Toe Stall

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

daviewavie112
Circle Kicker

Toe Stall

Post by daviewavie112 » 01 Feb 2005 19:03

Toe Stall
SET > TOE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/minisooper/1toedel.mpg

hey i learned how to do a toe stall recently. I can do an outside stall on the right side and then stall it on the sole of my right, but after that, im stuck.. when ever i try to get out of a sole stall, the footbag doesnt go up, it either goes, to the right as in farther behind my back, or it just doesnt go anywhere :x . Anybody have any tips on how ta get outa a sole stall?

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 01 Feb 2005 19:11

ok you do a outside stall then do a sole stall??????? do u mean u set it with the outside stall then do the sole with the same foot? ID LIKE TO SEE THIS!
or do u mean outside stall, then do the sole stall with the other foot? you can do a sole stall 2 ways that i know of, behind ur leg, or infront of it... i only ever seen jon do it in front of his leg so i dont think thats what u talking about. can u explane this alittle more?

are u sure ur not doing a cliper stall to sole stall, thats probley the best way to learn sole stall.

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 01 Feb 2005 19:19

I don't think he's doing a cross body sole stall Zach, I think he means like regular sole stall, so bassicly do an outside rotate your foot 90 degrees by bringing your knee to point towards the floor, and that's what he's doing... or at least I think.
Dustin Rhodes

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 01 Feb 2005 19:28

thats what i think he is doing as well, is just a sole stall from and outside delay, he needs help setting it out of sole. I'm not really good at sole stuff, but it helps to keep your knee locked and pointed down, then bend with your support leg, and then straighten quickly to have a straight set out of it. When you learn clipper delay it will probably be easier to drop the bag from the sole into a same side clipper.
Aric McIntosh

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 02 Feb 2005 09:11

There are lots of options from a sole stall. Try going right back to where you came from with just a little pop upwards and get your outside stall underneath the bag again. Or push the bag foward with the sole and go for a toe stall.

As long as you tend to set the bag further behind your back, trick flicking it up off the sole and turn a little so that it goes all the way behind your back and do the other outside stall, or other toe stall, or best of all a clipper stall (with the same foot that did the sole, but now in cross-body inside position).
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

LittleBoy footbag
Official Streaker

Post by LittleBoy footbag » 03 Feb 2005 17:47

dave I'll show you at lunch soon

B DAY SUCKS ASS!

but as far as I'm concerned, you've been doing it pretty good lately I mean you fucking schooled ATW with my help in like, half a fucking week! AMAZING!

So I'll see what you're doing wrong while I'm doing me flappers!
WOOT!

just learn to move you ankles a tad fast in the positions you need to do outside>sole delay. then master both. I prefer to just school outisdes a bit so I can go from:

outside>sole>outside>sole>outside>sole and so forth.......

daviewavie112
Circle Kicker

this is what i mean

Post by daviewavie112 » 03 Feb 2005 18:00

hey so.. yeahh some of you guys understanded what i meant, and ur tips help, im tryin them out, jus need somemore practice. but if u didnt know what i mean, this is what i mean. click here
http://www.flipsider.com/media/practice/menu2.htm

and click on sole stall, n thats what im talkin about. :D
thanks for the help[/url]

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 03 Feb 2005 20:24

Yeah, the move on Flipsider is actually a Cross-body Sole Stall, otherwise known as a Flapper Stall.

Jericho, we've still got to get together and kick it. Its long over-due. Just say when and I'll be there.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 05:31

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:18 am Post subject: Toe stall problems *My toe won't stay down!* Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Okay this is a little embrassing for me but ever since I switched over to a 32 my flipside toe stalls have been horriable. The problem I think is when I when I stall I stick my big toe up which makes a extreamly uneven surface to stall on and the bags always rolls off. I tried to conerate on keeping it down but it always like a movement I can't control. I guess I been always doing this but in till now I been playing with sand bags and there so sticky it didn't matter. So my questions is: Does anybody else have this problem?And if so how did you fix it?

Thanks! Smile
qphox
Bullshit Detector

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I think...you can still haev your toe pointed upwards. Just swing your calf back a bit so that the upwards slant of your foot becomes flatter.

If I'm understanding you correctly. If I'm not, I apologize.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Buy ShrEdmonton shirts!
DoctorJay
BSOS Beast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I think you should definitely poiint all of your toes upwards and lean more over the bag - so it is flat again and your general position is much better anyway.

Just a guess
ICQ Number
Shredster
Flower Child

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Umm...is that a new 32 panel? If so, they need to be broken in (at least mine did). If they aren't, they tend to roll quite a lot and get really annoying.

Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Oh cool! It worked! Thanks for all your help!

And it is a new 32 but I didn't have any problems stalling it on my strong side.

Thanks again!
qphox
Bullshit Detector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Good to hear. Smile

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Buy ShrEdmonton shirts!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 07:08

neary322
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:25 pm Post subject: help toe stalls !!!, yes im not that good=] Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
OK my toe stalls suck. i kan hit them if i drop my footbag from my hand. but i kant do them. when i kick it and then try to stall. any tips?? i have lavers but they arent modded. Confused by the end ov the summer i wud like 2 be able 2 toe stall easily, and mayb learn how to jester{clipper}, same thing. k thnx bye Laughing
DUSTER
Multidex Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
hmmm i sugest you just keep practicing..you will get it eventually,make sure u craddle the bag when it comes down.. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jeremy
Iraq Disarmed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I have a tip: "can" is spelt with a C not a K. Wink Also "of" is spelt with an F not a V.

With toe stalls: you need to cushion the bag by lowing your foot a little as you stall it. Also make sure you keep the bag close to you and the sets straight and your toe surface flat. The most important thing with toe stalls is practice - so do - lots!! Smile

"you're signature really irks me. It only proves the self-righteousness that I know has always existed in you." - Dan Feary
jedidove
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
It requires you to "soften the blow". As the bag hits your foot you have to bring your foot down to cushion it. You'll learn them quickly and they will become natural. It just takes a little time to diminsh the idea of stick your foot out and letting the bag do the work. Landing the first of any basic trick is a lot of mental work. Once you land it once your mind realizes that its possible and you can land it more and more.

Friends don't let friends do toe-ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
neary322
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:15 am Post subject: ok Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
ok ive been workin on my toe stalls and i can do im 75 % of the time. but i dont reely cushion the bag i just lightly kick it up and then let the bag hit my toe box. am i doing this right?
jedidove
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
As far as I can tell, no. You should toss the bag from your hand up a little (chest high) then as the bag comes down move your foot with the bag gradually slowing it down. Watch the videos of it at flipsider and footbag.org frame by frame to help you get the idea.

Friends don't let friends do toe-ups.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
Jeremy
Iraq Disarmed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
If you're finding it hard - begin with dropping the footbag from only a very low height and stalling it. As you get better slowly raise the height you're dropping it from until you feel like you can toe stall anything from about head height down.

"you're signature really irks me. It only proves the self-righteousness that I know has always existed in you." - Dan Feary
Torn
Shredaholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
I'd also suggest that you mod your lavers...helped me a lot ...and if you don't want to mod them there is only one way to get better....Practise Wink

And remember to practice with your flipside too

greetings Julian

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while...you could miss it Wink

No move is impossible you just have to learn it...
freestyler4life
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
it should come with experience, just be sure to learn all the kicks pretty well and consistonely(cant spell) before moving on

p.s- what bag are you using?
neary322
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:24 pm Post subject: umm Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
at the moment a 12 panel jester sandbag, got two 32 panel sandbags comin in from ebay, reel soon. and this bag
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
neary322
Hack Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:27 pm Post subject: jkj Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
oops here it is it sez neary322's bag, its biege and red, its not filled with sand, though Crying or Very sad but ill try it . somthin new Laughing

http://modified.ca/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... &start=800
Bander87
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Try practicing with eggs.

Jk

Ben Adler - Will shred for free
BelZoradon
Circle Kicker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
here is what i did to get the toe stall down, i watched a few of the guys at school to get the basic motion down & was able to boil it down to basically matching the speed of the bag with your foot & slowing it down. (i know it seems elementary but its a process of thought im going for here) then i practiced the motion with a hack a few times, tried it at school a few times with whatever people were playing with till i got the basic motion down, then i bought a cheep crochey bag then without breaking it in tried over and over and over and over and over and over and over till i could stall that everytime, if you can toe stall a brand new crochey bag you can stall ANYTHING trust me. now my friends say my toe stalls are amazing, and i can toe stall things that just shouldnt beable to be stalled, like someone punting the bag 20+ feet into the air... give it a try
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slapdash21
Futureless

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Bander87 wrote:
Try practicing with eggs.

Jk

who's kidding...i did this Razz
TheVindicator
Fearless

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Hey man, you need to mod those lavers-

It will do your game a world of good!

Chocolate Milk 4El/A!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)
BalinorNZ
Flower Child

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
TheVindicator wrote:
Hey man, you need to mod those lavers-
It will do your game a world of good!

I don't think modded lavers are nessisary for toe stalls, you can do them with lavers right out of the box just as well.

To get good at toe stalls, just try and go from left toe stall to right toe stall and then back the other way, when u get that down keep praticing till u get atleast 20 in a row and then is a good time to start working on atw n stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
Uranos
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Another thing is, try not to become lazt just cos you have lavers. I used to think lavers were some magic shoes that would make footbags land, so i sometimes forgot about going down with the bag.

Also this is a good way to think of toe stall

Think of the footbag as your girlfriend falling down from a cliff. Your job is to cushion her as much as possible to save her.

Good luck Wink
http://www.modified.ca/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=11782

andy li
Circle Kicker

tossing the bag up from a toe stall

Post by andy li » 23 Apr 2006 19:52

alright so im new into getting into the freestyle scene. i have both toe stalls, and inside stalls, and right foot outside stall pretty much down, and my kicking is alright. but my question is, can anyone explain to me a good way to throw the bag off my toe to do around the worlds? i can throw it up a foot or to my stomach by raising my leg up, but i still dont really understand the toss motion.

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 23 Apr 2006 20:44

this is a "Set"

you basically just draw up your knee, without using your ankle to reall throw the bag. just your leg. make sure its a smooth pull, and not all jerky to make your set sloppy.

and with clippers (cross body inside delay). its pretty much the same, except you tweak your ankle, so your big toe points WAY upward, and smoothly catch or set the bag..

with delaying the bag, its like stopping in a car. youdont jam the brakes, you smooth into your stop. then accellerate without the jerking. smooth.

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 23 Apr 2006 20:53

Yeah, try to keep your lower leg (the part from knee down) pretty much vertrical when attempting the set and just lift your knee and stop lifting when you upper part of your leg is horizontal with the ground - making a 90 degree angle, if this makes any sense.

Guest_2
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Guest_2 » 24 Apr 2006 05:16

brinard wrote:with delaying the bag, its like stopping in a car. youdont jam the brakes, you smooth into your stop. then accellerate without the jerking. smooth.
Um...I need to practice my driving :-/

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 24 Apr 2006 08:31

TheVindicator wrote:
Um...I need to practice my driving :-/
quoted for truth!!

:wink: no your driving rocks dood - so does abe's :idea:
Andrew's f00t(blog)
Last Updated: 5-22-06
zilla wrote: It's like being a jedi and making your own lightsaber

jpaige
Shredalicious

Toe (set)

Post by jpaige » 23 Mar 2008 13:20

I have been having some annoying problems with my toe sets. For some reason my knees like to go in when i try to set from toe and i've been trying hard to keep my knee going straight up or slightly outward. The problem is when i focus on doing this my toe sets are almost always to the side instead of in front of my body. I've been drilling my toe stalls hard and when alternating toe stalls can pretty consistently set in front of me but when it comes to trying to hit mirage, legover, illusion, etc i go back to my crappy form. Im guessing I just need to keep drilling the toe sets hard? I dunno i figured after a while of drilling toe sets my form would be better but it doesn't seem to be working out for me :(

[merged with Toe Stall thread - Frank_]
Jon Paige

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 23 Mar 2008 14:16

i bet you're leaning over too much.

if you lean back a little bit, your knee will be out of the way, and you can set straight up instead of to the side.

I will say, it's not necessarily bad that you set to the outside of your knee all the time. HOWEVER, if you are setting to the outside of your knee on one toe, and setting to the inside of the other knee when setting from the other foot, that's no good because your sides will develop differently. I believe it's also a sign that your dominant eye is REALLY dominant.

but, anyway, setting to the outside of the knee can make for some really killer fairy sets, so don't despair if you have a propensity to do that. Just make sure you can do it in front of your knee, or to the inside of your knee as well (for pixie sets etc etc).
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

jpaige
Shredalicious

Post by jpaige » 23 Mar 2008 14:31

thanks for the advice. I was just trying some mirages and that definitely helps. Its strange because My left toe set goes just slightly inside my left knee...I think I might be leaning over more on my right toe set for some reason because the left feels fine. Gonna have to focus a lot more on positioning myself more upright when I play now.
Jon Paige

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 23 Mar 2008 21:02

i'd say 90% or more of my toe sets are on the outside and the rest are in the middle. Never really have any inside sets..

I do have the same problem occur to me, but it has recently decreased, so im assuming with time and less leaning foward you'll be fine. just takes practice.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 24 Mar 2008 04:28

It's not too bad to set to the outside, this will actually help you for pixie and fairy sets. But definitely learn to set to the inside as well.