Camera Question

General footbag-related topics that don't fit elsewhere go in here.
Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Camera Question

Post by Slowsis » 14 Feb 2012 17:58

I'm in the market for a camera!

I'm looking for a point and shoot digital, with video quality good enough for basic footbag videos. I don't really need it to be HD quality just good enough to catch all the dexes.

Any suggestions?
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 14 Feb 2012 19:17

What would you think about a GoPro HD HERO2?

I believe this is the same camera Honza Weber used to make this cool first person video.

I can only say this as an amateur player, but I think slow motion capture is going to play a big role in the future of footbag videos (especially tutorials). To be able to slow the video down a bit while you nail a big move midstring is very cool.

This camera will record in 1080p quality when you aren't going for slow motion! If your playing space is not ideal for filming it looks like the "Motorsports Edition" bundle comes with the best accessories for getting your camera set up on a wall or otherwise out of the way.

One of the guys in our local club brought his to try out this past Sunday, but we haven't looked at any of the footage yet.

I do not know what sort of budget you are working with, but I imagine these are some of the best cameras you can get for that price. Good luck on your search!

worldbound
BSOS Beast

Post by worldbound » 14 Feb 2012 20:29

GoPro Hero HD was made to make this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GmLYr30iNY[/youtube]
A great camera for up close shots, and for headcam shots. Other than that I would go with a different camera if you plan on being further than 5 feet away from what your main focus is. I would go with a GoPro as a 2nd camera. Grab something that can zoom in first.

Also GoPros are TERRIBLE for any low-light situation. For reals. A point and shoot digital camera is great. You can get them for $89 at WalMart.

Get a tripod.
Mike Green
footblog
kicking since Mar 27, 2011