F.A.T.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 08 Aug 2010 22:45

I'm back, and back in action. As I'm sure y'all know, Thursday sessions are on the go, but I was wondering if any of the fine shredders from the GTA would be interested in some weekend shred in the near future?

My footbag goal for the next month is to get an apartment with an indoor shred space somewhere in the building. This would do more for my game than about anything else. :P

Highlights?

Not much yet as the rust is still coming off from planting, but my consistency is the best its ever been after a season of treeplanting. I'm feeling limber and ready to push my game once more. Good things in the future. :D

P.s. Is there anyone out there who could sell me a new bag?
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 09 Aug 2010 15:54

I'd recommend brianbear. He has a thread in the For Sale section, and is currently just pumping out excellent bags that he allows you to basically fully customize! Adam, you saw mine. They were exactly what I asked for.

Erik: I'd like to talk to you soon about what raw materials I'll need to start stitching myself! I'm really excited!
Joshua Lackey
"Class is what I do during my Footbag breaks"
Challenge me! Toronto/FAT Footblog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 12 Aug 2010 04:52

Toronto!!!!

Hey guys, can someone, anyone, please call me any time shred is going on¿ (keyboard wont do normal symbols question mark..)

416-908-8157

Thanks!

Also, please text me your numbers! I will play if you invite me!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 12 Aug 2010 18:05

We just had a session today.
It was me, Adam, and Josh. Just like the good old days!
I didn't see any of these messages beforehand. I forgot to bring stitching stuff, and I would have told Tom!

Josh was talking next Wednesday.
My cell number is:
It's long distance for me to call outside of Ajax, though >____< I don't know why!

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 13 Aug 2010 06:51

Are there still going to be regular York sessions? I don't mind getting out to Yonge+Dundas every once in a while but my attendance there will be pretty thin.

Erik, happy to hear you're back in the area! Look forward to seeing you whenever you're in T.o again. (However I'm currently scheduled out of town on Wednesdays)
Andrew Langstaff

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 16 Aug 2010 14:07

Tom - It looks like Yonge and Dundas has lately been pretty much every Thursday. Depending on whether you use GO or drive, maybe York U would be easier for you. Are you a member of the FAT group on Facebook, and do you use Facebook often? I send out (usually) weekly messages about sessions there. If you prefer a text, I can do that too!

Andrew - It looks like Thursdays might be taken over by downtown... but I'd love to do maybe like every other Tuesday or something at York if that works for you!

So are we all getting together this Saturday for what would have been the Matt Cross Jam?
Joshua Lackey

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 24 Aug 2010 15:36

Matt Cross jam (sans Matt Cross) fizzled out...
Boo. It was raining hard though.
So I played indoors.

There was a small session today at York University, my old stomping ground in footbag and actually, the site of the rebirth of my enthusiasm for the sport. I played with Andrew, Liam, and Adrian.

I haven't played with Adrian in about 4 or more years. He got my facebook mass message about the FAT session, and randomly showed up.
I love it when things like that happen, and it also makes the messages I've been sending out recently feel really worthwhile, especially since he brought someone else, and they both might play more often!

Also making me feel REALLY good right now is giving Liam tips, as he is just starting. Now... my form is by no means perfect, but I seem to be able to give Liam tips that have an almost immediate positive effect on his form and consistency.
I'm really proud that he is keeping at it and is taking direction so well. He will be one to watch.

Andrew is the person that is almost solely responsible for my reignited passion for footbag. Right now he is playing fairly often, but feels that it is counterproductive to his newest interest, bodybuilding/weightlifting... I'm not sure which is more accurate to what he is doing. Although it makes me sort of sad for him to be playing less, I really appreciate his new passion, and otherwise find him to be an engaging and interesting person to be around.

Sigh... good times. The weather was beautiful today, I mean really, perfect for playing.
Joshua Lackey

SnowBlindSloth
Fearless

Post by SnowBlindSloth » 27 Aug 2010 19:12

Session on Sunday at St. Lawrence Market at Buskerfest. Should be wild.
Alex Venis

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 27 Aug 2010 19:49

Where's St. Lawrence Market?
(Also, cool! I wanted to check out Buskerfest. Anyone know if Jorden is gonna be performing?)

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 28 Aug 2010 00:09

Nope. I'm in Germany at the moment.

JM
Jorden Moir

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 28 Aug 2010 04:37

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF ... 16&iwloc=A

It will likely be better this way for anyone who is coming from out of town, as it's a short walk from Union station!

Anyway, I'm off for my first anniversary getaway with my beautiful wife Nicole in Niagara Falls. Happy Birthday, Alex. I know FAT will treat you right!
Joshua Lackey

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 30 Aug 2010 07:37

Hey thanks for the kind words there Josh, you're a good man.

It was great seeing everyone at Alex's birthday jam yesterday! I hope your birthday was swell dude.
Andrew Langstaff

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 30 Aug 2010 11:10

How did it go yesterday? Who all was there and how much fun was it?
I'm sorry I missed it, but was there in spirit!
Joshua Lackey

Langstaff
Multidex Master

Post by Langstaff » 30 Aug 2010 12:01

Adam Greenwood, Erik Chan, Cassy Taylor, Jay Boychuck, the European guy who is really good at footbag (I'm sorry if you're reading this man, I can't recall your name :roll: ) the birthday boy Alex Venis of course, and myself. There was another Andrew that was there at first I dunno if he footbagged or not though.

But yeah, t'was lots of fun! I'm not sure what sort of wild partying those guys got into after footbag, Cassy and I left around 6ish, but naturally it was a good time.
Andrew Langstaff

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 30 Aug 2010 15:26

Sounds like it was awesome!

Andrew, will you be down for footbag tomorrow? I am going to be at York tomorrow at 3:30 for the normal session!
Joshua Lackey

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 02 Sep 2010 16:17

Yay.

Tuesday sessions are now a regular, scheduled occurrence at York University. 3:30pm! Be there when you can!

So I'd love to put together a session in Oshawa the weekend before KICKASS3, sort of a primer and all-round fun time.
Everyone tell me you'll be there!

I played with Erik today and it was fun. I felt some two-way inspiration going on and if you ask me, that's about as good as it gets for a two-man session. Thanks Erik!
Joshua Lackey

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 02 Sep 2010 17:20

Tuesdays eh?

Sounds good...if you make them a little later I can make it.

Pre-KICKASS-Oshawa trip sounds great. East enders? Where/when?

Also...
Anyone want to shred over the weekend? I'll be playing on saturday, sunday and monday, and wouldn't mind some company.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Sep 2010 08:53

How is everyone getting to Kingston?

I would looove to get in on some carpool action!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 03 Sep 2010 11:18

Megabus has some cheap rates, so that's how I'm getting to KICKASS

As for an Oshawa session, between work and school I'm not sure how much time I'll have. Maybe something can be arranged a little closer to the date though.

Lackey82
Fearless

Post by Lackey82 » 08 Sep 2010 16:16

Sooo....

York University Tuesdays are now happening regularly starting at 3:30pm every week! I'm really excited, as we have resurrected at least 3 players from the footbag grave to come and play each week, and it feels like some of the weight is off me to organize them, because they will now happen whether I am there or not!

On a similar vein, I sometimes feel like nothing has been happening in FAT lately unless I organize it... while this by no means should be taken to say that I am feeling overworked, it does mean that I'd LOVE more people to take the initiative and decide that they will be at a certain place at a certain time to play footbag, and invite others to join them! ANYONE can get a session going, and I can personally say that I will be at any and all of them if I can humanly get there.

OSHAWA session. Sept 18th. This is FAT's chance to get a training session in before KICKASS3. If you need a ride, let me know and I will see what I can do. Toronto people, Eastern GTA people, speak up and tell me you'll be there!
Joshua Lackey