Hood's House

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 31 Dec 2006 13:17

So I'm 23 now, hazzah !

I'm typing this up at Zeke's & Reile's apartment. This whole trip has been quite fun from the first minutes. The road trip lasted about 7.5 hours or so. I kept a pretty good pace up and followed a mini cooper that really enjoyed good passes. No tickets & no wrecks = good trip. All though we almost had one wreck where the traffic stopped on the interstate to where I had to hit the breaks pretty hard and potentially squeel left of a car, but no problems as I had it under control.

We stayed at Shawn's apartment the first night to party a bit. We went to a karaoke bar and got our drink on. Sang a lil Darkness: I believe in a thing called love & ... something else I think. Drove home when I shouldn't have and crashed at Shawn's place. Oh, crashed as in slept, I didn't park my car in his house or anything. Next mornin we drove to the event site which was a 30 minute drive or so.

I burnt out my whole body on the first day starting by parking a couple blocks from the hotel. The streets were pretty thick with parking so I didn't have a choice. My one bag felt about 50 lb's or so with the additional sleeping bag and backpack. I wasn't too happy carrying it and my shoulders and arms almost fell off by the time we got to McCormick Place. The suite was packed with ...30 or so people so it was interesting having bags and junk in every inch of carpet. I shred quite a bit the first day > exercised while waiting for the pizza > shred after pizza > hand stand contest > stair contest.

With that said, I've been pretty sore every day after. Shred was pretty under par for the most part. I'm having second thoughts on my Frees because of that. I'm still having problems keeping that damned silicone on and the toes are killin me. Decisions decisions. I brought my skates to have for the event site because the site is so friggen huge. The downside though is I think the security guards were more strict this year because I got kicked off my skates pretty early. This lady chased me down on a Segway, damned segways. Speaking of segways, I almost got hit by one also. Later that evening I was in a shred circle and a segway came through where we were kicking. I walked out of the circle to pick up the bag and didn't see him coming. I turned around and stopped myself just in time holding my momentum back before my toes would have gotten ran over and I would have been roadkill from a segway. Later that evening we got kicked out of that location, but I'm not complaining too much about that because we had a good hour + all to ourselves. We tried a second location and got kicked out in like...15-20 minutes. Not as good of luck as last year.

Had a couple drinks that night before the handstand / stair contest. Couple red headed sluts, couple double shots of jager & vodka, couple beers. Tom beat me this year due to me being gassy. That's right, I said it ! On the 3rd and last round of distance I got about 25 feet and farted in the quiet hall which was then immediately lit up with laughing. I couldn't concentrate because I was laughing extremely hard. I immediately fell into a door after that. So props to Tom for out walking me. The stair contest was against a fellow named Scott. He said he'd race me if I had 2 more drinks and he could wear shorts. So yeah, that's how it went. I passed him early and kept going. I got to floor 18 or so and it became quiet. I got to the top with a pretty time, but I was dying from exhaustion. I guess Scott tried beating me by running to the elevator, but to his dismay, my legs are faster than elevators :wink:

Some other highlights of the event was the free massage I got at Mccormick place, watching criminals running from the police, watching Dave stomp the competition, boxing Hen and givin him some hurt, chillin with all my friends, eating delicious pizza, meeting some nice girls, meeting some new shredders. It was very cool meeting Rory because I saw him in the hotel kitchen and I was like..."Have I met you before?" "Hi, my name is Rory." "OOOohhh, I know you, but I don't know you in real life." So yeah, it's always neat meeting people in real life when you've seen videos of them and such. Nice guy, he is also very luck in having a nice girlfriend that kicks too.

Last night was the only night where I didn't really go out and party, thank god. I was pooped and didn't have my energy left in me. I crashed out early around 1 am or so while the Boondock Saint's was playing. As of now I'm washing my laundry and watching The Tick. Good times, chill, I liiiike. I'll repost when I get some pictures up. So far I've taken quite a few pics and only a couple short vids.

Be back in 2007, peace !
More C4 please <3

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 31 Dec 2006 21:48

good to finally meet you! happy birthday!
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

bigdirtyfoot
Sloppy

Post by bigdirtyfoot » 01 Jan 2007 22:54

Hey WV guys - great to see you all again. You're some of my favorites to see. Hopefully I'll see you again in 07.
David Wilder

NC Aliens.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 02 Jan 2007 17:29

Just got home from a 8 hour + drive. Got another ticket, argh ! The cop didn't say anything about me loosing my license so I guess I still have a couple points, hazzah ! 73 in a 55, too bad cause I was goin with the flow of traffic.

On the way back we stopped at this huge firework store, pure massive. I saw an exit and the whole right lane was blocked by big rigs...I managed to squeeze in the last second in between 2 of them, but I think I made the passengers soil their pants, Sorry bout that guys. So we survived that and bought some good ole illegal in WV fireworks 8) . Couple traffic jams here and there, but other than that a smooth roadtrip.

So on the 31'st we partied it up and got started with some jager bombs, sake bombs, and juij creations. We created a new concoction of black chai tea, sake, peach schnappes, and cranberry juice. We haven't perfected the drink yet, but we made it to juij .6 , haha. Anyways, we headed out to a houseparty first which was pretty fun. They had some jungle juice, some good music, and some beer bongs. We also had a lil modest streaking around a block or so. We all took off in our underwear running through the streets. I think I remember jumping off of a couple random objects and just having the time of my life, hehe. After that we headed to a bar / club that I heard was like $150 to get into, but after midnight was free. So we went in there and rocked out to a live band that was covering lots of 80's music. Jumped around for a bit and then went back out to the....*blurry*... house party ?? Not sure, anyways, we took off to White Castle for the first time and I ordered waaay to much. I got like $18 of White castle. So I can now say I don't want anything to do with that place, I'm castled out !

Other than that I'd like to thank: (random order)
- My good buddies for takin the trip with me
- Shaun for letting us crash and takin us out for a good time
- CiC / Scott for holding the event
- CiC for letting us stay in the suite
- Zeke / Eric for giving us a place at there apartment
- Henry for boxing me and chillin out
- Tim for takin me out to Smart Bar and lettin me meet one bangin lady whose number I lost :evil:
- Chicago for the awesome pizza and event site
- David & Jorden for absolutely blowing my mind with their rippin runs
- David for selling me an awesome bag...that I immediately lost
- Kolo for givin me a deal on the footfighters and Zeke for chippin in
- Rory & Jess for hangin with me at the event site & kickin with me
- Yanek for carrying my pants and shirt while I was running in front of him
- Tom competing with me for handstand glory
- Scott for trying to beat me on the stairs, but loosing out like the punk he is :twisted:
- All the players that took the time and money to get to the event no matter how far they had to go
- Goldberg for helpin us score the night shred room
- Eric for prepurchasing the Aquarium tickets

There's just so many memories it's hard to pull out at once and put into text. I'm going to work on uploading some pictures once my batteries charge. Somehow I went the whole trip without changing batteries. I snapped over 400 pictures 8O
More C4 please <3

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 04 Jan 2007 15:44

Where's the pics u tease?

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 06 Jan 2007 12:51

186 pics of NYJ trip

I'll select a couple fav's and put them up. As for now, a little dream stories.

I had 2 or 3 dreams that stuck out in my mind when I was at chicago. Unfortunately I only remotely remember 1 of those. Most nights I was out of my environment and a bit drunk so I had some odd dreams. I remember one of them I had to save the world and doing so I had to gather animals. I noticed I had the ability to talk to them so I could gather them up. I was a modern day Noah without a boat, I just brought them back to my house. So I talked to a mole, lion, dog, and some other animals I don't remember. They started talking to me and it sounded like normal english, pretty neat huh ? There was a lot more to the dream, but I forget the rest.

Last night I had a dream I went back to my G-units and played pretty well. I remember hitting pdx torques and someone was just like, less jump, lay it down like you're hitting an osis. So yeah, I'm gonna shred in my g6's next session since I dreamed it. I also had a dream...there was a reverend who asked for money, go figure. For whatever reason I donated $20 to some sort of cause. This was taking place in my old Vienna Elemetary School. Towards the end of his speech he started saying, the more you give, the more you receive. He took all the money people donated and dumped it on the floor. Take what you want !!! So I had my eyes on the prize. I didn't want to look desperate, but at the same time I had to be efficient. I dove quickly and picked up a $220 dollar bill...2 $100's, and $50 dollar bill and was out. Other than that, I don't remember to much of the dream. Pretty sweet though !

Gas station stop with a lot of fields around us. Smile :)

Before drunken karaoke. There was no after because I couldn't operate a complex series of tasks to snap a picture.

Delicious pizza, nuf said.

and I thought Brad had mutant qualities, not even close !

Note Reile's face, mmm mmm mmmm bitch !

Paul A. aka: Paul the party pooper

Breakfast served - with modern art as the center piece.

Dave - Nemesis

Hen - 2 bag trick

My young and cute protege

Chinatown clock / monocle

Bobby fiesting on jellyfish

Overviewing obsurd combos

Moire - Freestyle in motion

Moire - color swapping

Greg Nelson macro

Dec. 31st pregame plan.

Finished breaking into my own car.

A large hollow ball, I better climb it !

Jaws ! (Zeke / myself / Reile)

Goodbye SHEDD aquarium
More C4 please <3

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 06 Jan 2007 13:09

thanks for the pics hood! I was waiting for them :) one of those two bag pics you have is me going for whirlygig. so close :cry:
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 06 Jan 2007 13:45

Image I stumbled upon which explains so many things that I once previously thought.
More C4 please <3

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 07 Jan 2007 19:41

I haven't played any since NYJ '06. So far I've been concentrating on exercises in general and ditched footbag. That and it's not fun jumping around when you have a running nose. So yeah, I've pretty much decided since this is gonna be my last month around, I'm gonna push hard. I'm recruiting my drinkin buddy for exercises. I'm creating an exercise plan that should consist of about 5-7 days of exercise with minimal equipment. Don't know bout you, but I'm pumped ! Hopefully by tomorrow my cold will be completely gone. Jogging / exercise in cold rain prolly didn't help.

This next week if I get the ok from the Navy recruiters , I'll be taking my physical. I was supposed to get this takin care of in December, but because of my knee / hip surgery there have been some complications. They needed medical documentation of the surgery and recovery for the Military Entrance Processing exam, but the hospital was quite stubborn and slow on releasing that. Hopefully tomorrow the recruiter will have the go for me because I'm wanting to get that done so I can contract and get an idea of when I'm taking off. Anyways, I'm out, peace !
More C4 please <3

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 08 Jan 2007 16:42

dont go hood :cry:
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

cammel
Fearless

Post by cammel » 10 Jan 2007 11:52

HG wrote:dont go hood :cry:

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 10 Jan 2007 12:03

cammel wrote:
david

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 13 Jan 2007 01:34

I played just a tad the other day and I played absolutely horrible. Not sure what the main factor was for it, but no good !

Other news, thinkin bout goin for the iceman haircut, thoughts ? I talked my friend into gettin it with me, actually I didn't really have to talk to him much to do it. He's got a good 1.5 feet of hair so he is a bit attached to it. I told him if he gets the iceman haircut I'll do it with him so if we do, pictures will be coming :lol:

More C4 please <3

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 13 Jan 2007 01:36

david wrote:
cammel wrote:
:cry:
More C4 please <3

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 15 Feb 2007 07:53

david wrote:
cammel wrote:
Yo is that pic toward the end of your NYJ collection of you and emily? Not only does it not look like her, but she looks like your twin 8O
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 19 Mar 2007 17:36

Well damn I'm outdated. I had my hair like Chuck's for a while until I started working at Applebees 3 weeks ago. They told me I can't have it since I will be hosting and such, fuckers.

And now my camera is gone, damn I loved that Canon. I had to sell it cause I had an empty wallet. It's currently still empty, very empty. At least now that I'm working I can save up a little and have a vacation or something before I go.

The official leave date is now set to June 15th which is a bit longer than I had hoped for. If any other slots open up before that I will have the choice to take that and leave for basic training. I switched my MOS to EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). Instead of explaining it I'll just throw a link that gives the basics of what it's all about. It's a drastic change in plans, but I think this challenge will suit me well. I have always been one that likes a good challenge and this will be it. I have a fear of water so the dive training will be very intense. I have been practicing my swim times and physical training at the Y now for a couple weeks. I am definitely in my peek condition and can't wait to push to further limits.

EOD Info - Training

EOD Further Info

As far as footbag goes I'm done for now. These random beautiful days makes me want to kick. Also the tripod battle is tempting. I feel like it's too late though for me to get my full effort into making a video. It's too bad though, I have a nice new computer and I won't be making a video. I'm curious to how fast this beast can render vids. All I know is the FPS on any game with max settings are high and that makes me a happy man.

I think once the weather is more consistant and I'm not training so much I'll start picking footbag up again. This is my second longest break I have ever had. The other would be me spraining my ankle and having surgery on my knee / hip. Atleast now when I start back up my body will be in good shape as opposed to recovering from surgery.

Over and out.
More C4 please <3

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 02 May 2007 14:49

So Sunday was my last day working at Applebees, hazah ! I will definitely miss...my 50% discount off of the menu. I ended the double shift on Sunday with a bang of some sort.

I threw back on the minihawk hair cut for my last day of work because they were the ones who said I wasn't aloud to have it. I pissed off one of my managers pretty good about that one. She confronted me about it and it wasn't a big deal cause it was my last day, we both knew it. The best part is how she is very defensive about her hair and I told her atleast my haircut looks better than hers. About 2 minutes later she commented how it was getting a bit hot. I replied to tell her she should prolly shave her head....hahahaha... I wish every day were like my last because you just don't care.

As a host I had to where a nice button-up white T-shirt and I don't mind them, but when you have to bus and clean tables it becomes a chore to keep clean and white. Anyways, at the end of the day when the manager told me I could take off I didn't hesitate. I was all ready with all my stuff in my pocket to take off, but I had a little hulk surprise for them. I went up to the front of the restaurant, flexed, and ripped off my sleeves. I continued with ripping off the shirt through the front and buttons flew everywhere as my white shirt flew off. After my shredding of my shirt I walked out the door and drove off. Couple customers were laughing and the manager was a bit angry, but still chuckling a bit. Anyways, it was a good last day.

So I still haven't played any footbag, but after watching Dave's performance at GRASS it did give me the footbag itchies. I'm going to try to get my G-units repaired so I can kick a bit. I've also been preparing my first solo bike trip. I'm going to go up to D.C. to visit my sister. Starting on Monday morning I'm going to ride my bike from their to Charlotte. The trip comes out to about 420 miles and I'm going to try to complete that within 4 days. My main worries now is where I'm going to crash. I bought a small tarp so I'm just going to figure that out when I get there. I downloaded Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007 and mapped out where I should be heading. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and I can kick some road ass.

Other than that , the usual is usual. The casual is casual. Navy PST(physical screening test) scores are doin pretty good. The first
one i took went something like this.

500 yd sidestroke - 12:15
push ups - 49
sit ups - 61
pull ups - 16
1.5 mile run - 10:22

My second test dropped some #'s so I'm pretty happy with that.

500 yd sidestroke - 11:07
push ups - 59
sit ups - 62
pull ups - 15
1.5 mile run - 9:39

I have one more PST I have to take which will be May 17th. After that it's a month off till I leave. Going to try to organize my crew and take one last road trip to the beach. I'll take some pictures of my bike trip and post them. I also talked to Thomass and found out he's 30 minutes from my destination so we will prolly hang out later and maybe kick some beanie hacks.
More C4 please <3

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 03 May 2007 00:06

Best last day of work story ever.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 15 May 2007 19:09

I'm no longer sore, but the sunburn is still a good reminder of how grueling the trip was. I decided to ride my bike from Washington DC to Charlotte NC. I sold my car and I wanted to see my sisters so I got a ride up to DC with my mom and then road my bike down to my other sister's house. The trip came out to about 440 miles or so.

I've never done any big bike trips, but I've always ridden my bike around. I didn't really have any physical preparation other than the training I've been doing which really helped. I'll post some more about the trip when I get my pictures uploaded. I went packing pretty light and figured the trip would be about 4 days if I could bike over 100 miles every day. Over those days I felt pain / fatigue that I've never felt before, a good experience. I thought that the trip would give me lots of time to just think about life and what I'm getting into. In reality I had to concentrate a lot more on my journey there. Most of the roads gave me very little room to bike where the cars & trucks were passing by me a little too close.

I got to see Ryan Thomas in Charlotte the day after I finished my trip which was really great. I haven't seen him for a long time and it's good knowing he is doing well. He is teaching tennis in different towns around that area with a friend and from what it seems he is doing well. He took me out to play Disc Golf which was really fun. The weather was soo nice out, but the problem was my current health status. I was really gimp, my ankle was weak / painful, and I was pretty toasted from the sun. Luckily most of the area we played in was shaded. I achieved one par 3 which I was quite happy with. If there were a course around this area I'd be all over it. Unfortunately we didn't have much time for anything else because he had to get back to work at 4:00.

I didn't know I was going to be back at my sisters so early and was locked out. I just hung out in the backyard with the golden retrievers for about an hour. I had intentions to play some footbag with ryan, but time & gimpness just wouldn't allow it.
More C4 please <3

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 15 Jun 2007 22:03

John left for basic training a few days ago. I'm not sure if he'll be back after that for a break or head straight to Panama for his special ops training (1.5 years). Bob, our close friends and I took him to Myrtle Beach for a little farewell trip. I had not been to the beach in a long time because I don't really like it, but this time it was actually pretty enjoyable. As long as I put on sun screen every hour outside, I didn't roast. I'll put up some pics sometime if I get any. I also think Jordan is going to make a short video, if anyone wants to watch.

Highlights:

-It took us over 12 hours to make a 9 hour trip. In effort to make better time on the way back, we managed to do even worse.
-Frisbee game outside of Ginos: Caucasians vs. Asians.
-Arriving in the morning to see the sunrise on the beach.
-IHOP loaded with many good looking Eastern European women. For some reason they were everywhere at Myrtle. John even managed to hook up with a girl from Moldova.
-John, Bob and I chilling on a huge blow-up butterfly drinking coronas and lime, then losing our licenses in the ocean.
-I ate a whole large Babaka's pizza in one sitting.
-Being mischievous with water balloons. Yeah, we're all in our 20s.
-Hot tubs are the greetest.
-I brought a lot of vodka in a flask. I gave it to Simon to try. He drank it all.
-Managed to not get sunburt except for a dot on my forehead.
-Bob trying to leap frog over 2 trash cans and knocking over the second and all its trash on the ground....We picked it up.
-Lazy river rides at the hotel. A very drunk Jordan trying to ride a blow-up orca in the lazy river.
-The antics of Jamie Evans. You'll see if a video comes up.
-John inviting people on the beach to a party in our room by holding up a stereo and shouting 813! off our balcony.

It was a typical kind of trip for out crew which is the best kind. It's sad to see John go. He's been my best friend since elementary school. I'm not sure how many people that we know from events still post here, but everyone should leave him some love and best wishes to read when he gets back.

Peace
Brad