Toolman

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 02 Mar 2006 16:17

Today was sweet like honey.

I got that snowday today. Thaks to all who wore their pajamas inside out. It wasn't even a legitimate use of a snowday. It mostly rained, the only stuff that froze was on the cars, but its supposed to get really cold tonight so maybe we'll get a delay tomorrow. The only downside to today is my lavers didn't come.

Went to Dave's today like I said yesterday. I hit some pretty good stuff like I hit two clipper far legovers in a row and I got some flip clipper mirages. Also, new line: flip clipper>same toe>butterfly>same toe>legover>atw, and i got 54 kicks which is ok I guess. Hoping the lavers will help a lot. If you saw my current kicks you'd sob for hours. Dave got a good fearless combo. Don't ask me what it was because I don't know enough yet to tell you. After that we watched some contest videos. The were Worlds 2004 and New Jersey Spike and Shred.

The more I look at modified the more I realize how lucky I am to live by someone as good as Dave. Also, theres the fact that I live less than three freakin blocks from him. So now I have absolutely no excuse not to improve. Except if I didn't really like it, which is completely NOT true.

Thats all for now folks.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 02 Mar 2006 16:18

YEAH!!!

I'm a hack fiend now.
Sweet!
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 03 Mar 2006 17:36

Got my lavers today. I was so happy I almost pissed myself. And the best part was... most of it was already modded. All I had to do was the toe box mod. I haven't gotten to use them much though because I had to work. So thats where I'm headed now.

I'm out like that one light on the Christmas tree that puts all the other ones out.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 03 Mar 2006 20:07

me you and the razor have a date tommorow. call me.
david

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 04 Mar 2006 12:44

I don't understand how I could have ever questined the fact of needing lavers. EVERYTHING is SO much more consistent.
Legovers, mirages, clippers, pickups, atws, and those butterflys are oh so buttery now. Plus I've been hitting some new stuff: Clipper pickup both sides(not one string unless otherwise specified), clipper mirages both sides, and my strongside clipper far legover is improving so much. I just have to try it flipside.

The bag that came with it(sandmaster) isn't very good, or at least I don't like it. It's too big. But I guess two bags are better than ones. The video that came with it is the same one Dave let me borrow so now he can have his back. Also, I sent in an order for a mosher bag so I can't wait for that to come.

Outie
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 04 Mar 2006 13:58

wow! you ordered the mosh? nice shit, ive always awanted to try one.
david

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 04 Mar 2006 15:37

Who said I would let you try it?

Just kidding. I owe you for all the shit I tried of yours.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 06 Mar 2006 19:46

Had my first good session today and what made it even better was that it was warm enough to play outside. Maybe it wasn't a good session per se but it was so fun. I didn't hit anything new except for some flipsides of what I already hit. So no I've hit everything flip at least once. I worked on whirls a little. Like I said last week I was getting kind of close whirls and I was trying to show Dave(no good attempts by the way) and he had to go and birst my bubble and tell me I was dexing in the wrong direction. I was working on a reverse whirl. Well EXCUSE me. Oh well, at leat npw when I hit whirl(soon hopefully) reverse wont be too far behind. I almost got an infinity but it was more of a kick than a stall. I tried some other things like drifter and paradox mirage. I get the idea but I just need to work on control and speed. Other than that just had fun hitting the same old stuff but at least twice as consistant than pre-laver.

Speaking of lavers. I have a confession to make. I'm sorry but I just couldn't control myself. I just had to sharpie them. The whiteness was blinding me. So I cut down on the glare with a black sharpie. I never liked white shoes anyway.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 08 Mar 2006 19:38

I have two ok shreds to talk about. Yesterday and today. So here goes.

Yesterday:

I went to Dave's around 7:30ish and he digested dinner until eight and we played until nine. I did OK and hit some pretty good stuff for me. Here it is. New Line: Butterfly> mirage> butterfly> infinty. It was the first time I hit infinity and it was in a string. And I hit flip clip> op clip twice in a row which was pretty sweet. I also started to get tricks out of butterfly, hence the aformentioned butterfly> mirage. Thats the only one I got yesterday.

Other stuff that happened:
Haircut, Dave made cool bag, found out my lavers weren't modded on the inside when they arrived(stupid!), was shown a new way to lace the lavers that is better than the one I was using.

Today:

I hit butterfly>far legover which felt pretty good. Also I got like six same side strong clippers in a row. Dave told me yesterday to really work my inside stalls so I set a goal of 10 which seemed easy because I had already gotten six(yes it does seem like a small # doesn't it, thats because it is) but it was a mongo pain in the ass. I still got it though. I'm gonna work all the tricks I can already do until I get them where its easy and I don't really have to try before I move on to bigger and better tricks.

Other than that I can't wait until my mosher bag arrives.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 09 Mar 2006 14:29

Today was 100% drill, drill, drill. 1 1/2 hours of drill, drill, drill. No rest just drill, drill, drill.

But I didn't mind so much. It was the first time I really DRILLED in my new lavers. Consitency has gone WAY up. I love it. How does 12 strong consecutive and 6 weak consecutive clippers sound to you. It sounds pretty damn good to me. How about moving my kick record from 60 -> 69. Its moving slowly but surely. And I don't think I've ever gotten so many legovers(both), mirage(both), and butterflys(strong) in a row. I was really working flip butterfly but it just wasn't giving in so thats the new "work like a bitch" move.

Money recieved confirmation on my mosher bag came today and it said he started working on it so I'm hoping it comes like next week.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 09 Mar 2006 15:12

wow. 12 clippers. wtf. props.
david

ashleyd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ashleyd » 09 Mar 2006 18:47

I'VE BEEN REPLACED! AHHHHhh. Jk, you just remember that I CREATED BETHLEHEM FOOTBAG ALLIANCE! MUAH.

haha. JUST KIDDING. BIG props to you and all that your skooling. Its sick your lavers helped you so much. You have a good teacher to help you! I should know, I taught him everything he knows. :wink:

I will now be reading this blog mucho.

outty 2000.
Ashley Danowski

"As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well spent brings happy death."

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 10 Mar 2006 14:59

I got a new bag today. No, I know what your thinking, it's not the mosher. It's a franklin bag. You know the company that makes the baseball shit and stuff like that. I got it at walmart for $2.98. They call it a soccer training footbag. It kicked like shit and rolled off on every toe stall. It was packed as tight as possible so I did a mod job and removed some of the filler. It still plays like shit but I gave it a name: The Dooshbag.

Maybe going to Daves later.

Sickage.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 10 Mar 2006 17:43

Thats a negative on the going to Daves. He was busy. Oh well, I worked on my own today. Mostly on the stalls and kicks and flip clippers and flip butterflys. They came a pretty long way today. I wroked the flip clip first for a while and that seemed to help a lot on the flip butterfly. I didn't really work too much on the other stuff because I want to get those tricks up to par with my better ones.

I usually rest on the weekends because my dads home so I probably won't have anything worth posting until monday. Read on.

They call me "see through it".
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 12 Mar 2006 17:16

This game is awesome

http://www.blugah.com/game.php?id=56

My score was-> 29620 on level 8

Thank you people of modified for recomending it.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 13 Mar 2006 18:19

Today I drilled again. But I approached it differently. I didn't use my song method this time. I worked every trick until I hit each of them 20 times cleanly. Some were easier(legovers) than others(flip reverse atw) but I forced myself through everyone. I think this might work better than the song method, but I'll have to do it more to find out.

I was half asleep during geometry today when I thought of something. What if I had done something different in the past? Would I be where I am today? If you think about it, everything you do has some consequence, good or bad, to it. Even the smallest thing like waking up later/earlier one morning or eating something different for lunch.

About three years ago my mom sent me to Wal-Mart to buy some blanks cds because we were out. So I walked down to the store and looked at the cds and thought to myself, "Do I really want to pay ten bucks for a pack of cds?'' The answer to that question turned out to be no. So I started walking back home. The Wal-Mart is at the end of a long chain of stores and restaraunts so I passed by all of them except for Home Depot. As I was passing by the toy store I looked in and got curious for whatever reason and decided to go inside. There is where I bought my first skateboard. The shittiest piece of wood I've ever ridden in my life, but thats besides the point. Eventually I got a good one and was hooked for three long years until I discovered footbag.

Now what if I had bought those cds instead of the board. I might never have gotten have gotten one since my dad strongly objected to it. Therefore I never would have gotten the job at Giant and I never would have met Dave and never would have seen footbag. What would I be doing? Playing football, being the popular jock, having had 40 girlfrinds instead of just one? Damn that would've sucked.

So go think about one little tiny thing that you did that might've changed your life and then think about how your life would be if you had done it differently.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 13 Mar 2006 18:38

who are you, dave clavens?
david

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 14 Mar 2006 09:06

I will make your bag so sick. You and Dave will be like "OMG I never knew a footbag could feel this good!"

I think Davey wanted one too, maybe I will send you two bags and you and him can fight over them.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 14 Mar 2006 12:01

That'd be pretty sweet. When will it(they?) be coming?
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club

mtoolan
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by mtoolan » 14 Mar 2006 15:34

Did the same kind of drills today as I did yesterday except I upped the ante from twenty to thirty. I figured if twenty did good than thirty would do better. Its a good thing that I don't have to do them in a row.

I've been checking my mail everyday for that bag but apparently it wont be coming for a little while longer. I'm also wondering about the colors since I left that decision in your allpowerful stitching hands, mosher. Anyway I can't wait until that day when it arrives in the mail..................... ...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
Sorry to keep you waiting but my dog just got out and I had to go rescue her. It's a good thing she doesn't go far and that she alwasy responds when she smells cheese. Whe prefers swiss but thats kind of expensive so we its american for her.

I'm out like that proverbial :idea: that always seems to go out over my head.
Mike Toolan
Penn State Footbag Club