Nick "Houdini" Polini

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 13 Jul 2010 06:27

So...

I dyed my hair purple.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 13 Jul 2010 19:37

Just had a really great session with my next door neighbor, Jackson. He's like 3 days into freestyle and he hit 3 toe> ducking opp. toe stalls, and footed about a dozen more. This kid's so dedicated too, and he'll be on modified soon, which means plus one to our footbag family! Hoping he can make it to Funtastiks this year. Jackson's really determined to hit what he's trying to hit, and he seems to really like the sport. Very cool to see that I got another person into freestyle. As for me:

Edit: This is coming from me in the future.. Year 2013... Just wanted to add that everytime I ask Jackson to shred, he "Fucked up his ankle". So tired of hearing that excuse.

:arrow: bsos whirls 2x
:arrow: bsos whirl & rev. swirl
:arrow: rev. swirl> swirl

My flipside is really starting to improve. We kicked to Del Tha Funky Homosapien tonight and I give all props to Del for being such a funky homosapien and giving us some tight jams to shred to. Del, if you're listening somehow... Thanks!
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 03 Jul 2013 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Jul 2010 21:50

Yeah, so I went up to my apartment with Leon and Tyler and had a nice shred session. We met a new footbag friend today. Zach Hoffa. We met on modified and he lives really close to my apartment, so we planned it out that we'd all shred today. It happened and we had a sick ass shred session. Got it on video. Amazing shit from all of us. We really all fed off of eachother's vibes in the circle and it benefitted us like crazy. Zach hadn't shredded legitimately in shorts and lavers for about 3 years, he said. But when he kicked today, man, he was hitting some shit. Quantums, ripwalks, bam bam bam, sweet trick after sweet trick. Really fun session. One of the most fun sessions I've ever had. Zach hooked me up with some needles and fabric too. Such a nice dude. We're gonna go fishing and have a stitching jam soon, as well. The kid's super out there and pretty weird, but in a good way. Very interesting dude. Really glad I met him today.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Jul 2010 10:48

I street perform tonight, it's so hot though, so i'm not super looking forward to it. Just got another kid on my street into freestyle. He had some promising toe stalls, so I modded his Nike's, which modded ridiculously close to how Lavers mod. Oh and some new tricks/combos:

:arrow: spinning stallburger
:arrow: Rev. Swirl> Swirl>Spinning Mirage

Uploading wednesday's shred video right now, it's definitely worth checking out, we all hit some cool stuff. And my style really came together looking very weird and unusual with a lot of cool unique tricks. And I have very very nice string in the video that starts with a toe set> diving xbd sole stall. CHECK IT OUT!
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 01 Aug 2010 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Jul 2010 16:18

WOW. I built up a huge hack circle during my performance tonight and I was blowing their minds... and my own mind! I hit a few new tricks. One of them was:

:arrow: toe set> diving ss xbd sole> mirage

I also handed some business cards out and got 5 definite birthday parties in the near future. $25/hour!!! Do The Math, Bitch! But damn, I'm really surprising myself with my growing skill level. Just wait til Funtastiks...
Nick Polini

Funblog

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 17 Jul 2010 03:23

shred this week in barn, lots. i will be playing monday through friday
Bob R.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Jul 2010 05:36

I confirmed it a few times now by text and in your blog, but I'm still def down to shred this week :P I was

Today, I'm heading down to my apartment, meeting up with Zach and Tyler again. I was gonna see if Bob wanted to join, but he had plans, and I don't blame him for having a day away from stress. Darren might be coming up today to shred. We're all gonna have a stitching jam after we kick for a while. Today should be fun.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Jul 2010 10:08

This weekend was so awesome. I went up to my apartment and Zach came down to shred and stitch again. I knocked out 2 more bags. Image

Now I'm up to 3!

Zach's a professional carp fisherman too, and I've always been a fisherman, so since I showed interest, Zach took me carp fishing for my first time. Caught 3 nice sized carp. Coolest part about the trip is we set our rods up and waited around, but to pass the time, we freestyled in an open spot nearby, and we stitched bags. While we were freestyling, my rod alarm went off and poof...

I had to...

8)

Awesome weekend.
Nick Polini

Funblog

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 20 Jul 2010 13:49

Can't wait to get you into some 30s. We will have to do a over nighter somewhere an hook u up with some real monsters. Shred, fish, camp, food an stitching. Good times to come glad you had fun

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 20 Jul 2010 20:29

Dude, you know I'm down with that! We should hit up Lake Iwannahshred :P

So sick ass session with my neighbor, Jackson. He hit his first mirage and another toe> ducking toe. I was so stoked for him. I was also so stoked for myself.... I hit 2 CLIPPER> DOUBLE SPINNING TOE!!!! Not back to back, but within close proximity of one another.

Fuck yeah. They felt really nice. And I'm starting to figure out little tricks to hit them more easily.

Zach and I organized a Mini Footbag Jam at my apartment this weekend. Hopefully there's a decent turnout. "Anything Goes" Jam. Not official or anything, just thought it would be fun to hold a mini-Jam. Maybe we'll organize one that's a little bigger eventually. Anyway... Jurassic 5. That is all.
Nick Polini

Funblog

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 21 Jul 2010 04:43

i love the enthusiasm :D keep shredding and master them basics ( bops, bothsides, breathing, posture, precision and so on ) and keep up having
fun and being full of energy.
EASYKINKI

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Jul 2010 13:00

Hey thanks man, I plan on doing just that! I appreciate the compliment!

Off to have a shred session with the Rieferman, himself. Jackson might be dropping by too, and this will be his first time shredding with someone other than me.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 21 Jul 2010 14:06

SO stoked for the jam this weekend :P
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Jul 2010 17:20

Dude hell yes! Me too! Pretty good turn out so far! Looking forward to shredding with you again.

Great session with Jackson and Bob. Bob got so fast! WTF!!!! HOLY SHIT! HOLY TURDS! Anyway, yeah Bob got really fast with his game. It's ridiculous. I hit double spin again and once earlier today! Jackson is in love with footbag :)

So the "Anything Goes Jam" is gonna be held tomorrow and Friday. I'm so stoked. This is gonna be the SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT TIT TT T TT TTT TTTT TTTTT

I totally just hid the word "TIT" in that...
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Jul 2010 19:04

AWESOME!!! "Anything Goes" Jam turned out to be super sick as hell. Zach Hoffa, Tyler Adam, Nico Pasquarello, Jackson Raap, and one of the coolest parts, Mike Toolan showed up! Oddly enough, last time I saw him, he judged me during my routine at Funtastiks last year. Never actually met him before, but he's a really cool kid and great shredder. Learning from and constantly shredding with Clavens obviously pays off 8O It was such a fun 2 days though. Last night, we went to get chinese, and on the menu... what the hell do I see? A platter of chicken and vegetables that was called "Dragon & Phoenix"... and of course I bought it. Zach snot rocketted into his chinese food by accident, we shredded under the light of a walmart, next to some chicks selling drugs, Zach jumped into a shopping cart and crashed into a curb and fell into a sharp bush and had a huge cut. He did this all in front of a security camera. That kid's crazy! Such a cool dude though. Everyone that went to the jam was really cool and we had a lot of great shred sessions these past 2 days. I was hitting double spins like it was my job... but it was my first week at the new job. They look good though and I can pull them out of my sleeve in normal shred now. Another awesome part was that we couldn't get to sleep last night so we played with my flame bag. SOO FUNNN. But holy shit, Anything Goes Jam was the first Jam I've ever held, and it was really fun and successful. There will be more on the way.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Jul 2010 09:01

So last night I had a really good shred session with Nick Pasquarello in his driveway. Haven't kicked with him in a long while, and he's really improved! He's hitting atomic sets now and he got a lot better with spins and spinning legovers and whatnot. He's getting pretty damn close to whirr and swilrs. Very cool to see such improvement from him. Last night was like a breakthrough session for me... Highlights:

:arrow: Got my stepping clippers back!
:arrow: Stepping Mirage!
:arrow: Stepping Legover!
:arrow: Stepping Pickup!
:arrow: Stepping Pendulum!!!
:arrow: xbd sole stall> opp rake
:arrow: xbd sole stall> opp legover

I'm getting so much better with stepping sets, it's amazing! When I started playing footbag, I never thought I'd ever get as good as I am now. It's really great to feel and see my progression!
Nick Polini

Funblog

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 25 Jul 2010 23:22

Props. I love stepping set, i hit some more stuff other than legover out of it this weekend too, including the elusive (to me) Ripwalk. Ive been finding flip stepping easier than flip pixie.

Race you to Ripped Warrior? :D
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Jul 2010 12:21

Haha for the hell of it, you're on dude. I never expected to hit ripped warrior when I started playing, but then again, I never expected to hit any of the shit I'm hitting these days.

I had an awesome drill/ shred session with Zach yesterday. We both killed it so hard. EXCELLENT SESSION. Tons of new tricks. Highlights:

:arrow: Dimwalk
:arrow: Pendulous RTW> Rake
:arrow: Flapper> Ducking Toe
:arrow: Flying Flapper
:arrow: REVERSE SWIRLING DRAGON!!!!
:arrow: Xbd Sole Stall> Sole Tap> Sole Tap> ss Clipper
:arrow: Reverse Swirling ss Rake
:arrow: Reverse Swirling Xbd Sole Stall
:arrow: Xbd Sole Stall> Sole Tap> Flapper> Ducking Toe
:arrow: Pixie> ss Xbd sole
:arrow: Xbd sole stall > (I don't know what it's called, but when the bag drops onto your foot with no need to give into your stalling foot) No-Cushion Opp. Toe (?)
:arrow: I GOT A SICK ASS DOUBLE SPIN ON TAPE!!!!
:arrow: Can finally drill xbd sole stalls both sides fairly well

We seriously kicked ass. Zach's now got his pixies perfect on both sides! We're really learning a lot from each other. We're gonna keep shredding together, especially during the year, and try to get as good as possible. And I just finished my 4th bag!

"Dis forf bag has a very boring..."
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Jul 2010 19:27

So I gave the forth bag to my best friend, Leon. He named it "Rhino" after I told him I put a rhinoceros horn in the center of it and put it in a grocery bag so he could go shopping while playing footbag and poaching... like I said, he's my best friend... we're weird as fuck when you leave us in the same room for a while. The strangest shit will come out of our conversations. Anyway...

I gave him the bag, he loved it, the size, the shape, the whole bag entirely. We shredded with it a bit ago. I hit some cool new things like:

:arrow: Spin> Reverse Spinning Toe
:arrow: Osis> Rev-Up
:arrow: Gyro> toe stall
:arrow: Spinning rake
:arrow: Pixie> Career Ender
:arrow: Under-Jaw Stall> Legover
:arrow: Another Double spin 8)

Leon, on the other hand was on fire... He's got the nuttiest most unusual style I've ever seen and he's just starting to get into freestyle, so he's not even that good yet, but the fact that his style has already started to develop is amazing. He's almost got a very "stand-up comedian" style. That's how I would describe it. He actually had me laughing at some of the goofy-looking, fun tricks he created. I can't even name some of the shit he was hitting, nor can I describe some of them but I'll try:

:arrow: Toe stall> sideways rake> opp sideways rake> sideways rake> opp sideways rake (while spinning in a circle)
:arrow: inside stall> double legover> outside stall
:arrow: inside stall> opp knee spike> inside stall
:arrow: inside stall> stallberger with the outside of the upper foot smooshing the bag (?)
:arrow: heel pincher (same thing as a pincher/squeeze, but with the foot bending backwards (sole bending towards the calf), pinching the bag)
:arrow: Hopover> Rev. Hopover
:arrow: High in the air toe set far in front of him> brings his leg backwards and forwards while scuffing the ground twice> catches bag in a n opp toe 8O

It's really interesting to shred with Leon, because I get so many cool ideas and we both get ideas from each other and put our own spins on them. Leon is hopefully going to Funtastiks, so you East Coasters better be prepared to see some of the weirdest, funny shred you've ever seen. Now that he has a good bag to use, he said he's going to be shredding a lot more often :D
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 27 Jul 2010 16:31

As one could assume, after 4 days of a shitload of new tricks and nonstop shredding, you really aren't positive whether or not you still have legs. So, today, after work and calc, I grabbed a chair and table and stitched while watching Jackson and some neighborhood kids shred out front of my house. Jackson's the only one who shredded, and it was kinda cool as hell to see him trying to teach the other kids how to toe stall and stuff. He really likes to yell at them for little mess-ups that he used to do all the time. Constructive criticism FTW. Zach stitched me a new bag today, and after I make this next one that I just started, I'm gonna stitch him one in return. Just hope it'll be as good as the one he made me. Can't wait til my legs heal... NEED... TO... FOOTBAG............... (*dies from lack of shred*) We used to call the high school roof, "Hacky Sack Heaven".
Nick Polini

Funblog