Footbag Stitching Contest - US Open July 24-25

Discuss your gear and stitching and shoe modification in here.
akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 05 Jul 2010 18:03

i cant make it :( i really dont have the time :(

sorry
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 06 Jul 2010 08:09

oh, that is too bad. you still have time to mail one!

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 06 Jul 2010 09:54

thanks for the nice informative post aaron. i like the notion of judging aesthetics first, and then having a break in period before judging playability. personally, i will be mailing my entry or entries to you soon, but i won't be attending the USO. i will, however, be at worlds the following week. do you think it would be a good idea to extend this competition to take place over the course of both events? if we did that, and every entry got lots of play time (not to mention a bigger voting set) then by the end we will really know how the bags play. heck, it's not impossible that some bags may show early signs of wearing out, which could go into judging consideration as well.

let me know what you think about holding the comp over both USO and Worlds. oh, and please PM me an address to mail my bags, it's probably not the best idea to post your home address on a forum that anyone in the world can see.

thanks!
Will

ps - i highly encourage folks who won't be at USO to mail their bags anyway! i'd like to see as many entrants as possible!

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 06 Jul 2010 15:40

Aaron Shepard wrote:oh, that is too bad. you still have time to mail one!
probably (even if a bag from montreal takes about 2 weeks) but i dont have the time to make one, i work atleast 50 hours up to 65 every week, so when im off, im off in everything. ill stay in touch with this mini competition caus i relly think its a cool idea. but i wont participate
Julien Cote

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 12 Jul 2010 19:24

Getting closer!

Any last requests? ha ha ha ha!

:)

Stitch x 2

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 15 Jul 2010 06:52

request: since i cant make it, could it be possible to post the pictures of the bags here plz ??
Julien Cote

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 15 Jul 2010 20:28

yes, of course I will post the footbags.

I hope I get a lot of emails this weekend with people wanting to mail their bags!

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 18 Jul 2010 19:07

Whoa! Time flies, I tell you.

I'll try to mail in my entry by express mail sometime early this week, but if my entry doesn't make it by this weekend hopefully this stitching comp could be extended to the week of World's. I'm with Will T on this suggestion.

Aaron, you're free to nick me off the list of competitors if my entry doesn't make it in. I've been busy with my job for the past month or so moving and working sales. I work as a jack-of-all-trades in my company, and most of my responsibilities leave me seriously tired after work since most of my tasks involve physical muscle. Haven't done much stitching lately.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 18 Jul 2010 21:19

Hey Waylon,

Try to get it mailed Monday or Tuesday and it should make it here in time! I understand about time constraints and all.

I would like to make the competition the best for as many stitchers as possible, but I want to keep it professional and I do not know if it would be good of me to move the competition to San Francisco. It will also be a problem because I will not be home after Friday's mail comes. I will be in Portland and then I'll be bouncing around trying to take as many people to as many cool spots I know.

I will keep the competition at the USO for now, and if there is overwhelming pressure to move it to worlds I will see what I can do. Thanks for your participation and I hope you make it in. Good luck.

Aaron Shepard
Shredaholic

Post by Aaron Shepard » 19 Jul 2010 20:49

I made a really cool footbag for this event.

It is going to blow your mind!

It is going to change a lot of things. People are going to change. The whole psychology of footbag is going to become inverted and expand like a nebulous, and then in 10 or 15 years when things settle down, people will start to comprehend what occurred. I blame it on the ecstasy you ingest with your eyes when you gaze at the footbag as its parabolic soar inundates through the galaxy of your wildest imagination.

The way you once played footbag will no longer be. This is not footbag stitching. This is a revolution.

See you Friday! hahahaha

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 21 Jul 2010 08:36

you mae it out of paper bags ??
Julien Cote

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 27 Jul 2010 13:58

USO are done, where are the pics ??
Julien Cote

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 27 Jul 2010 17:16

any word on whether this is gonna carry over to worlds or not? if not i'd also love to see all the entries! but i'd rather the polls stay open during worlds to get more feedback for all the stitchers!

EDIT: nevermind, found the other post in journies to tournies. here's the link, scroll for pics and results.

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=80