Flaming problem.

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Flaming problem.

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 03 Oct 2006 07:54

Why is it that we are always flaming each other over the stuff we love? When I first joined this site it was purely friendly discussion over footbag and now everyone is starting to yell at each other.
mosher wrote:
jon wrote:
mosher wrote:I'm wearing quantums right now. 8)
I'm sorry... but what about your pouty negative posts about the quantums before. Now your bragging to people on the internet that you own them. :roll:
Jon, it?s fucking annoying how you always try to view things in the worst possible light.

I was being supportive and positive and you turned that into me being a dick. You won?t get anywhere in life with this attitude.

And you can?t possibly imagine that I found the initial news of the shoes pretty overwhelming? Of course I would have a strong reaction! But Ive learned alot more and I understand the situation better and now I am not 'pouty' or negative.

I support the Quantum completely, and it is hugely to the advantage of the future of footbag that you do the same. It doesn?t help ANYTHING for you to be mister sassy pants trying to point out inconsistensies in my emotions for no fucking reason.

The money made from these shoes is not going to make ANYONE rich, it is going straight back into the project to make them even better.

So who do you choose to be, a supportive and thoughtful player hoping to better the future of footbag or a stupid complainer?

Three cheers for Jan!!! He deserves SO many fucking props for all he has done and achieved.

Just about this whole topic http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=14429 and many other things between members.

Please tell me what has changed here.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Oct 2006 08:40

HATE HATE HATE
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Oct 2006 09:12

hehe wow! I never thought I'd come up in a topic about flaming.

Sorry for getting heated once or twice in the last month or two, Ive been under alot of pressure.

Also, the thing you quoted was a very sensitive subject, I had alot of emotions invested in that topic.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Oct 2006 09:13

And for the record, I wasn't even flaming there! That's a pretty sucky example of flaming. You can find way better quotes where people make personal attacks and use ugly words.
Tom Mosher

shreddaily
Flower Child

Re: Flaming problem.

Post by shreddaily » 03 Oct 2006 09:20

Kyle Hewitt wrote:Please tell me what has changed here.
Nothing.
shreddaily wrote:I'm sorry but I have read this "what has happened to modifed" bull dung one too many times.

DO SOME FREEKIN' RESEARCH

modified has always been a flame fest... here are some of my favorites:

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=9605&start=0

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=8648&start=0

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=1165&start=0

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=4796&start=0

... and this is just 4 of dozens, maybe one day there will be hundreds? One can only hope.
and just cause I'm a mister smarty pants who likes stiring the flame:
mosher wrote:You obviously don't get it man, the only influence on the shoe that duncan has is the fact that they have enough money to pay someone (me in this case) to get it done. The quality of their other shit has NOTHING to do with this.

Man, it peeves me when stupid people step up and try to be mister smarty pants.

Nick, I pose to you the same question about the actual making of the shoe part, who do you propose is going to do the bitchwork of actually designing and testing and so on? You need an engineer (mechanical engineer to be exact) with a passion for both shoes and footbag, how many of those are there? One!!! ME!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Oct 2006 09:26

shreddaily wrote: and just cause I'm a mister smarty pants who likes stiring the flame:
mosher wrote:You obviously don't get it man, the only influence on the shoe that duncan has is the fact that they have enough money to pay someone (me in this case) to get it done. The quality of their other shit has NOTHING to do with this.

Man, it peeves me when stupid people step up and try to be mister smarty pants.

Nick, I pose to you the same question about the actual making of the shoe part, who do you propose is going to do the bitchwork of actually designing and testing and so on? You need an engineer (mechanical engineer to be exact) with a passion for both shoes and footbag, how many of those are there? One!!! ME!
Man, that wasn't even flaming! that was me giving a reality check to some people that were being dellusional!

Please leave me out of any pot stirring, I don't want to get heated and upset.

I really don't want to be one of those guys that gets all disenchanted and leaves modified. :(
Tom Mosher

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Oct 2006 09:55

Splint wrote:
Slowsis wrote:Its like saying.."I drive a car which pollutes, so why not burn garbage in my backyard, I'm already polluting!" :roll:
No it's not dipshit. It's actually like saying.. you dumbasses are picking on the most superficial aspect of all the stupid shit humans do so why not put a tax on you for being even more stupid.

Yes there are vast amounts of fat people. So what. I have great friends and family members who are fat and would love to not have the physical and mental conditions that keep them from losing the weight. They are not a burden on me or you intolerable asses. They are sweet and kind and give more to the people around them than your narrow views could possibly comprehend.

It's haters like you guys that insure eating disorders stay alive. My cousin has been battling with her weight for 10 years and it began with people telling her she looked fat. She couldn't take it anymore and stopped eating any sort of substantial food in an effort to become your 6' 85lb supermodel goddess.

You ignorant fucks don't have the first clue. You offer no real constructive solutions and worse than that you wouldn't act on a good idea even if it came along.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 03 Oct 2006 10:44

mosher wrote:Man, that wasn't even flaming!
I know. I think I posted it in reference to the first post or something... but then again I don't think much when I post :D

mosher wrote:I really don't want to be one of those guys that gets all disenchanted and leaves modified. :(
Neither do I! Passionate posts and good vids... that what mods all aboot!

Roy
Multidex Master

Post by Roy » 03 Oct 2006 15:07

Kyle Hewitt wrote:flaming
Kyle Hewitt wrote:o
I haven't noticed too much of a flamingo problem.
Lighten up guys.
Roy Bradish
Royal Footbags >> 32 panels!

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 03 Oct 2006 15:33

Why you little pink and purple basket weaver !!!!

You should just take you pathetic segway riding liberal ideas and shove them
in a ground hogs tail pipe, cuz nobody wants to listen to your mindless
dissertations on world peace through taxation.

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 03 Oct 2006 16:35

That was awesome Roy.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 03 Oct 2006 23:35

Most people are so insensitive.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 04 Oct 2006 04:08

I'll insensitize your ass
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 04 Oct 2006 05:16

Ewwww!!! Henry!

That was definitely way too greasy. 8O
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 04 Oct 2006 06:04

Here's some
for everyone!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

bluntobj3ct
BSOS Beast

Post by bluntobj3ct » 04 Oct 2006 11:22

yeah ive uhh noticed a lot of people go out of their way to put people down, even for some pretty pathetic reasons.

then again, this also seems to be the way of the world, in my humble opinion, most people dont have a single shred of fucking respect for one another. thats alright though, these people are usually just unhappy about themselves in the first place. anyone whos secure doesnt go out of his/her way to bring other people down.. especially in an attempt to seem witty or get attention on themselves.

oh well!

I <3 footbag and stitching and so im always gonna love sharing that <3 with other people who earnestly do too. I do my best to avoid the drama, although ive been known to retaliate like gravity when you go against it :)
SAM MCAULAY
BLOG
ImageImage

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 10 Oct 2006 16:02

Where's my crown?

Sad part is, to understand why I am the flame King you would have had to read original posts - or coaxed someone to post screen shots of what I said.

I kicked ass :lol:

Ain't that right Nasty Nate Northerner dude? (-jk, I'm really a big softy)

Flames make life interesting - like having a battle of words - even sadder would be taking anything written here on modified seriously.

Biggest probelm with words is that you have no idea what the tone of the person writing is. No idea if he/she is serious or just goofin'.

In person I am nothing like my online persona - I am much more reserved and conservative with my words. I have had freestylers that meet me in person apologize for their words on Modified. No apology is neccessary - I don't take any of this stuff personal.

That being said - Brad Kaplan is the "Biggest Dick in Freestyle", aren't you Brad?

~peace
Damon

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 10 Oct 2006 17:27

Damn, and I thought I had the biggest dick in freestyle :(

even sadder would be taking anything written here on modified seriously.
true that.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Kyle Hewitt
something more funny

Post by Kyle Hewitt » 11 Oct 2006 19:44

It's not the I take it seriously, it just gets on my nerves =/ It's not like it's hard to express a point without having to be an asshole about it.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 11 Oct 2006 23:09

You'll find that lots of things get on your nerves in life. There's some complete idiots on this forum, as there are anywhere else on the internet. There's also a lot of cool footbaggers who have intelligent things to say. You just gotta pick your battles bud.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller