SE Shred pt.2

Post your tournaments, events, destinations and regular local sessions.
Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 04 Oct 2004 17:36

the point of holding the event in Chattanooga is to get TN & GA shredders there together. if no one from GA is coming then there's no point. so please...if you are from Georgia, and plan on making the trip speak up. otherwise, we may as well just have it in my backyard.

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 04 Oct 2004 19:19

I think I just found a way to get there.....I just need Andrew's help.
I'll call him tomorrow and see if he can hook me up with a ride.

Edit: Yay! He can=I'm going. Yay!
Ben Barrows

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 05 Oct 2004 15:20

Sorry that I haven't replied yet. Too busy working and going to school. Yes I can go though. Oh and parking can be easy if you want it to. I usually park in the big free parking lots at the top of the hill on the other side of the river from the park. The walking bridge is up there too to get over the river. Umm...to get there...go to the Broad/ 4th street or Market/ 4th street intersections infront of the triangular-looking-glass-aquarium building and go up the big hill that has a candy store, Udder Creamery, and the Murder Mystery restaurant on it. You will find the parking lots at the top and they are FREE! and you can find a spot like bam. Usually. I don't think anything big will be going on so it should be all good. Hope you like walking cuz that bridge is looong.
Chrissy Fryer

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 05 Oct 2004 18:48

i'm thankful things are starting to pick up. is there anyway you guys (andrew & ben) can give alex & chris a lift? or does their concern involve money? i know brett can't go because somebody in his family is getting married that day. andy, what about matt & tre?

i have an idea concerning Florida. it must be awful for the footbaggers in Florida, their not close to anyone. we are the closest group of freestylers in proximity to Florida, and Chattanooga is nearly 600 miles away from Orlando - that's only midstate Florida! i have never met a freestyler from Florida, that in and of itself is a mistake. so i propose that we start a collection plate for the Florida freestylers. if someone from Florida makes it to Chattanooga that would be almost 3x the distance everyone else is travelling. anyone that's got $5 or more to spare, i suggest we give it to the those Floridans brave enough to show. i know it's a long shot, but i'll start the plate off at $20 from myself. i dare you Florida!

RhymesWithAlex
SOUF 4 LIFE

Post by RhymesWithAlex » 05 Oct 2004 19:04

Chris and I can't go because we have other commitments. Sowwy :(

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 05 Oct 2004 19:20

psht.. "other commitments".. what could be greater than footbag?

Anyways, yeah, Matt's coming, but I doubt Trey will attend.. that makes the list:

Andy Chumbley
Dustin
Matt
Andrew Coleman
Ben (10th best in the world)
Chrissy
Elliot
Brian
Nate Sherman

edit: at least 9 people, woot
Last edited by Slippur on 07 Oct 2004 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Chumbley

username
unorthodox jew

Post by username » 07 Oct 2004 18:05

count me in most likely, ive got homecoming that day but i can probably make it for the first four hours, so im freagin stoked, its only an hour drive and my dad is willing to take me. So put me on the list and ill let yall know if something happens to my schedule

rock on :o
I'm with Sergey...fuck adds

If u are flammable and have legs, u are never blocking a fire exit
-Mitch Hedberg, You were one of the best man R.I.P.
Nate Sherman

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 07 Oct 2004 18:21

sweetness now we have many peeps
our new motto well take anyone who is anyone
if you a unknown person and we meet you and cant find anyone who knows of you your out and vice a versa
Dustin Yanofsky

FootbagFrenzy
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagFrenzy » 08 Oct 2004 03:22

awwww yaaaaa i'm looking forward to this!!! hehe i just got back from shredding from 2:45 AM til sunrise at 6:00 AM and it's like 40 degrees out lol i have been like cripple for the last 2 1/2 weeks but tonight was gooooooood so there MIGHT be hope yet. maybe
Brian Heckler

username
unorthodox jew

Post by username » 08 Oct 2004 07:28

smpdustin15 wrote:sweetness now we have many peeps
our new motto well take anyone who is anyone
if you a unknown person and we meet you and cant find anyone who knows of you your out and vice a versa
what?
I'm with Sergey...fuck adds

If u are flammable and have legs, u are never blocking a fire exit
-Mitch Hedberg, You were one of the best man R.I.P.
Nate Sherman

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 08 Oct 2004 10:41

I could probably pitch in some for the Florida kids.
Chrissy Fryer

pips
Multidex Master

Post by pips » 08 Oct 2004 11:05

Oh yeah. I have an idea for the wintertime or summertime...sometime when we all should be able to do this. We should have a get together in Savannah. That way, we North-Georgians and Tennesseeans travel the same distance as some Floridans. Just a thought.
Chrissy Fryer

smpdustin15
Multidex Master

Post by smpdustin15 » 08 Oct 2004 18:02

ok ive have worked some lately and im sure i could throw a twenty towards ya ashley if you could make it
Dustin Yanofsky

FootbagFrenzy
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagFrenzy » 08 Oct 2004 20:32

i think ashley's reason she can't make it is time more so than money. it's a 10 hour drive for her and she is in school so it would be too far away for a weekend trip
Brian Heckler

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 09 Oct 2004 05:58

you all are very nice. like said, im not going because of time. i would need 2 extra days for this trip because they would have to be driving days. so it would be a 4 day thing for me. with school, and getting my brother to drive. its hard. and the truth is, that if im gonna go all out for a compition, im kinda looking forward to the seattle festival. but i dont know if i can go to that yet either. but thanks alot for the intives. probably when im a little older ill make it to more things, caus eill be able to drive by myself.

thanks agian
ashley
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 11 Oct 2004 15:46

i honestly didn't expect anyone from Florida to come. however, i do expect everyone to show at the SE Regionals in Augusta on April 15-17. has anyone else heard? Scarbrough must live in cave with Bin Laden cause i have never been able to find the guy. yes, i am aware that was a tasteless joke. i am also aware that the shred is this Saturday, so sharpen your blades. SOUF director #3 out.

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 11 Oct 2004 19:11

Wow.. that was a horrible joke.. but yeah, this Saturday, I can't wait.. I'll be icing my blades rather than sharpening them, though.

(in a cave with Bin Laden? seriously.. just bad)
Andy Chumbley

FootbagFrenzy
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagFrenzy » 12 Oct 2004 18:44

SE is in Augusta this year huh. I'm glad I'm gonna be in murfreesboro or i wouldn't be able to go! those damned car rentals limit me to like 200 miles a day grrr. Wish me luck getting stuff straighted out with MTSU they are a pain in the ass huh elliott

*hiss* i'm looking forward to being able to kick with everyone when i move but i am not looking forward to that school lol
Brian Heckler

FootbagFrenzy
Hack Fiend

Post by FootbagFrenzy » 12 Oct 2004 19:45

oh ya you didn't specifiy whether it is at 1 pm eastern or central time. Andrew, Ben, and myself are going to be there at 1pm eastern (so if you happened to mean central time we will be there an hour earlier at noon cetnral time.)
Brian Heckler

Elliott
Multidex Master

Post by Elliott » 13 Oct 2004 07:25

i meant 1 o'clock eastern standard time. we might have a couple more freestylers there. chris from Huntsville. said that he thinks he can make it to Chattanooga. daniel, the lone Memphis shredder, said he wanted to make it out to Chi-town as well. as guess we shall see.

the weather is going to be great. high of 66 degrees, partly cloudy, and only 20% chance of precipitation. winds less than 10 mph.