Getting Back

For the new people coming into the sport, you can ask your questions in here.
Rob
Flower Child

Getting Back

Post by Rob » 15 Aug 2006 17:42

Sup yall. Getting back into footbag for health reasons. AGAIN. I've probably said that like fifty times but this time I want to stick. I've been boxing and running regularily but I need something else to fill the gap.

First. Are these quantum shoes better than lavers?

Second. I need to know who stitches a decent bag, comparable to a Felix preferably as I can't find mine :(.
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Aug 2006 08:23

Welcome back rob!

Not too many people have used quantums. But from the pictures... id say they are better than lavers. You may also want to check into G-Unit G6's. Those are what I and many other players use (John Mahood, Jorden, Jeremy Mirken.. etc.) easily moddable and i like them better than lavers. More support, better inside surface.

As for bags...

Bigger bags... Chris Miller (shredzilla), Josh Raye (hackeysnacker) , Mirken 12 panels are AMAZING.

Thats all i can think of.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 16 Aug 2006 08:29

welcome back Rob. What have you been up to?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 16 Aug 2006 09:00

lol What up Rob

I tried Stevie G's quantums in Portland, and personally I wasn't impressed. Sam Potter agreed with me that they were pretty wonky.

Frankly i wouldn't recommend Units, either, as many of the players who have switched to them (me too, a long time ago) have begun to lack in the style department, as they're bulky and pretty stiff. IMO old fashioned mesh Lavers are the way to go, and your joints are fine as long as you play with good form.

I haven't bought a new bag in several months, but from what I felt in Portland, Mirken's are the shit, and it seems Matt Cross, Chris Miller, Pengpeng and Tom Mosher can hook up a pretty good 32 too.

peace man, I hope we get to play again

love,
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 16 Aug 2006 10:41

Wow, the man who introduced me to modified.

Remember Pizza Hut Rob?

Hope to play with you soon.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 16 Aug 2006 17:50

Haha yeah, I also remember losing the Freedom banner there. Hopefully I can get some interest back into the scene and go to some smaller tournies. I'll be wanting to attend hackrifice and anything else easy to get to.

More bags people come on. Is Felix shipping overseas yet?
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 16 Aug 2006 18:52

Hey Rob, I can make you a bag you will love a long long time.

I think it's cool you are 'back', you stopped posting right around when I showed up.

Welcome back.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 16 Aug 2006 19:42

i make bags as well.

i dont want to try and compare them to (anyone on modified)'s. they are unique.

they are cheap, and you wont be disappointed.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 16 Aug 2006 20:10

Man what the hell is up with my title, this is whack. Alright can I see some pictures of your baaags? I'd also like more input on what bags people are using. Prices and availability would rock as well.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 16 Aug 2006 21:13

Check out the New Bags topic of the Bags and Equipment Subforum. People post new bags that they've gotten from various stitchers. They'll usually go into detail of how it plays so far as well.

You can also check the Bags I've Made topic in the same subforum, seeing the latest and greatest from veteran and up and coming stitchers.

Also in Bags and Equipment, is the Stitcher's Contact Info Sticky up top there. That has all the contact info for all the stitchers on Modified as well as bag specifications, prices, colors, etc. Many of the names on that list also have a link to their For Sale page, where they have pictures of their bags.

Good luck!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 17 Aug 2006 05:34

Well. you want input on what bags people use.

These are my personal favorites. Doc Bags from Jochen Bauer (germany) , Johnny Sudermans bags, Josh Raye's bags, Chris Miller's bags, and... hmm.

Mirken 12 panel. thats the one i was trying to think of
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 17 Aug 2006 07:36

Yeah, I guess I was more helping him out with the pictures, prices, and availability part of his post. Cuz there's no way I'm gonna list all that in this topic when there are topics already dedicated to that.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 17 Aug 2006 14:01

look in my sig.

(some other stitchers have a link for bags in their signature.)

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 17 Aug 2006 15:25

Glad to see you around again! :D
________
iphone games
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 07 Feb 2011 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 17 Aug 2006 15:47

If you want my honest recommendation, I'd say go with Mirken. He's making really good bags right now. Of course, I'd say you could go with him or me, but I'm currently not stitching publicly. I'll probably open my shop back up in the fall.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 17 Aug 2006 16:17

It's practically impossible to get a Mirken bag.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 17 Aug 2006 20:00

Hey, I heard that guy Abshire stitches ok bags ;-)

Josh/Jake Raye make awesome wicked bags-my current favorites

Aside from my own, which I whored out to you in a PM

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 17 Aug 2006 22:00

It took me awhile to get a Mirken bag..... but it was very worth the wait! Best bag I have ever played with!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 19 Aug 2006 07:24

hey rob! I hope you stick with footbag, because we never got to meet in person. You rocked in lavers before, I'd just go back to those if I was you. I love the Climacool 1 running shoes, but you were always light on your feet anyway.

I make some footbags. you can see a gallery of pictures of my first 26 or so bags through a link in my stitcher contact info list in bags and equipment. there are also plenty of other stitchers with pictures posted. I also love Mosher and Peng (pronounced "Pung") footbags. Jake Raye footbags are great. If you want to spend a little and order a super sweet one from europe, go to www.planetfootbag.com and buy one of the Ilja Mitrofanov bags they ordered.

Those are some of my favorites from lately. I can make you a sweet one if you want. I make them heavy and not full, so they're shreddable from the get-go. I played with a brand new MC bag yesterday, and with it, I could hit all my tricks and a few new ones (can you say swirling dyno both sides?).

So glad to hear you're coming back, bud. you could RIP it!

Matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa