Swizzle's progress....

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Swizzle's progress....

Post by Swizzle » 01 Sep 2009 15:53

Ahh yes, Beginning a footblog, so i have decided to finally do this, because i'm getting better, which makes me play more, which i think i will get even more better... maby... well yeah... INTRO!

K im Cory Allen from Fenton Missouri, and i am 18 years old.... i started footbag as a game in November of 07 (almost two years ago) but for the past 10 months i have gotten serious and taken it as a sport, and in the past 5 months (since march) i have started to learn footbag lingo and hit moves already created, and not ones i have made up.

My video cam is broke, i used to put up guitar hero video's and somehow it broke, i need a new one or to repair the old, im not sure which...

Interests... i love footbag obviously, but i also play guitar hero, guitar, disc golf, golf, i would ski more, i love it, but i am in Missouri >.< i can play ping pong pretty good, i dont too much though and uhhh.... i guess thats it, im a freshman in college...

SKILL!!! I am working on it lols... lets see, im terrible at stringing together tricks, i am almost always more motivated to hit hard tricks than to shred for a while, i need to stop that, i kinda want too but kinda don't... and yeah, lets see, today i did really good, im pretty good with toe set butterfly's and stuff, but today i hit, a couple drifters , 1 Torque xD!!!, pixie mirage, which for me is harder than crap to do a pixie, and i did a ducking butterfly and a double legover. so yeah, progress... i had previously hit one double leg over, and a couple pixies? but nothing good.

my strengths are toe set butterfly's, legover's, im getting pretty good clippers and clipper set butterfly's... im just fairly good a downtime dexterity's. My uptime ones, which have always been crap, remain crap. i can't even pixie with my strong foot. today i did consititantly for an hour, but now that it is nightime, i can't. I believe the change was my shoes, i use my Lavers all the time, i literally go everywhere in them, and then i use my quantums once every three days or so... i'm not liking the pocket for the most part so far on the Lavers, i didnt make a pocket on my quantums, and i pixie set good for the first time ever today when i switched... it rolls off easier, i don't know how you all do it with that pocket... it catches it, but thats the least of my worries really. i just wanna uptime set.. lol stepping, atomic, pixie, fairy.

does somebody have a video of a double blender??? i kinda wanna see that.. so nobody kicks good so far that i have found in st. louis, supposvely chris balch is in st. louis, i don't know where to find him, and im don't know him i am new here. So i kick by myself, if anyone is close to me, we should kick for sure, i drove 45 minutes the other day to illinios to find some 16 year olds that were on footbag.org but they couldnt stall.. =/.. i had fun though..
Also do you get paid to play footbag? if you win a tournament? how do you guys afford to travel around?

I also recently went to glacier national park, and here are some pictures from there... Thanks for reading guys, i will appreciate any response.

Last edited by Swizzle on 07 Jul 2015 21:01, edited 6 times in total.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Swizzle's experince with the hack.. footblog

Post by C-Fan » 03 Sep 2009 10:38

Swizzle wrote:Ahh yes, Beginning a footblog, so i have decided to finally do this, because i'm getting better, which makes me play more, which i think i will get even more better...
It's a really good way to track your progress, so congrats on taking the first step.
Swizzle wrote:im just fairly good a downtime dexterity's. My uptime ones, which have always been crap, remain crap.
I think it's a good idea to get all your basic downtime components solid before you start incorporating uptime components. Pixie and fairy sets are based off of ATWs. So you need to learn the downtime (ATW) before you can get to the uptime. Plus, once you have all your downtime mastered, you will have a lot more doors open to you when you start mixing in uptime.
Swizzle wrote:does somebody have a video of a double blender???
You'd be amazed how much video you can find on youtube. Just enter the trick name and "footbag" and you should find something for most tricks.

Good luck!

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 07 Sep 2009 08:15

Well, i did fairly well over the weekend, i did some decent pixie sets with my quantums. and by the way, is the modified shoe lace stringing to make a pocket really help? and would you guys always do it, even with the quantums? i have the pocket with my lavers. but i don't really like too much, its harder than hell to set with them.

yeah i did a pixie <legover>out also my favorite thing i did was an eggbeater, i had never done it before, i was so bloody happy lol... i did think i was able to do a pixie because it would roll right off my quantums, without the pocket

i guess the only thing i really having trouble with now, is my swirls, or the clipper atw's.. i could do a reverse swirl with my left clipper, and was getting fairly close to a swirl with my right clipper; but now i lost it all >.< lol.. i will keep practicing... let me know whats up about those shoes.

thanks
`Cory
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 16 Sep 2009 05:54

i hacked for 3 hours at school yesterday with some Hacky sack players. not footbaggers if you know what i mean,

anyways i didnt do all that good, but my pixies were DECENT!! OMG !!! (decent is better than ever) -- it was amazing. seriously i was so close to hitting a pixie eggbeater. three dex's was a dream like 4 months ago.

that was exciting. and after i was up till midnight writing a four page paper.. =)..

also my clippers are fairly accurate, i don't have major ankle crank. but i can hit that pocket quite often.. thats cool too..

gotta go to school =/
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 20 Sep 2009 18:55

Once again my pixies are improving, i think i may have my right foot down 50% of the time, i sometimes roll it off which throws it away, thats my only problem. Pixie mirage is soon to be consistant, i only hit it 20% of the time or so right now but that is still pretty good lol..

I finally realized why everyone told me to work on my downtime dex's.. now that i have learned the pixie set sometimes, what to do with it is hard, i gotta be quicker and have my downtime stuff mastered.

Oh also i can sorta do a fairy, it seems about the same as a pixie; i was trying to do a fairy symposuim reverse swirl. Im not sure if that is legit, im kind of makeing it up, but all things are links are possible right?

My clippers sucked so bad in the past two days it was aggrivating, seriously i felt like i hated footbag for a second, which sucked to feel that way so it was a double whammy lmfao. But yeah i dunno i just hit 4 of the same side clipper without planting my clipper foot.. so i dont know whats up.. im inconsistant as hell.
i think i learned that when i stall a clipper and not do a delay, i hold it way too high, which causes it to roll off. that's good to know.

I can't hit eggbeater any more, i hit the torque once and can't do it again.. my mirages are alot better, my butterfly's suck now, mainly because my clippers do. Forgot how to hit drifter. hitting whirl regularly. starting to get back my reverse swirl. double legover seems easier, althoguh i havent tried to too much, but because my mirages are alot better. most of my moves i only can hit one way though, forgot to add that.. lmao.. osis's suck (clippers again) my guitar skills were good yesterday.. lol i somehow made up my own song and i'm not very good at guitar.. 0.o

going to bed..

until next time
`Cory
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 20 Sep 2009 19:27

Clippers can be frustrating. They are a move you just need to keep going for to build that flexibility and control. Also, doing inside stalls helps. Anyway, I hear you are coming to NYJ. I look forward to meeting you.

Cheers.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 21 Sep 2009 18:55

thanks for the response, yeah, NYJ is the most motivating thing in my life right now lol, i seriously would do anything to go.. well.. reasonably anything.. (work tons of hours; get straight A's in college; ect..)

Yeah whats really annoying is that yesterday i couldnt hit my strong side clipper more than half the time.. and my weak side was dumb.. BUT.. (this is why its dumb) today, i hit them awesomely, seriously i did 5 butterfly's in a row, the best i've ever done. Also i hit clipper<osis <osis<osis... which was so amazing. but then the day before they complete shit. =/ we/ im not sure how to take it lmao. im excited to do so good and it also suck to do so bad..

Anways i played very well today.
[x] 6 mirages in a row
[x] 5 butterfly's in a row
[x] ducking butterfly - amazing feeling
[x] swirl and reverse swirl - (opposite clipper)
[x] very long run, like 12 seconds! (Lmao i suck) 2 and 3 add tricks - i was happy.
[ ] PDX Whirl -- so close today. seriously..
[ ] 5 add trick -- soon to come .. maby.. if i play well again.

so can you do a symposuim buttefly?
also suppose you did a fairy set from right toe then jumping off your left leg do a reverse swirl.. how many add's is that? would it be a PDX? cause think right toe set to swirl.. then think right to set to reverse swirl.. pdx?? i dunno.. lol
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 21 Sep 2009 19:00

Last edited by Swizzle on 24 Sep 2009 13:41, edited 2 times in total.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 22 Sep 2009 13:19

[x] PDX Whirl
[x] Symposium whirl..
[x] pixie double leg over
[x] double ATW
[ ] Barrage
[ ] pixie torque
[ ] PDX Symposium whirl
[ ] PDX ducking whirl

mmk, So today i played for two hours at school again. i was doing good, yesterday i did better, but i still built off of that; Above is the tricks i hit today; pretty much new ones but the DATW. The reason i listed DATW was because i did it from in to out (pixie style) which was new, i had already done out to in before.. THE coolest thing was that i did In to Out and then Out to In in the same run... obviously not back to back.. it was amazing

whirl wize, yeah i tried the pdx one and got in pretty quickly, i had almost hit it yesterday. symposium i was just joking around, because symposium tricks are hard lol. but then i realized that it was fairly easy.. and i got it about the fifth try. then i went for a PDX ducking whirl and i was somewhat close? not really but then again, kinda..

I think my first 5 add trick is gonna be one of the last 3 that i have not hit.. im guessing a pixie torque, its not even hard, if i can hit torque then i could hit pixie torque.. i Tried this once today, but there is so much more to try that i got distracted and never actually went for it again.. i may get it soon, or my good days may decline and it take another month or so.. idk.. lol

consistancy sucks
spinning sucks
all flip stuff sucks

oh yeah and pixie mirage was so easy today compared to normal.. thats cool.
also im still wondering about those two questions in my previous post, thanks
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 28 Sep 2009 14:40

Yo, I think Chris Balch is Salt Lake City right now. But Derrick Fogle is in Columbia, 2 hours away. Not too shabby, you should shred with him some time.

His website: http://h4x354x0r.com/

Nice progress on the moves man. I would like to see more work on runs and tiltless/guiltless links and less going for big tricks. It will help out your game a lot more in the long run (no pun intended).

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 28 Sep 2009 16:57

HAha, Nice pun that definitely made me laugh.. Thanks a lot of that info, the more people that play is a very, very good thing. Hopefully he would meet me halfway every now and then. Yep, I have talked some with chris and he gave me a number of a guy he used to play with, John Stevens? he wasnt sure about the last name, hell i haven't even called him yet; ill get too it soon. Also Chris gave me info to the Tournament in Chicago, so i'm going to that, unless somehow god forbids me to go..

But yeah i do agree, and actually today, i was working on it, getting consistency of weak side tricks (flip tricks?) and my clippers, and also stringing two tricks together purposefully, practicing transitions.. i look pretty sloppy normally when i get for a while; thats what im trying to change.

From my last post; i can't hit torque, that became alot harder to spin like that.. but i did hit two pixie mirages back to back, which might have been lucky, but any trick to a good pixie set is difficult, somehow i got that though.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 12 Oct 2009 17:53

ha, so i went to the shop to fix my camera (i needed to get it fixed it broke a year ago).. The guy plugged it in, turned it on -- wait wtf? it wouldnt turn on before!! -- yeah the guy was like whats wrong with it?? well apparently there was nothing wrong with it, i was pissed lmfao all i had to do was plug it in and use it but i thought it was still broke, or idk even what happened...

So, i have a pretty good camera, im gonna record some videos including ones that will make you all judge my technique and give me feedback.. i must... get... better.... !

Also i played with John, a guy Chris Balch referred me to, it was fkn awsome. he was better than me, and i had never seen that before, seeing a whirling swirl in front of me.. xDD!!!!! yeah now i ordered an MC bag, and 3 Mr sandbags from freedom's site, ( im using a friends dirtbag right now) im in desperate need :P; i cant find my facile Mr sandbag that i used yesterday.. we/

videos here soon!

[x] spinning clipper
[x] spinning butterfly
[x] spinning legover
[x] spinning ducking clipper -- incredibly sloppy.. im fairly sure i did it lol
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 19 Oct 2009 17:40

http://www.freedomfootbags.com/blog/

Ha, thats pretty cool, i placed an order and had a comment telling them about my picture, they said Thats awesome! if you want we'll put in on our blog. knowing me i was like, sure, wait wtf? LoL!

Yeah not sure if i was "Shredding" but i took a couple of pictures and they ended up doing that with it; it kinda looked like an advertisement i think.. thats why i told them about it.. =)

Anways, making a video of some runs and if you watch it, you will see my best runs are stupidly inconsistant & stuff, i will work on it though, im done trying to hit hard tricks.. whoo.. K Later.

here's the picture (Bigger)
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 24 Oct 2009 13:45

Hell yeah, MC bag... I think its gonna be the "Camera Bag" (easy to see)

Havent played good today, hopefully this will make a difference... :D
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 03 Nov 2009 03:39

Got my video finished.. Here it is.. cool that i did it this month because i started playing hacksack two years ago to this month and found footbag a year later.. =D

I think it turned out great, im happy ;D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATY48Ip73d4[/youtube]
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 03 Nov 2009 04:42

Great momentum starting off your blog.

I checked out some of your video and one thing that stuck out was your posture. Make sure to keep good posture through out every trick that you do. It will help out a lot, especially with string length; you can't shred if you lose your balance.

Keep it up and don't forget to practice both sides!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 03 Nov 2009 11:16

good catch Tjuggles, thanks

Yeah i played with a fire hack today, BOMB.. lmao, my friend got it from freedoms site, it was so much fun.. hard to stall but we/
gotta go to work..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 08 Nov 2009 03:57

So after my video Anz sent me a PM with some advice. yesterday i went for the 100 alternating clippers one string.. my previous record was 15..
conclusion: 85 clippers.. and my camera died, so i can go for 100 again...

i about threw up man.. my legs collapsed and my stomach was all upset ya know..jeeeeeeeezzzz.... so much harder than i expected... Lol

good game Anz.. good game..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Lazy-Bonez
Multidex Master

Post by Lazy-Bonez » 08 Nov 2009 12:29

hey man, that Coca-Cola from USSR is awesome!
was surprised to see some text written in mynative language :roll:

and props on 100 clippers... i'm still, after 3,5 years, can do only 40-60)
Nikita Aleksandrov

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 17 Nov 2009 20:41

haha awesome, yeah 85 was intense.. im gonna get 100 sooner or later.

Today, i played for almost 4 hours.. :D
I hit a pixie ducking butterfly.. it was sick.. but i had a lot of fun playing today.. so much and with my buddies and school and then john who is better than me.. so yeah sick.. :D

oh and me and john both hit an atom smasher, like back to back it was freaking sick.. got some video from today too.. not the atom smashers though =/
Cory Allen
My Footblog