2015 Joulukalenteri

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
boyle
Post Master General

2015 Joulukalenteri

Post by boyle » 28 Oct 2015 05:45

Hi all

As discussed on the Facebook group, I am planning on running this year's calendar. With a little help from Allan we should be able to have this calendar style we have seen in previous years.

https://modified.in/joulukalenteri/2012/

Of course I will be looking for some videos for the calendar and am thinking of a few special additions for the month.

If you are interested in submitting something, contact me via pm or email (boyle@footbag.org or a message on Facebook.

Nobody has any of the spots yet, so if you are after a day in particular, let me know. Looking forward to keeping this tradition up, December is always a really great month for footbag.

UPDATE: https://modified.in/joulukalenteri/2015/
Last edited by Allan on 26 Dec 2015 12:00, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added link to this years calendar layout

boyle
Post Master General

Re: 2015 Joulukalenteri

Post by boyle » 30 Nov 2015 15:35

Hello everyone

I am very excited to present the 2015 Joulukalenteri, following in the footsteps of some great previous editions.

We have had some great contributions so far, but there still are some spaces available if you would like to contribute something.

Here you can find the calendar intro, which is all a bit silly, but should give you the impression that this calendar is not coming from any White Christmas etc.
A little not on process. Allan is doing the calendar style again, so that will be active from tonight Canadian time. I will also be posting each video on the Sport/Life website - http://www.sportslashlife.com

Those videos will be posted at midnight Chilean time, which is probably a bit more in line with times around the rest of the world than here in Australia.

I will also post the videos here in this thread and on the Freestyle Footbaggers Facebook group, and like last year, copy in the feedback. There will be a link of the day again, it will probably have more of a steady buildup and hopefully that gets more people involved. I will be posting those links on my personal Instagram (@boylefootbag) and on the Sport/Life website, as well as here on Modified.

I really hope everyone enjoys the calendar. Thanks to everyone involved, and especially thanks to Allan for setting up the calendar function.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 30 Nov 2015 17:01

Presenting the first video of the 2015 Joulukalenteri. This is going to be posted on Modified a bit earlier as a treat for those who contribute to this great community, and maybe show it's not so "dead" after all.

You may have just seen a post on the Facebook group from Mads Hole saying that he will give the traditional calendar the space it deserves, and after his awesome efforts this year, I wanted to open up the calendar with something from Mads.

It's a solo session from Danish champion Mathias "Matrix" Blau. Each video is going to have a bit of a backstory posted on www.sportslashlife.com so you can read there for a bit more info. I really enjoy the style of Mathias, such a fast mover and just has precision in the legs. Hopefully he will keep improving after a bit of injury trouble this year.
Enjoy this first video and the many more to come.

:arrow: inside stall>outside stall or around the world>legover are the options for the links of the day today. That will have its own thread though.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 30 Nov 2015 17:14

Dang so good.
Thanks so much Matthias and Daniel!
The thing that stood out to me the most was the forquelift at 1:43 -- looked way too effortless!

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 30 Nov 2015 18:03

:D

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 30 Nov 2015 18:13

Yay!

Off to a great start.

Thanks!

Allan

Post by Allan » 30 Nov 2015 20:41

https://modified.in/joulukalenteri/2015/

It's still rough around the edges, and I'm really unsure how I feel about the video background; it's probably too much. Thoughts?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Nov 2015 22:19

...And we're off!

Great first day! It doesn't even look like Matthias cares that he's doing so many contacts of Rubberman at the end. That's insane. He's barely trying. Talk about minimal effort. Crapwow. And I noticed that first place winning Sick 1, Zipper Stepping Ducking Rake. Cool stuff. I think I'll watch it again.

Thanks for this, Dan, Allan, Mads, and Matthias.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 01 Dec 2015 04:04

good start! blauskis game looks so effortless. flurry looks way to easy and so do the tons of rubbermans at the end...
Michael L.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 01 Dec 2015 04:43

A little something from Facebook.

Jasper Johansen, Ivan Iakimenko, Aleksi Airinen and 4 others like this.
Comments
Ilya Sernov
Ilya Sernov Oh yeeeeeaaaaah, it has started)

Asmus Helms
Asmus Helms Great video Mads and Mathias. And big props to you Daniel for running this and how you are running this. I love that you really use the promotional value in this! Can't wait to see more.
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Marco Hartig
Marco Hartig Dat rubberman tho... O.O very nice. Good start for the kalenteri
Like · Reply · 1 hr

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 01 Dec 2015 05:14

Hi all

This one is going to be super early here on Modified, though it has just become December 2 here in Australia.

I imagined that nobody would want to follow Mads Hole after day one, so I slotted myself in for the second day. This video is from the Narooma Jam, which I am really happy to have had a key role in setting up, and in keeping it going. It hasn't happen every year, but it has happened most years since we first did it in 2007, with lots of international guests passing through.

Narooma is a small coastal town, about an hour away from where I grew up. Nothing would have happened without a huge amount of support from the Cope family, who have really helped us out each year.

We were lucky to have a couple of international guests, with Juho Marjo and Chris Tristano both spending a fair bit of time here in Australia, and both being able to make the Narooma Jam.

The song is "Halo" by Machine Head, one of my favourite bands, and it worked out by coincidence to have some key parts really matching well with a few tricks.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for getting behind the first video, hope to see many more great films coming through.
(please note, the videos won't normally be this early, but I have an early start at work tomorrow, so won't be able to put the video up in a timely manner.)

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Dec 2015 07:50

Haha the benefits of using Modified. We should do a bag raffle or something some day, exclusive only to .in members. Great day #2 even though my body is on Day #1 still :P Screw it, an awesome video is an awesome video, early or not! :D Some great drills from Juho that gave me ideas. Also, great seeing a bunch of players I had no idea even existed! Hope they all keep playing. I really liked a few of their styles quite a lot. And, Dan, you threw down hard. You looked like you were right up there with Juho. Also, Chris got so much better from this point. His style change is incredible.

Good Day #2!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 01 Dec 2015 07:54

Thanks to Daniel and Allan for doing the calendar this year.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 01 Dec 2015 11:08

I think that injury for Chris may have been a blessing in disguise, his games has improved rapidly since then.

Unfortunately most of us have a lot of responsibilities these days, but getting most of the players out for something like Narooma is always great.

Thanks for the big compliment to me!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 01 Dec 2015 13:43

Happy to find two videos and an intro uploaded on Dec 1st! Matrix vid was baller. So much density and both sidedness.

Narooma Jam vid: I was yelling at my computer during some of the Juho. Void, ducking swirl drill. Vortex swirl and high planes drifter swirl run was insane. Juho's ability to hit like far butter swirl after what looks like an off balance vortex. So jealous of Chris for going to this jam. He has def gotten way better. I played with him on sunday and he hit swirling cross body rake (It looked like he was going for ripstein, but would not complete the second dex, and go for the xbody rake.

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 01 Dec 2015 23:05

Dang, juho on day 2? What's coming next? Cleavens tomorrow? :D great video from aus-champs! I really like the whole setting (the music could have been more fitting :P liked it tho!) Good to see there is still an Australian scene! Can't wait for tomorrow
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 02 Dec 2015 01:26

This footage emerges! Narooma Jam is definitely top on my list of "Best Things I Did While In Australia." Such good vibes. Definitely learned a bunch at his one.

Is it me or are Juho's symp swirls huge as f***? 8O 8O 8O

Allan

Post by Allan » 02 Dec 2015 07:01

christisgodlike wrote:Is it me or are Juho's symp swirls huge as f***? 8O 8O 8O
It ain't just you ;)

Great videos so far! Matrix's 39 contacts of Rubberman is a new world record!

Awesome to see some new footage of you, Daniel; you're rippin' it up :) And, as Nick said, it's always great to see new players I'd not seen before.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 02 Dec 2015 14:47

a world record in the first video - how good is that! Great response so far to the calendar. Plenty more still to come.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 02 Dec 2015 14:58

And here is today's action. This is a throwback to the old days. With some of these projects to archive the old VHS footage, I thought it would be great to have some of these as part of the action.

Erik Chan has submitted this copy of "Skool Daze" by Sean Wingert from 1998. There will be a couple more of these during the calendar, so you can see the whole thing below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HvLruqRmrk[/youtube]

If you don't have the time to watch a full video and all the classic fashions that come with that, Ilya Sernov has sent in a new episode of "Funny Footbag Moments"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4edHoWgY00[/youtube]

Enjoy these videos for Day 3 of the Joulukalenteri! And remember that you see the video here first on Modified :D