!! ThomASS Worlds DVD !!

Footbag videos and footbag related videos such as takraw, freestyle soccer, etc.
wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 15 Sep 2004 02:41

I think askin 4 permission is a waste cuz everyone just says yes anyway... Whos gonna say no? You know only the playerz who didn't bust hard would be concerned about that.. Guyz who shred hard know their shit is gonna be tight so they dont trip.. I think its weak if someone asks for your permission because then they are basically saying you shit wasn't sharp. You know what i mean?

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 15 Sep 2004 02:42

errr.. I don't [know what you mean]!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 15 Sep 2004 03:05

im saying itz better to have the shredderz reppresenting hardcore and not sweat the small shit, then askin permission but then throwin up weak footy. permission doesn't mean itz gonna be a sik video in the end...

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 15 Sep 2004 03:17

no, permission only means "yes go ahead and film me and do what you wish with the footage". I don't see how it relates to "throwin up weak footy" :?
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 15 Sep 2004 03:32

cuzz ive seen people throw up weak footy before even after askin permission. example UQAM 98 showed some weak ass clips of BIG ADD he didn't like. We joked around about it but at that point permission dont mean jack. edit: I didn't like my shit on churney and friendz either. I didn't even hit anything it was wak.
Last edited by wicked on 15 Sep 2004 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 15 Sep 2004 03:41

hehe
I always love reading my posts the next morning :?
Thomass is one cool dude, I just vent in wierd ways.

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 15 Sep 2004 03:59

shreddaily wrote:hehe
I always love reading my posts the next morning :?
? its nightime and were both on tha west coast. unless your in a polar dimensional universe you just read that shit now bro. :lol:

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 15 Sep 2004 07:59

i quit...

jj but it does suck to read all this stuff, all i was reading about was how everyone wanted to see worlds footage. So i went through the 13 hours of footage that i had...i didnt want to edit all that shit. I was moving to a new state, getting setup in school, i was in houston for 2 weeks, i DROVE to tx a day after i drove back to VA from montreal.

And just so everyone knows how rich ryan thomas is getting...i have sold 3 copies!!! yey. and i sent out a couple others to some friends that helped me out in montreal.

And i have been sending out 2 dvd's to everyone that has ordered...so thats 2 hours of editied worlds footage for your viewing pleasure. So thats me beggin for rides to Best Buy, buying the dvd's, buying the cases, makin the covers, buyin all the shit to send them out, setting my alarm for every 2 hours so i could wake up and start to burn another copy, set up a paypal account, walk my ass to the post office and mail them , watching each dvd to see if they work, testing them in diff palyers, and figuring out how this college stuff works. There is no profit being made...i am actually in the hole, thats alright though.

I didnt ask permission to use the footage in a video but i did usually ask the circle if i could tape them. so...if you want a copy cool , if you dont thats cool too...why is that big deal?

I'm gonna hide away in tx for then next couple of years...get a tan, and do my thanggg.

and whoever thinks they deserve a free copy - email me.( i-d be happy to send out a copy to whoever i mentioned in my previous posts) i'm really not a bad guy here folks ...just another skinny white one hit wonder falling into footbag history...ahhahha thats a good one. I'm off to math class..YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i love math ! lol

oh thanks windsor
Ryan Thomas

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 Sep 2004 10:11

yo RT,

I'm in total disagreement with Nate's drunken post. the fact that we have a double DVD made of the most off the hook footbag event EVER that happened 6 weeks ago is beautiful. If you didn't put a lot of time into editing, all the better. I can't stand lots of editing because it delays the footage so much. This DVD is ideal to me; quick release, LONG (better on DVDs than tapes because of chapters), awesome shred, and some of my songs are on it ;) $20 isn't too much to pay, especially for a DOUBLE film. Don't get disheartened, Ryan. we know you're putting a lot of work into this, and I, for one, REALLY appreciate it. Me and Paul are really psyched to get my copy. I'll post a review once I get it.

m
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 15 Sep 2004 10:17

My cash flow is in the hole right now so I gotta wait till payday to order mine but I'm definaltly gonna one, it sounds cool.

Thanks for the hard work and money you put into it.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 15 Sep 2004 10:29

Greedy little ryan thomas is living like a fatcat off his mad profits i heard. go back and re-read his last post, it's totally obvious his keyboard is made of ivory, what a pampered pussy.

Only 13 hours? I could go through that in like.. three weeks easy.

Stop being such a fucking baby you douche.

you should put in countless hours of work and DO NOT expect a fucking thank you or a damn cent from me.

ps. send me a movie
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 15 Sep 2004 10:40

mosher wrote:
Only 13 hours? I could go through that in like.. three weeks easy.

I could go through it in 2 weeks! :P

Don't give up! I going to get a copy as soon as I start work again!
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 15 Sep 2004 11:26

mosher -- were you kidding?
david

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 15 Sep 2004 12:04

Thomass, quit crying you fucking baby. :cry:
You're in college now, be a man.

Just kidding--Thomass knows I love him. He's a cool guy and he's not trying to rip anyone off. I'm amazed that he even put this footage out considering he moved all his shit and just started college. To his credit, Thomass HAS asked permission from me in the past to use footage of me, so he knows I'm cool with it. Considering the lack of worlds footage available and the fact that he has offered free dvds to those who feel they deserve them, we should be thankful.

For my feelings on videos and taping in general, see my comments in the "ask permission?" thread.
Peter Irish

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 15 Sep 2004 13:23

well I feel like a dick.... lets see how to remidee the situation... I got it

...haha, boy this forum was getting boring until I spiced it up a little huh. You should all be thanking me cause now we have something to talk about...

drrr well I doubt that worked, but in my own mind this was all actualy a tribute to the june Thomass vid and that infamouse Damon M thread. :wink:

(inserts foot in mouth and walks away quietly)

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 15 Sep 2004 13:30

mmmm.....tequila :twisted:

Nasty Nate, now I know where you get your nickname from :wink:
Peter Irish

Allan

Post by Allan » 15 Sep 2004 14:19

wicked wrote:I think askin 4 permission is a waste cuz everyone just says yes anyway... Whos gonna say no?
I've said no a couple of times. I would have said no to you for a particular clip of me on JS 2.

I think you should consider how other people feel about it and not just follow your own opinion on the matter.

It's a matter of simple respect dude. If you can't understand that, then whatevers, but know that I feel differently and please keep that in mind if you ever plan on publishing any clips of me anywhere ever again.

If you've got time to spend 40 hours editing some footage together, then you've got time to send out a few emails (or a couple of minutes on the phone) asking for permission. If you don't get a response, then use your expertise in editing to cut that person right out of your video.

I'm an advocate of open source, copylefting and freedom of information, but respect/sharing is a two way street.

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 15 Sep 2004 14:19

wicked wrote:I think askin 4 permission is a waste cuz everyone just says yes anyway... Whos gonna say no?
I thawt ur pr0 duc shun wuz am ahct sure, N i dohnt whant 43.toHex() N ur v1deos b cuz u m4ke chiti pr0ducs. Iz it oh kay 2 psaiegh gnoe now ?

It only takes a second to ask, less time than it takes to decode some of these posts.

flexThisImpersonator wrote: ...haha, boy this forum was getting boring until I spiced it up a little huh. You should all be thanking me cause now we have something to talk about...

Thanks, it's been a good thread. Executioner had a nice response in the ask permission thread elsewhere on asking permission and selling videos.

edit: Allan and I picked the same snippit to quote . . . funny that.

Allan

Post by Allan » 15 Sep 2004 14:40

ThomASS wrote:I didnt ask permission to use the footage in a video but i did usually ask the circle if i could tape them. so...if you want a copy cool , if you dont thats cool too...why is that big deal?
It's not a "big" deal, but what it is is that some people may not want to pictured on everyone's TV's. Asking permission to film does not, by definition, mean that you also have permission to publish that footage for public consumption.

You can film people, take that home and watch it 100 times, but when you take that footage and put it on DVD and sell it so that potentially many other people can view it too, that significantly changes the dynamic of the situation; whether you charge money for it or not.

wicked
Fearless

Post by wicked » 15 Sep 2004 14:49

Tsiangkun wrote:
I thawt ur pr0 duc shun wuz am ahct sure, N i dohnt whant 43.toHex() N ur v1deos b cuz u m4ke chiti pr0ducs. Iz it oh kay 2 psaiegh gnoe now ?

What the hell :lol: . why you sayin i make Shitty products? That aint cool dogg.. I put my heart into this.. And saying Products is impossible becase ive only made one product Besides my first vids which were ghetto as fuck.

To allan.. yea i regret that one run edited for derogatory content.. sorry about that homie..
Last edited by wicked on 15 Sep 2004 15:11, edited 2 times in total.