Obama: Straight Facts

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 19 Feb 2008 15:38

slapdash21 wrote:did you all hear about obama stealing some lines from speeches duval patrick made to use in his own speeches? some are saying it might hurt his run.
I don't think it's stealing if the author gives them, but it is easy to spin. I could see it being a good hit to use against him.

I campaign for Obama in Ohio on weekends when I have the time.
Brad

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 21 Feb 2008 10:45

Meet Obama’s Foreign Policy Brain: Zbigniew Brzezinski

http://www.infowars.com/?p=370
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 21 Feb 2008 11:07

Wait? The US supplied Islamic fundamentalists in order to bring down the USSR? Holy shit! I thought "Charlie Wilson's War" was fictional! OMG thanks HDS I never would have realized without this article.

And what are you talking about, "Obama's foriegn policy brain"? All it says is that he recieved his endorsement and supposedly got some kind of foriegn policy advice from him. Not like that matters anyways because at this point Obama is just a senator so I could really care less, and this article never says whether their is an actual real connection between the two. Apparently this guy was also an advisor to Jimmy Carter, and we all know what a war hawk he was.

And even if there was any real connection, it was indeed a good idea to supply to Mujahadeen (SP) with arms and training. So fuck this article.

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 24 Feb 2008 20:49

This helps to demonstrate that Obama will likely trot out the same old neo-cons, and other old establishment failures to advise for him.....and to stretch out any wars as long as possible.

So fuck your post, Bainbridge.

-nathan

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 24 Feb 2008 21:23

All your points just got trashed and that's what you come back with?

What other neo-cons does Obama has advising him? Name five?

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 25 Feb 2008 14:24

Brzezinski a neocon? Hardly.

http://www.thewashingtonnote.com/archives/001916.php

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01613.html

Actually, any person who had read or heard anything from Brzezinski in the last several years would know that he is not a neoconservative. Where the fuck do you come up with this shit HDS?

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 25 Feb 2008 15:52

Moxie wrote:I voted for Obama in the primaries.
Ditto. My Mom voted for Hillary. We don't talk to eachother whenever politics are ever brought up. I almost end up getting kicked out of the house each time we do. :?

JSACK
Multidex Master

Post by JSACK » 25 Feb 2008 17:13

all i know is that if he wins

he will be a BaROCK star

and if he loses he will hit BaROCK bottom

haha
Shred The Flipside, and THE BICEPS- I'm 17 too (James McElwain

- some call me jsack, many call me, kickin' wing

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=18162 ( my footblog )

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 26 Feb 2008 07:40

Multiple choice question for 100 pts.:

Which statement did I make?

a.
Obama will likely trot out the same old neo-cons, and other old establishment failures to advise for him
b.
Zbigniew Brzezinski is a neo-con
---------------------------------------------------
Brze falls into the second category IMO.(old establishment failures)

Encouraging Russia to invade Afghanistan and kill a million people may be seen as a U.S. victory by some.

The current war in Iraq could be seen as a "victory" in Russian, and Chinese circles.

------------------

if i can dig up some past war criminals who will advise Obama (former Bush and Clinton advisers included), I will post.

Meanwhile feel free to swoon over the BaRack Star.

-hds

-nathan

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 26 Feb 2008 08:30

Obamanation, get it?

:lol:
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 26 Feb 2008 11:30

HDS:

Bullshit.

That is all.

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 29 Feb 2008 10:03

Incorrect, Frank.

B was not the correct answer.

-hds

-nathan

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 29 Feb 2008 11:13

What I mean to say is, you are full of shit. You are lying to cover your ass because you actually don't know anything about anything but love the feeling of knowing something.

Let me demonstrate:

"This helps to demonstrate that Frank_Sinatra will likely speak Chinese, and other languages"

I clearly was speaking English, and in fact do not know Chinese. Indisputable.

"Which statement did I make?

a. Frank_Sinatra will likely speak Chinese, and other languages"

b. Frank_Sinatra speaks Chinese."

Pretty narrow parsing there, eh? Kinda obvious what you meant the first time around...

Why would someone even bring the speaking of Chinese into the discussion if not to assert that Chinese was being spoken?

I know this is an analogy and that analogies only confuse you more. I am sorry.

So why would you even mention neocons, if you only meant to say Brzezinski were an old establishment figure? I bet you figured Brzezinski sounds foreign - possibly Jewish - therefore he's a neocon. Am I right? A little bit of the ol' HDS racism just beneath the surface?

Lets go a little further, though. Typically a sentence structured that way indicates that you are placing an object within one category, and then within a broader category as well.

Furthermore, and getting away from your hilarious dishonesty, what the hell kind of an assertion is that Brzezinski is an 'old establishment figure'? Do you expect that a candidate must use entirely inexperienced senior staff or else they are disqualified? How can you just lump all of the foreign policy establishment in with the neocons? It is idiotic.

Now then, here's another ludicrous statements you made:

"if i can dig up some past war criminals who will advise Obama (former Bush and Clinton advisers included), I will post."

Yeah, let's just assume that people are guilty of war crimes, and back it up later. Just start throwing that assertion around, who cares if you can prove it. And hell, let's just declare all foreign policy advisors for the last 16 years to be guilty of war crimes and not really worry about whether there is a basis or not.

Genius, HDS style.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 29 Feb 2008 15:46

I'm sure everybody knows HDS is full of crap. I don't know if it's worth responding to him.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 05 Mar 2008 08:02

Voted and caucused for Obama on Tuesday (crazy Texas two step!)

I only have 95 Obama points. I need more! Friend me on my.barackobama.com :

http://my.barackobama.com/page/communit ... roncladben

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 11 Mar 2008 10:22

Curious you would assume I had never heard of him to this point, and would simply imply racism....about a man who looks pretty white to me.

Here's an interesting link, showing Frank Sinatra sounding exactly like blowhard, Rush Limbaugh:

http://www.rushlimbaughonline.com/refut ... 5jan11.htm

excerpt :
Rush Limbaugh Speaks Ex Cathedra about Neocons

(.....)
In this case, Rush is attempting to portray democrats as racist and mistating the objection sensible people have to the "ideals" and behaviors of "necons".

1/11 : BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Folks, I'm tired of this word "neocon." Let's get it out on the table. When you hear the word "neocon" used by anybody, it just means Jews, Republican Jews. That's what neocon means. You're going to have people argue with me about it, it may be a larger definition to some people, but the people who use that term pejoratively are talking about not Democrat, not liberal Jews, Republican Jews. Wolfowitz, Kristol, Richard Perle, these are the people that are blamed for getting us all into this, and it's all about... Well, you can take it from there. I don't need to add any more to it.

END TRANSCRIPT

The word "neocon" refers to conservatives who depart from the traditional view of conservatism which holds that we are better off not interfering in general or acting as the world policeman. Neocons are idelogues, not pragmatists. The term necon has nothing to do with the ethnic background of anyone.
(......)

-nathan

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 11 Mar 2008 12:26

Whats interesting to me is that nearly ALL conservatives try to act like World Policemen, imposing their morals on anyone and everyone.

The point of a (democratic) government is to take away ONLY the freedoms that may cause harm to other people. The freedoms that conservatives wish to take away harm no one (abortion, gay marriage, etc), while liberals tend to lean towards the "let things be unless they are truly harming a group of people."

im not into politics, and don't try to be, but ultra conservatives piss me off
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 11 Mar 2008 13:10

I know your not into politics HG, but I don't know how you could say abortion doesn't harm anyone? I know your just a young lad, but c'mon, think this shit through.

And gay marriage harms me because it increases my taxes for the benefit of a small group of people who give no kids back to society.

dp
Egyptian Footgod

Post by dp » 11 Mar 2008 13:35

BainbridgeShred wrote:I know your not into politics HG, but I don't know how you could say abortion doesn't harm anyone? I know your just a young lad, but c'mon, think this shit through.

And gay marriage harms me because it increases my taxes for the benefit of a small group of people who give no kids back to society.
Abortion only harms if you think life starts at conception and not when brain function and such starts to occur.

Also could you explain the gay marriage thing? I've never heard that argument.
Danny P.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 11 Mar 2008 14:40

BainbridgeShred wrote:I know your not into politics HG, but I don't know how you could say abortion doesn't harm anyone? I know your just a young lad, but c'mon, think this shit through.
What harm is caused by young teenagers having babies they don't want? Can you measure the overall harm of such a hypothetical question? Can you measure the harm caused by abortions? If an abortion does occur before there is any brain function, what harm is caused?

So you oppose gay marriage purely on the grounds of financial reasons. You'd prefer to have slightly more money than for other people to be happy. Is this an example of "Christian Values?"

How do you feel about the argument about sustainable populations? Is having kids actually good for society, and do you believe that the world can sustain a population of over 6 billion people and rising indefinitely.