Do you think you'll ever be in B.A.P?

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.

Do you think you'll ever be in the BAP?

Yes
33%
I'm already in it.
33%
I'm already in it.
33%
I'm already in it.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Do you think you'll ever be in B.A.P?

Post by Posi-Cole » 07 Mar 2004 06:27

Pretty straightforward question, do you think you will ever get your game to the point where you are inducted into BAP? I don't mean by this year, or by next, just in general. By the time you finish your footbag career, do you think you will be in B.A.P.?

Personally, I don't think I will be. The game just moves too quickly, and I don't think I will ever have the time to dedicate to getting that good. However, If the game hadn't exploded the way it had in the last 10 years, I think I could make it. As in, if people were still judged the way they were in say ... 1996, then I think I'll eventually to be that level. But as we all know, doing what could get you into BAP in 96 will probably never get you into BAP in 2004 and beyond.

So... what do you think?

SeRiAl ThIlLa~
BSOS Beast

Post by SeRiAl ThIlLa~ » 07 Mar 2004 06:42

ya i think by the time i get to the point at the end of my career I will be really good. But i actually dont think i will ever be in BAP. Ya sure i would love too be in it. But i dont i will ever be THAT good to be in it.

Chris Hanratty
Mr. Jokey...Joke Maker

Post by Chris Hanratty » 07 Mar 2004 07:16

Same as Colin basically... I'm going to get good enough to compete at some point, and play a hell of a lot, but I doubt that I'll be BAP. Although it would be nice though.

rodimius
Shredaholic

Post by rodimius » 07 Mar 2004 07:18

I voted yes.
I don't suppose its all that realistic of me, but if I'd have put no, then thats pretty negative at this stage of my game.
I don't really see a limit to what I can do with a footbag at some time in the future. Eight months ago, I'd never even seen a footbag, so I had to teach myself to kick one, I never thought I'd ATW. Now I bail to butterfly. Thats quite a long way to come.
This is assuming of course that BAP stays around in something like its present form in a few years time.
My .02p
Robert Elm

richardabshire
Fearless

Post by richardabshire » 07 Mar 2004 08:02

Don't give up. It took me three years to prove my worth to BAP. Hang in there and keep pushing your level. Some of you won't find your shred game until you get to the harder moves like 5s and 6s. The standard level is rising so much faster than before, but all of new players seem to be doing quite well in that area.

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 07 Mar 2004 10:20

It seems as if three years is when people really start to be considered excellent...i'm only on my 7th month, but i'm sure after enough practice, i could possibly be in bap...

I'm only 18, so i think i have a long time to get good :D
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 07 Mar 2004 10:25

i dont think so

dblthnk84
the Bum

Post by dblthnk84 » 07 Mar 2004 10:42

I don't see why people put so much importance on being in BAP. Sure its a really cool club, but will it ruin you're life if your never even considered for it? I'd hope not. I shred for myself and hope to someday be at a level that most would associate with BAP, but if I ever get there that alone (I'd like to think...) would be enough for me. The knowledge that I good, not that others think I'm good.

Oh, well I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite because if they offered I'd accept... :roll:
________
Yamaha Libero (G5) specifications
Last edited by dblthnk84 on 06 Feb 2011 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 07 Mar 2004 11:39

dblthnk84 wrote:Sure its a really cool club, but will it ruin you're life if your never even considered for it?
No, it won't.

It's just a topic, I'm not "putting some importance" on it, I'm merely asking what people think about their own games. No need to analyze the thread for anything more than what it is.

carl winslow
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by carl winslow » 07 Mar 2004 12:54

n 8) pe!

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 07 Mar 2004 14:06

No I will never be in bap, but as long as I get to the stage where I am happy with my shredding and my style it doesnt really matter what clique I am in. The best footbagger in the world is the one having the most fun. (I also need to work on having more fun :p)
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 07 Mar 2004 16:30

I think that if I continue to practice as much as I do, I'll be at the BAP level either by July this year, or definitly at the next worlds I attend (prob 2006). However, the only way I'll get into bap is if I'm the first Australian to get inducted. If there are any other Australians that get inducted then I'll decline.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Mar 2004 16:34

rodimius wrote:I voted yes.
I don't suppose its all that realistic of me, but if I'd have put no, then thats pretty negative at this stage of my game.
I don't really see a limit to what I can do with a footbag at some time in the future. Eight months ago, I'd never even seen a footbag, so I had to teach myself to kick one, I never thought I'd ATW. Now I bail to butterfly. Thats quite a long way to come.
This is assuming of course that BAP stays around in something like its present form in a few years time.
My .02p
thats my feelings exactly, though i voted no. i KNOW there are no limits to what i can personally do. i KNOW i could hit nemesis in a month if i REALLY wanted to that badly. and i know i will be at a level some day that amazes me. i know these things. but bap is kind of a different story.

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 07 Mar 2004 17:15

Jeremy wrote: If there are any other Australians that get inducted then I'll decline.
If you don't mind me asking... why is that?

*Jethro*
Egyptian Footgod

Post by *Jethro* » 07 Mar 2004 23:56

Being 13 and at an ok level i still have tonnes of time to get better.I just need to keep up practice and confidence and i may achieve it.
Hopefully back one day.

Jesse Malouf

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Mar 2004 00:45

I think that since BAP has such a big reputation, it really should have at least one member from the southern hemisphere.

However, I really don't like the concept of BAP and have no ambitions to be a member. I know it did amazing things for the sport ten years ago, but we aren't living ten years ago anymore. You can read my opinions on it in the now locked thread about the topic, and at the similar thread at flipsider.

I no longer want to try to convert people - I have no problem with people that like bap or want to be a member, I just personally don't.

rodimius
Shredaholic

Post by rodimius » 08 Mar 2004 03:58

Slightly off topic:
One of the reasons I'd like to be in BAP is to be the first player from England to be BAPped. Am I right that there are no English players in BAP, I've never noticed any in any lists I've seen?
Robert Elm

PIMP-C
Shredaholic

Post by PIMP-C » 08 Mar 2004 08:07

never - i will forever suckass at footbag
:?
---Curtis Taylor

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 08 Mar 2004 17:37

BAP members are from:
The US, Canada, Finland, Germany, Czech Republic. I think that's about it.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 08 Mar 2004 19:16

I think the question should be changed to read, "Do you think you will ever be invited into BAP?"

Then it's a skill level thing rather than an issue with BAP themselves.

ALSO, then we could add Japan to that list. Shout out to Ken! :P
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.