there with drunken Laroche.
Bring JP!!
Bring James McBrokenwrist too!

And Marc and Claudia and so on.
Tom Mosher

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 29 Jun 2006 11:50

Ok, so:
Ianek
James Mcullough
Diggeseses????
Paul Agostinelli
Chris Dean
jean-philippe labbé
Mosher
Pengpeng
Matt Cross
markkkus
Nick Laroche

anyone else?? I gotta sort out crash spaces.. ahhh im so last minute

It's looking like we'll have three people staying at my girlfriends parents house (where I live now) and possibly two at riazes and the rest crashing at mikeses.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 29 Jun 2006 12:27

Also when are people arriving? Tomorrow? Saturday? We will either have the friday arrivers enjoying basement shred at my place, or attending a house party in the west end, it's still being looked at..

If you guys need contact info Dan's cell# is 613-866-9366
my home# is 613-841-7624
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

skankin
Multidex Master

Post by skankin » 29 Jun 2006 12:52

So, I will probably go with Marc Giard, we would be laeving on friday. I've got to move out of my appartment. I'll ask my dad to get me to Montreal or something like that, I'll have a bit of party supplies, shred gear, couple of new moves, I can't wait to shred with some of you guys. I'm leaving for BC next week, I have money pilled up, a freakin nice girlfriend, man it's gonna be awesome!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 30 Jun 2006 04:27

Ok, google maps is being stupid so here's the instructions from the highway to get to my place:

If you're leaving friday come here:
From highway 417 (west or east) exit onto highway 17 (east)
take hwy 17 for a bit, once you pass a big mall with a pedestrian overpass over the highway exit at 10th line road which will be coming up shortly
go north on 10th line road almost all the way up and take a left on Innes rd. (theres a bit of construction at the 10th line Innes intersection so be careful)
take Innes and turn right on Esprit Dr. then take your first right onto Du Plateau, that's my street, we're at 562 Du Plateau.

Post here if you're coming today or tomorrow!!

if you're coming tomorrow we'll be downtown at the war memorial all day
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 30 Jun 2006 06:59

chris dean and i will be arriving today between 4 and 5 pm we expect. im going to pick chris up at noon and then its 4 hours approximately from where chris lives.

sooo psyched!!!!!!

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley