Adaroll- The cure?

This section is specifically for serious non-footbag debate and discussion.
JSACK
Multidex Master

Adaroll- The cure?

Post by JSACK » 27 Aug 2008 23:47

Well Let me start off with saying currently I am on Adaroll.

I am 17 years old and just moved into U of I last week, as some of us know...Adaroll is a prescription drug for kids with adhd to make them focus more in school. Well

I know around my town and im sure everywhere it is becoming very popular with people without adhd to study for tests and get things done, even my friends will take 1 or 2 in the afternoon so they can get in the zone for the party as many call is "legal cocaine" that lasts 8 hours, well i do not have adhd

I am fairly smart get good grades all the time, im an extremely happy guy and love life. I tried adaroll just for fun two times since i've been down here. today was the 2nd day.

When it kicks in after an hour- no joke i literally feel like superman, I am extremely focused on whatever i do, cleaning, homework or Partying or conversing with people, it makes me feel even more happy than i already am and i honestly and truly feel like i can do ANYTHING like i could take on the world. It is the most intense thing i've ever experienced and it is not even that unhealthy for you. Well

I just wanted to write this because also i footbagged today while on it.

and i hit 3 whirls in a row, and ive never even been close to a whirl before, like i said i feel like i can do anything it is truly amazing.

I just wanted to make this topic cause currently i cant sleep

because I AM FULL OUT IN THE FREAKIN ZONE. and have no more things i can accomplish. cause thats what it makes me want to do....

well if anyone else has tried adaroll or uses it , i would really like to know how it affects you? because it is an awesome thing.

Love Jsack
Shred The Flipside, and THE BICEPS- I'm 17 too (James McElwain

- some call me jsack, many call me, kickin' wing

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=18162 ( my footblog )

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Aug 2008 00:22

So basically you're saying that we should illegally take prescription drugs because they make you feel awesome?

Adderall (I'm assuming that's what you're taking) is basically an amphetamine. It's addictive and has a lot of bad side effects.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adderall
Adderall is also reportedly widely used as a "study drug" at many American universities. Adderall is reported to help focus energy and concentration to a much higher level than normal. It enables the user to focus and stay awake.[19] Stories of students writing papers for an unusual number of continuous hours [e.g., 14 hours], or cramming all night for an exam with no loss of energy or concentrations are common. However, the user reportedly can suffer from drastic side effects the following day if Adderall was used to avoid a normal sleep pattern. These reported side effects include temporary loss of vision, sleeping over 14 hours, muscle spasms, vomiting, mental confusion, etc.

I don't think it's at all responsible to promote dangerous illegal drug taking. I also think it's amusing that you call yourself "very smart" and yet illegally take a prescription drug without knowing anything about it. If you are going to take drugs recreationally, at least know what you're doing and the risks involved.

I also wanted to point out that although really stupid people may call it "legal cocaine," it's completely illegal to take prescription drugs without a prescription. That's the whole point of prescriptions.

JSACK
Multidex Master

Post by JSACK » 28 Aug 2008 03:18

i figured someone would immediately hate on my what i thought were good vibes...awesome!

us footbaggers sure are positive people

JSACK
Multidex Master

Post by JSACK » 28 Aug 2008 03:21

oh and p.s

I said i was Fairly smart , get it right

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 28 Aug 2008 05:09

Whatevs, you're posting on an internet forum populated predominately with impressionable teenage boys telling them how much fun you're having by doing speed. It's not a question of being "positive," it's a question of being responsible and not glamorising drug abuse.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 28 Aug 2008 06:18

Taking these drugs even with ADHD shouldn't be done lightly, as you become dependent on them and gradually lose your ability to focus naturally.

So taking these drugs as a shortcut to becoming somewhat better at some hobby you're into seems like a terrible idea to me. Beside the fact that on the long term it might even harm your game, the best thing about footbag is conquering these tricks, session by session.. If you could hit whirls without investing effort in learning them, where's the fun in doing them?
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

JSACK
Multidex Master

Post by JSACK » 28 Aug 2008 07:02

oh no the whirl was just a plus

i took it to see what would happen, did like literally all homework and any task in my life that needed to be completed throughout the day then decided to footbag... and hit the whirls hah

that was just a plus side to the day 8)

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 28 Aug 2008 08:50

Adderall is labled as a schedule two drug, because it has a high potential for abuse. Adderall, like other drugs with amphetamines, is very addictive, especially when it is used recreationally or without a prescrition. Due to the fact that Adderall has a substantial amount of amphetamine in it, it is likely to cause weight loss. If not monitored closely, users may lose too much weight.

Other side effects of Adderall include an irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, severe headaches or blurred vision, hallucinations, abnormal behavior or confusion, restlessness or tremor, anxiety or nervousness, headaches or dizziness, insomnia, dry mouth or a bad taste in the mouth, diarrhea or constipation ,and impotence or changes in sex drive.

adderall.net
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 28 Aug 2008 16:49

i was on this for awhile in highschool cause i guess i had/have ADD.

yeah, at first it was nice cause i could focus and get crap done, but i hated not being able to go to sleep if it was still active, i started getting twitchy after awhile too.

also, i think i didnt eat for almost a week while i was on it. it completely removed my appetite.

so i stopped taking it, and never looked back.

(not trying to rain on your parade, just giving you a first hand account)
C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 29 Aug 2008 10:21

I have a friend who has done every drug in the book and the joke is his old favorite is always Adderall. Over Oxy, over coke, over, xanax, over weed, over liquor, over triple c, over ad nauseum. People just love the shit. It is also definitely definitely addictive. I dunno how you're getting them now but I assume you have a friend who has a script and his doctor is probably giving them to him like candy. The test will come when you aren't able to get one with easy access, and then you'll have to decide what lengths you'll go to get it.

Welcome to the world of druggies. There is always a dealer or a stupid friend ready to welcome you in the door.

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 01 Sep 2008 10:12

There was an episode of mtv true life addicted to adderall. I tried it once before a big final and studied for like 8 hours straight with no problem, but I would not make it a habit.
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 02 Sep 2008 13:33

The same was said about Meth when it first came on the scene.

I wouldn't be caught within 10 miles of that stuff.

Just say NO to drugs! :twisted:

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 04 Sep 2008 21:33

There are no positive vibes that can be found in a pill. Stop taking it unless you have a problem and the dr prescribes it.
Or just smoke up some of those herbs.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Feb 2010 08:42

I saw this post and was interested. Number one, let me clarify that I am not for the use of drugs, although I will sound kind of like a hypocrite in saying that I have experimented with a few in my day. And still do every once in a blue moon, nothing hard though, and no pills after this first Aderall i took.

Recently, I had an ecology test that I had to cram for in one night. I was studying with a friend and we realized it would be nearly impossible to study as much as we had to study in the few hours that we had. So he offered me one of his Aderall, and i accepted it. Hate on me all you want for doing so.

I'd just like to say, I can see why it's a popular drug for ADHD kids to be prescribed and also why kids without ADHD use it. I couldn't focus on anything but my material to be studied. And yeah JSACK, I'm a pretty smart college kid too, and i always get good grades. It felt like the material was absorbed by my brain so much more smoothly that if I were sober and I would have definitely fallen asleep. I was up until 4:30 am absorbing so much material. I ended up with a 98% on the test.

I do not condone the use of pills. I think pills are stupid. That was the first pill i've popped in 2 years. And it's going to be the last one unless it's prescribed. I took it because I'd always been interested in different effects of drugs on humans, and I've heard how Aderall is supposed to help with school work and focusing. Aderall was an interesting experience. It wasn't a very noticeable euphoria, more subtle than anything. I will never take it again though, because, like I said i said, I just wanted to experience it once before I died. But if you're prescribed this drug, you'd better get good grades... or else you must just be stupid.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Mr. Mushies
Circle Kicker

Post by Mr. Mushies » 26 Apr 2012 00:52

Amphetamines got me into footbag surprisingly. I was hanging out with some of my friends and met a well known player (I will not say his name due to this subject obviously).

I had been kicking for 6 or 7 years already before I had met him. Me and him did a couple Ritalin and he started showing me what freestlye footbag was all about. My brain was running a thousand miles a minute thinking about how cool this sport was and how pumped I am to get into it.

I'm not sure if I would have been so interested if I wasn't on Amphetamines. The drug may have brought me to the sport that I love so much. Anything that you focus on when you're on the drug you have to keep doing, which is why it is so great for studying.

Just thought I'd share :)
Dave Soderberg

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Apr 2012 13:03

JSACK wrote: then decided to footbag... and hit the whirls hah
Aderall must not be very good then.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Re: Adaroll- The cure?

Post by xsisbest » 18 Jul 2012 20:41

But if you're prescribed this drug, you'd better get good grades... or else you must just be stupid.

LMAO.. bout fell out of my chair reading this.
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

Pasquar
Fearless

Re: Adaroll- The cure?

Post by Pasquar » 24 Jul 2012 16:51

I've taken Aderall a few times to study for tests/finish papers and in my experience I wouldn't do anything else with it. Like I've heard some others on this thread say, it does really put you in the zone and make you focus on what you need to, but this mindset (and I also wouldn't call it any kind of 'euphoria') can be dangerous as one becomes more and more reliant on it to meet more basic functions. It was kind of a goal of mine to complete college without ever taking Aderall and that didn't happen, but I'm not ashamed or anything, just so long as it didn't become hailed as something I "needed" in order to get something done; it was always used in times of finals/huge papers.

There are DEFINITELY side effects to this and as with any other amphetamine, they should be taken VERY seriously and I do agree that the way in which the original post spoke of this drug seemed to undermine that. It can totally wipe you out and throw you off for days. I would need at least a day or so of recovery after some Aderall. I also remember my friend who went on a binge during finals week and had to be hospitalized shortly because he hadn't eaten much of anything in days.

If you do proceed (I don't advocate that you do) do so with caution. This goes for every facet of life.
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on