Honza: Freestyle on Fire

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 25 Mar 2012 07:41

Hey guys,

I enjoyed watching this. I think that we need to applaud anyone who puts energy into this sport - no matter how that energy manifests itself. Whether it is hosting a tournament, joining the circus, or making a video like this, I am happy that there are players who have chosen to dedicate time, energy, and money to whatever vision they have. The sport is too small for us to not get along.

The only thing that I wish was included was a link to www.footbag.org. I think that is a key inclusion on any promotion we do - it is the one place where we can send people for a truly polished and professional experience. Honza's site is great- I really like it - but for someone learning, I think it might be a bit hard to find beginner information. As mentioned above, this is more focused around promoting Honza - which is fine, but I just hope this video can channel those who want to learn to the proper resources.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

David
david

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 25 Mar 2012 08:59

As the title say, Honza is really on fire :twisted: .

I think they tried to make the video look badass and profound, but kinda fail..
The girls aren't that pretty either even with make up. However, freestylers are just doing their things just like in any other videos, it is the director's responsibility to make it look good.

Btw 12 years old fantasy can look good too, the pokemon freestyler were one of them. :D

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=22869
It seems like the video got deleted, what happened?
kungho

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 25 Mar 2012 10:12

C-Fan wrote:
thedudeman wrote:lol @ people censoring others posts with their opinions...
Wait, you think the mods altered Brian's post? :lol: And that when they did, they decided to add the words "edit," and put the whole edit in italics? :lol: Cause that would totally be the smoothest way to pull a fast one over on modified.

You know Brian's in your club...you should ask him what he thinks about The Man messing with his posts. :roll:

Or there are other ways to reduce your paranoia.
I guess we both made assumptions here, except mine are founded on seeing it done before in this same thread, and all over modified.

and yours are from my appearances and behavior last time you saw me, I'm sober you penis, and have been for quite some time.
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

Milan
Shredalicious

Post by Milan » 25 Mar 2012 11:12

we are badass
footbag is a lot of fun
ken you have signed the ticket to worlds.. cant wait to see you :wink:

[I'm not editing things for the fun of it - there are a few banned words on the forum, and Milan chose to use one of them. - Zac]

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 25 Mar 2012 12:29

hey guys, stop this war, i agree with david :
david wrote: I think that we need to applaud anyone who puts energy into this sport - no matter how that energy manifests itself.

Webslinger
BSOS Beast

Post by Webslinger » 25 Mar 2012 13:06

Lot to answer, but I will not since I could be talking about the video for hours and it would still make no difference for some :)

One thing made me laugh though - the girls are not pretty? :) well, it is true I told them no make up since I did not want any sweet dolls in there, but I am sorry, the main girl is Czech celebrity model Hana Maslikova (look her up in Google and tell me she is not pretty again :) ) I have pictures with the long hair on my website and the last blonde!? Well, I would not tell her no :) I mean no critique in style, but maybe you have different standards then :)

But first of all I am glad some people want the sport to expand and get recognisable (which is obviously not gonna happen by videos with shirtless sweaty people or maybe it will or already has, but is that the right direction? :) I really hope not!) and I appreciate some people still have a good sense for humor and understand exxageration :)
By the way there should really be thumbs up and thumbs down button here!

It is good you edit the posts from bad words, there is soooo much people visiting here and they might freak out by sports people saying something like that 8O Close to disaster, good move in there - back to communism! Make the main colour of the forum red...

Yeah.. the good thing about Worlds is you meet the people you "miss" the whole year again and "tell" them how much you really "love" them :D

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Mar 2012 14:01

Again to clarify: nobody edited Bear's post; he edited it himself.
Milan wrote: ken you have signed the ticket to worlds.. cant wait to see you :wink:
Webslinger wrote:
Yeah.. the good thing about Worlds is you meet the people you "miss" the whole year again and "tell" them how much you really "love" them :D
:?

Alex Dworetzky
Shredaholic

Post by Alex Dworetzky » 25 Mar 2012 15:32

i liked the video a lot! all the comments got derailed by kens first post, but who cares, pretty sure if ken bothers you that much you can choose to block him and not have to read or see any of his posts! Just a thought for all the intense haters... emoticon emoticon

the girls should have been in bikinis and they should have wrestled the baby tiger in jello. Nice work Honza, one of the best videos ever!
Alex Dworetzky
Member of the Stanford University Footbag Club (SUFC)

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 25 Mar 2012 15:46

david wrote:
The sport is too small for us to not get along.

The only thing that I wish was included was a link to www.footbag.org.
+1
Paulo Castro

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 25 Mar 2012 16:57

Ok guys, chill with the threats and useless attacks. If you want to discuss the video, that's great. Not everyone has to like it, and the makers (of all videos) need to realize that.

If this thread degenerates any further into personal attacks, it will be locked. That would be a shame for such an interesting video.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 25 Mar 2012 20:35

I would say overall I liked the vid. I do think that there are some awkward moments that seemed kind of out of place to me. But it is a cool video and we need to present ourselves as a sport better. I don't think this is exactly what we need but it is going in the right direction. To me it seems you were just off nailing it, so it's time to lay it down. I hope you guys take an honest look at some of the criticism and come back with the ultimate video. Things seemed to have gotten pretty heated back there but don't just discount the criticism because you're angry. Be a champ.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 25 Mar 2012 20:49

Whatever the opinion is about the video, i don't think their are many ppl that work as hard as Honza does to promote footbag. And whatever the opinion, only for trying so hard and being so professionnel at it, Honza deserve major props.

That's only my opinion.

I personnly enjoy the video, i posted a more detailled comment about that on facebook!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Mar 2012 22:13

The personal attacks don't bother me as much as people saying that the Feliforme is a tiger... You're all wrong. It's a fucking Mountain Lion. That was my MAIN problem with this thread :P

I just read this whole thread and it mad me laugh, especially the edit of Milan's post to "Ken is a very nice person" lol Chris's Ren and Stimpy video made me crack up too.

One thing that bothers me about the Footbag on Fire video, is that in the beginning, it introduces Honza, but not Milan or the other guy who clearly isn't as awesome because he can't footbag and can only kick a basketball around. I feel like Milan and the other guy got jipped and the video seems to say "Honza is really the only one in this that matters and he's the best, the other guys are just sidekicks helping him look good" and I think Milan is way better than just a sidekick helping someone else look good... that other guy with the basketball can be a sidekick, whatever, that's fine. But I just saw a little bit of belittling in this video.

This video would have been sick to promote Flipsider when it was still around. If I saw this video when I was younger but instead of "Weber", it said "Flipsider.com" in the fire writing, I would have been SO EFFING SOLD.

This is definitely a cool video, but I think it was used in the wrong way. Rather than to promote one person, I wish it would have promoted our whole sport and directed new players to a sick place with awesome videos they could learn off of that made footbag look really awesome... Like Flipsider (R.I.P.)

Edit: Also:
C-Fan wrote:
Wait, you think the mods altered Brian's post? :lol: And that when they did, they decided to add the words "edit," and put the whole edit in italics? :lol: Cause that would totally be the smoothest way to pull a fast one over on modified.

You know Brian's in your club...you should ask him what he thinks about The Man messing with his posts. :roll:

Or there are other ways to reduce your paranoia.
None of that was cool. Although I don't smoke pot anymore, I still respect our players who do and I'm not gonna single them out because of it.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

ThisIsFate
Multidex Master

Post by ThisIsFate » 25 Mar 2012 23:29

My last post might sound a bit negative, but I actually enjoy all the freestyle. About the girls, I watched the video again and I still think the girls are so-so, except the one in black jacket standing in front. :P
kungho

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 26 Mar 2012 02:10

Webslinger wrote:... the main girl is Czech celebrity model Hana Maslikova (look her up in Google and tell me she is not pretty again
I looked her up...she is very sexy. VERY sexy.

Honza, great vid, great work, great stuff!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 26 Mar 2012 05:05

TJ knows his ladies. She would even get a decent score on the boob-o-meter.

AlekseyV
Shredalicious

Post by AlekseyV » 26 Mar 2012 06:30

anyway girls aren't pretty :D

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 26 Mar 2012 12:49

that was funny as hell. more footbag videos should look like early 2000's vin diesel film trailers. great job.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 26 Mar 2012 13:05

I don't see how this is anything other than awesome. so cool, so funny. I bet you had a great time making this.

I do agree about linking to footbag.org though.

Kimbe.
Multidex Master

Post by Kimbe. » 26 Mar 2012 15:28

Clearly a lot of time and effort was put into this project. In my six years playing footbag and watching videos I can't recall seeing a promo-vid of this calibre. How can you not see the underlying humour in this video?

As for the video promoting Honza and not footbag.org, I don't see the problem. The word footbag is right in the title anyways, and at least I get very beginner-friendly sources for a "footbag" search on google (footbag.org being one of them).

All in all I enjoyed the video. Good job!
Kim Berg