KICKASS 2 - Updated Lodging Info! Please see first post!

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Pengu
think pink

KICKASS 2 - Updated Lodging Info! Please see first post!

Post by Pengu » 18 Jul 2006 07:23

Kickass 2 is going to bigger and better than last year. Located in the beautiful city of Kingston Ontario. Come join the fun!

Dates:
Friday, September 29
Saturday, September 30
Sunday, October 1

LODGING INFO!!!!

UPDATE!!

Hey guys,

We went to sort things out with the Holiday Inn today and found out the Holiday Inn is completely booked up for that weekend except for King-sized rooms starting at $209 a night. I doubt anyone wants to get in on that.

For those who haven't booked yet:

Motels are a better bet and the Rest Inn is a cheap one that is relatively close to the event location. It would be about a $10 cab ride if people want to drink in the evening and can't drive to get back to the motel, which makes it $2.50 each person if you fill a cab. Or get a designated driver. Their phone number is (613)546-6616.

They gave us a deal of $75 a night for two double beds. Mention 'footbag' to get the discount.

That makes it about $18 a night for 4 people to stay in a room on beds, or for the truly thrifty, you guys can arrange floor space or something to cut costs as long as you don't mention it to the people at the front desk.

You have to book by Sept. 24th to get the deal!

Holiday Inn Info

2) Most people will be staying at the Rest Inn, but some will stay at the Holiday Inn, rooms are $165/night for two double beds.

http://www.hikingstonwaterfront.com/

Here is how that will work best:

- You should all arrange yourself into groups of four to six people.
- If people are willing to sleep on the floor then the cost is about $27 per person per night
- Have the person with a credit card (most likely needed) call (613) 549 - 8400 and make a reservation. I will have them hold rooms for us.

Please don't cancel if you've already booked with the Holiday Inn. We need a few people to stay there to use their facilities as our venue for free. If you can afford it, think of it as saving some cab money since it's the closest hotel to all the event sites.

The Holiday Inn is at 2 Princess Street.

Directions to the Holiday Inn:

*will post tomorrrow*

2) There are many cheaper hotels that are further up princess street but none are nearly as convenient. I will post a list of good alternative suggestions tomorrow.

Comps:
Sick 1
Sick 3
Circle Competition
Shred 30 (?)
Novice Comps (?)
Footbag Golf (?)

Sponsors:
Kolo Sport
Juice Nightclub
Peng
Mosher
Matt Cross
Kyle Hewitt
Elliot Mowel
Toby

Schedule: (this will all be in the players manual, along with maps and stuff)

Friday Sept. 29

Players should aim to arrive any time Friday afternoon.

When you get to Kingston go to your hotel first! (the Holiday Inn will be #1 on the map I post real soon)

Check in, get settled and then pack a bag with your shred stuff and head over to Confederation Park, it is very close. (Location #2)

The plan is to have a casual shred and four square afternoon chilling out in the park.
If you get to the park and no one is there call Peng or Tom!! If the weather is not nice we will either be at the Holiday Inn or at KFM Shredquarters, call us either way. The KFM Shredquarters will be location #3, it is 160 A Princess Street for reference.

We will stay at the park until 7 - 8 or so and then everyone will head to their rooms to get washed up and then PARTY AT KFM SHREDQUARTERS!!!!
:D

At the party there will be a special live performance by MATT CROSS!!!! 8)
He will be laying down an intimate set for us lucky shredders! Stoked!

The party will be relaxed and casual, we need to save our energy for a BIG Saturday! The party will probably wind down around 1 - 2 AM.

Saturday Sept. 30

The Saturday shred will be at the Holiday Inn in the Holidome.

The Holidome is sick!! There is a pool and sauna and hot tub and it's carpeted!!

If the weather is really nice we should shred at Confederation Park again, it's a really nice location and it's right next to the hotel.

MOST LIKELY we will be offering a meal plan. I discussed the possibility with a caterer today and he quoted me a price of $30/person for two days of breakfast and lunch. The idea is that breakfast and lunch are taken care of sat and sun so that no thought or BS has to go into that. Getting ready to shred is most important!!

Competitions will be held at some set time, all the comps except for finals of Circle and Sick 1/3 will be held at the Holidome.

Around 5 - 6 things will end at the hotel and everyone will head off to shower and find dinner. **Dinner can be done in groups!!**

Saturday night will be SICK!!!!!!!!

At night we will be at Juice Night Club.

There will be two very good DJ's dropping beats all night. We will have the club to ourselves!!!

Finals of sick 1/3 and circle will be held at the club.

We will do the comps when the time is right and then dance and party until 3 AM or so.

FUN!!!

Sunday Oct. 1

Sunday will be very casual.

People who want to shred can do so at the Holidome or at Confed.

For those interested there will be footbag trials and footbag golf offered on Sunday. Both of those events will be held on Queen's University campus.

All of this info and LOTS MORE will be in the players booklet, so don't worry too much about remembering it all. In fact, I wrote way way more than I should have. If you are keen are read it all.. uhh.. sweet!

SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON!!! :D :D :D
Last edited by Pengu on 18 Sep 2006 14:13, edited 8 times in total.
Pengpeng Du

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 18 Jul 2006 11:26

I'm definitely considering in going to this event, even if I have to cut a day of class just to fly my ass up there. I think from NYC to the event site would be 9 hours for me on the road, and I doubt my body can take the strain of a 9 hour car ride. I hope the plane tickets won't be as expensive as it was last year.

I'm not sure about competition registration and the fee behind it, as I've yet to compete in an actual footbag event (and I doubt I trained well enough as well) so I can't supply much support for it. However, the prices are somewhat reasonable when I think back on the price ranges from the other East Coast events I went to this spring/summer. I'm sure the t-shirt design will look awesome, and I hope it'll come in the package.

If there's an open-circle competition, I definitely want to check that out. I heard it was a lot of fun at the Montreal Jam, so maybe it might show up in KICKASS 2.

I'm stoked for this event!
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 18 Jul 2006 19:28

I really really wanna go. I'm sure the Montrealers can get something going and come down for this.
James McCullough

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Kickass 2 - Kickasser! Logisitics, numbers, opinions nee

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jul 2006 23:15

Pengu wrote:HeyAm I being too ambitious? ?
No. As long as you start early on the preparations, you`d be amazed what kind of tournies you can organize.

I`m definitely interested in attending this, but I can`t commit until I get a better idea of how grad school works, and my commitments to classes. That said, if it`s a possibility, I will be there for sure.

Good luck with this Peng!

Skippy!
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Skippy! » 19 Jul 2006 07:47

Ken Somolinos!!! Wow!! That'd be awesome.

I'm obviously coming. Peng if you need an extra set of Photoshop hands for flyers or something, or any other help, you guys know where to get me. :P

EDIT: Waylon, you have to come. I haven't even seen you in Canada yet.
dan cyr
Skippy:
Skip Hard
Skip Hard 2: Skip Harder
Skip Hard With A Vengeance
Coming soon. Yippee-kieaye-eh?
Skip-blog

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Jul 2006 08:51

I don't know the dates, so I can't guarantee attendance, but I'll sponsor the event with a footbag, and if I'm there, I'll definitely do a set. I'll probably be there, can't wait!!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 19 Jul 2006 17:48

Im pretty sure i can come, ill just have to get off work. If you get a concrete date soon i should be able to go.

Hey Ken, you are going to be at Ithica for school right? ill be driving right down i-90. there is an exit thats only like 1hr-1.5hrs north of ithica. We could workout a carpooling thing if you'd like.
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 20 Jul 2006 08:01

I just need an exact date so that I can get a bus or plane ticket ready. Most likely (and probably cheaper), I'll be riding up to Rochester so that I can carpool with some of the RFA. If not, I might drop down to Toronto and catch a bus to Kingston.

I'm thinking about sponsoring a bag too, and selling some bags as well!
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 20 Jul 2006 10:14

i have no reason to believe i wont be there. that said, there have been no dates published yet so i cant confirm for sure. supposing i have no major conflicts, i will drive as per usual, and chris and aric and waylon can hop a ride in my car.

peng, this sounds awesome and i loved the event and venue last year, keep us posted!

~NEL~
Precisely Mos Eisley

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 21 Jul 2006 15:42

I'm with josh, i definately wanna go but i gotta ask for work off aswell, let us know the dates, and im A OK with the biodome and pool and stuff. I'm stoked!!!
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 21 Jul 2006 17:53

yo. im so there.
Nicholas Laroche

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 21 Jul 2006 18:37

God freaking damnit. I'm moving to Canada when I get older. Soooooo many tourneys there. -.-
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 21 Jul 2006 18:51

Isilwar wrote:God freaking damnit. I'm moving to Canada when I get older. Soooooo many tourneys there. -.-
lol... it might seem that way but it is far from the truth.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 22 Jul 2006 06:52

asdfasdf
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 22 Jul 2006 07:30

Isilwar wrote:God freaking damnit. I'm moving to Canada when I get older. Soooooo many tourneys there. -.-
Ahahahahhahha.

It should be a fun weekend.
Johnny Suderman

Pengu
think pink

Post by Pengu » 22 Jul 2006 15:30

Hey everyone,

How does accomodations in a ship cabin sound? It's a 5 minute (if even!) walk from our outdoor shred spot and probably a 10 minute walk to our indoor shred spot and will definitely be cheaper than the rates offered at the holiday inn.
Pengpeng Du

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 23 Jul 2006 15:05

that sounds like a cool place to crash. how big is the cabin?
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 24 Jul 2006 09:04

I'll be there
Mathieu Gauthier

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 25 Jul 2006 20:26

If I can get a free or cheap crash space, I'm a happy camper. The ship cabin sounds like fun though. :o
NYFA represent.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 27 Jul 2006 08:26

I'm there for sure :D and there's a good chance I'm bringing the wife and kid!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!