Honza: Freestyle on Fire

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Honza: Freestyle on Fire

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 22 Mar 2012 14:02

Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Mar 2012 19:23

Wow...and Honza had the nerve to call ME a narcissist? :lol:

The fire tricks were cool. I kinda didn't see the point of the models and the explosions, or having your name written in fire. It's like a 12 year old's fantasy footbag video. :roll:

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 22 Mar 2012 20:49

I agree with Ken but I thought it was awesome anyway.

Very cool video, Honza.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Mar 2012 21:18

1) Fuck yeah to the mountain lion cub on a chain
2) Firey name structure should have said "Weber, Milan, and Some Other Guy"
3) Did they just purchase prostitutes with that cash?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 23 Mar 2012 00:57

No Ken, I call you loser :roll: you have never achieved anything and did not help anyone... silly and envious comments is all you can do..

My vid is obviously a promo video focused on general public trying to promote both sports in a funny and entertaining way so normal people could still watch it without being bored - it is a short movie, we are all actors there - I did not do the storyline and I had a director there who told me what to do - I am not sure if you could even understand movie concept, but try to go to cinema sometimes ;)

If you only put all this negative energy into something worth-doing - try for example to promote the sport as well, but I guess that would be too much to ask from you, so keep sitting behind your computer, you do this well ;)
I am glad the era of people like you is gone.. so enjoy your last bits!

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 23 Mar 2012 04:18

Hi Honza,

I think you should watch with the personal attacks. Culturally, from an east coast, American standpoint, your video is hysterical but not for the reasons intended. It scans as several bad clichés rolled into one. Personally, I am not sure that the target audience of fire-loving, hummer-tolerating, women-objectifying football players is where the sport really needs to go.

Having been to multiple jams that Ken has helped organize (in some cases run himself), and having known him through footbag since the 90's, I can tell you with full confidence that it seems your response comes across as not only reactionary but misinformed. It seems as though you have very little respect for this forum and you come across as quite arrogant. That is just my opinion as a moderator on this forum. One that is puzzled by your behavior- especially as someone who should be using their title for positive purposes and community in mind.

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 23 Mar 2012 05:19

Well... haters are gonna hate :) what more can I say..

DubleDex
Shredaholic

Post by DubleDex » 23 Mar 2012 05:38

If you're gonna do something over-the-top... then go over-the-top!

This is entertaining and fun to watch. It has some fun footbag and football freestyle. It has girls. It features fire prominently. It is, without a doubt, bat-sh*t crazy. And I'm guessing it's supposed to be.

I particularly like the doubles shredding. The all black outfits with white bags makes that a very striking visual. And the synchronized timing is crazy good.

I'm not sure what a movie critic would say, but I give it two thumbs up.

(And as for the name in fire... seriously, who WOULDN'T do that given the chance? Heck, I'm considering doing that in my backyard just for fun tonight, no cameras or nothin'. Just for me!)
Darren Kautz
Kicking since 1991

Junior
BSOS Beast

Post by Junior » 23 Mar 2012 06:03

Hello, Honza, i`m surely can`t call myself a hater to anyone, but this video isn`t really worth the means you used like expensive cars or girls, whatever. I think that the ideology of sport has been completely lost, wrong step. And it wasn`t so good to say such a words to anyone, just take this critique for yourself and make some conclusions personally for you.
20 years old...
Still hope to be some good;)

Andrey Dyakonov

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 23 Mar 2012 06:31

people need to recognize a farce when they see one, you are all taking this to seriously. Even if Honza means this video in a serious way, the pure absurdity and humor of a tiger cub, hummers, and models in a footbag video sells the video! I mean It's like machete. Yes it's an entertaining action movie, but the main reason it's popular is because it's a b-movie intended to be a b-movie as a form of entertainment. And I think Honza had every right to be mad, he obviously put in a lot of hard work in for this video and having someone leave snarky comments would be aggravating for anyone.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjy_7haflaM[/youtube]
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

Milan
Shredalicious

Post by Milan » 23 Mar 2012 06:33

ken is a very nice person

[I may have had too much fun with that one... - Zac]

jeffmudd6
Hack Fiend

Post by jeffmudd6 » 23 Mar 2012 06:36

This video is awesome. Two world champions using a flaming footbag. That anybody thought poorly of this makes me worried.

I'm glad that the world champion has put so much interest into promoting the sport. I've seen what you've been doing with footbag, and it deserves some recognition. Unfortunately, there is a lot of negative energy in this thread. I'm sorry to see that the footbag community has had such a negative reaction to your efforts. But I personally enjoyed it very much. Thanks for your continuing contribution to the sport, Honza.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Mar 2012 06:47

Webslinger wrote:No Ken, I call you loser :roll: you have never achieved anything and did not help anyone... silly and envious comments is all you can do..
Milan wrote:ken is a very nice person
Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the 2010 and 2011 Footbag World Champions! Keep making us proud. :roll:

I stand by my opinions in my first post: I liked the fire tricks, but I thought the concept of the video was silly. I'm not going to respond to any of the personal attacks, cause I don't see the point of a flame war. I also don't think I could make anybody look any worse than they've made themselves appear with their comments already.

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 23 Mar 2012 06:52

C-Fan wrote:
Webslinger wrote:No Ken, I call you loser :roll: you have never achieved anything and did not help anyone... silly and envious comments is all you can do..
Milan wrote:ken is gay
Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the 2010 and 2011 Footbag World Champions! Keep making us proud. :roll:

I stand by my opinions in my first post: I liked the fire tricks, but I thought the concept of the video was silly. I'm not going to respond to any of the personal attacks, cause I don't see the point of a flame war. I also don't think I could make anybody look any worse than they've made themselves appear with their comments already.
this isn't a corporation of professionals in the public eye, this is a footbag forum. We're not all professionals attempting to keep a good look. If someone posts some silly criticism that ignores the obvious point I say make fun of them. This is the internet, it's fun, why the hell would they want to be professional towards those comments?
im connor payne

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 23 Mar 2012 06:53

" It's like a 12 year old's fantasy footbag video. " is that a bad thing? Isn't it the perfect age to start playing.

I am bit torn here, I liked the video but I also like Kanye West and shitty action movies. On the other hand I feel like this video is 90% promoting Honza and 10% promoting footbag, not that there is anything wrong with that, I just feel your selfrighteous attitude gets super annoying.

As I see it both Ken and Honza has done a lot for the sport. We are all on the same team - remember that.

The haters gonna hate video is amazing though.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 23 Mar 2012 08:50

C-Fan wrote:Wow...and Honza had the nerve to call ME a narcissist? :lol:
you say you don't want a flame war, buuut
you were asking for it with a first response like that, ken :twisted:
i would consider that a backhanded slap in the face if I were Honza, and react accordingly.

edit: accordingly may not have been the right word choice, as Honza's reaction was over the top. negatively would be a better word choice.

Both of you have contributed a lot to the sport in my eyes.

Anyways, I love this video. Great job making it happen, and I hope it will bring you some extra gigs and/or other short film opportunities :)

PIMPIN ain't easy.
Last edited by brianbear on 23 Mar 2012 11:21, edited 2 times in total.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 23 Mar 2012 09:38

I liked it! It was phat!

Milan you crack me up bro!

:lol:
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 23 Mar 2012 15:33

nm
Last edited by cd on 26 Mar 2012 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
chris dean

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 24 Mar 2012 23:48

brianbear wrote:
C-Fan wrote:Wow...and Honza had the nerve to call ME a narcissist? :lol:
you say you don't want a flame war, buuut
you were asking for it with a first response like that, ken :twisted:
i would consider that a backhanded slap in the face if I were Honza, and react accordingly.

edit: accordingly may not have been the right word choice, as Honza's reaction was over the top. negatively would be a better word choice.

Both of you have contributed a lot to the sport in my eyes.

Anyways, I love this video. Great job making it happen, and I hope it will bring you some extra gigs and/or other short film opportunities :)

PIMPIN ain't easy.

lol @ people censoring others posts with their opinions...

EERRBODY hatin out here. and goin keep hatin, cause if we do... WE WILL WIN THE INTERNETS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtrjhpvbKA[/youtube]
im connor payne

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Mar 2012 07:37

thedudeman wrote:lol @ people censoring others posts with their opinions...
Wait, you think the mods altered Brian's post? :lol: And that when they did, they decided to add the words "edit," and put the whole edit in italics? :lol: Cause that would totally be the smoothest way to pull a fast one over on modified.

You know Brian's in your club...you should ask him what he thinks about The Man messing with his posts. :roll:

Or there are other ways to reduce your paranoia.