do pannels matter

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
hackysack08
Circle Kicker

do pannels matter

Post by hackysack08 » 17 Jun 2008 19:54

does the number of pannels on a footbag matter?im getting a 44pannel in the mail and i just wanted to know.im new to modified too. :D

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 17 Jun 2008 20:41

32 panels and 4 panels are my fav.

get a Mr.Sandbag from freedomfootbags.com they are only $7 :D

hackysack08
Circle Kicker

Post by hackysack08 » 17 Jun 2008 20:45

but still is a 32 panell different from a 44?
PIE AND FOOTBAG

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 17 Jun 2008 20:49

well, im not sure... ive never owned a 44 panel... but i do know that the more panels means the bags will be stiff and not as easy to stall...

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 17 Jun 2008 21:11

There are two models that are 44 panels. One is what looks like a 32-panel with an extra layer of fabric on the pentagons. Then there's one that I can guess accounts to 44 panels and looks nothing like a 32-panel.

If it is the former, then I guess you can make it freestyle-worthy. However, I know very little makers that make 44s with ultrasuede light and fill them with shot-filler. My guess is that you bought a poly pellet-filled one made with thick material. That is NOT good for freestyle. You'll be too frustrated to do tricks with it. As goes for any bag higher than a 32-panel with specs that I listed before. However, bags like these offer great kicking practice, so work on the consistency of your kicks with the 44 you're getting. :)

The 32-panel is the best model for freestyle because the design makes it adequate for sets, catches/delays and break-in. They are also simple and easy to make in the size of a golfball, in which is the best overall size for freestyle play. Added that the filler for these bags are commonly shot-based, the amount of weight is further intensified than your usual "hack" but is desireable for bag feel. Also, depending on how well it's made, 32-panels can be made consistently round for overall break-in which is a plus for most freestylers.

Typically, 32-panels are the most desired of footbags in the freestyle world, and anything less in terms of panels work just as well. Usually, the lesser the panels, the better the stallability and the quicker the break-in. However, what matters is that the bag should be round to make for consistent performance.

Hope this answer your question.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jun 2008 09:30

yea, less panels is "stallier" cause i own 4-32 panels, and my Mr.Sandman is just as stally as they are... (except my Clavens bag, that thing stalls like a dream :D ) but if i was you, i would go out and buy a couple Mr.Sandbags :D

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 20 Jun 2008 12:39

"32 panels like a soccer ball! Interesting!" -Sugar

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Jun 2008 12:44

"do pannels matter"

yes.

without them, the filler would fall out.

If you want to see what's preferred around here, go to the New Footbags thread and see what people are buying.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Dave Da
Shredaholic

Post by Dave Da » 14 Jul 2008 09:55

Typically the more panels a bag has the rounder it will be. I think a 44 panel bag is unnecessary. I would also recommend anyone who is new to footbag to buy a Mr. Sandbag as several people prior had suggested. Most of the footbags sold at WorldFootbag.com are mass produced and are sold as toys, and not sporting equipment which they actually are...
DAVID M. DAVIS

In life footbag is always there for you.